Pizza for dinner and I need help!

Options
2»

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    You think a pizza cut into 5 equal slices has anything to do with a pentagon???

Bro, DYEGeometry?

If each of the sides of the pentagon is tangent to and centered with respect to the circle, then yes. Quite precisely.

DYEChryslerLogo?
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    1,800/8 is how many calories each slice is if you divide it into 8 slices.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If she's like my mom she probably bought the pizza three weeks ago when she heard that I might come visit

Bwaahaahaa.... so true!
  • dwilks42
    dwilks42 Posts: 18
    Options
    Solution: Eat all the pizza. Less math, more delicious.

'Cause every pizza is a "Personal Pan" if you're determined.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    eat less for breakfast and lunch and bank some calories for more pizza!

Exactly.

and this is just a simple math question that anyone over the age of 10 or so should be able to figure out.
    I just love it when people say the "suck at math" when anything with numbers comes up. Most times they just dont even think it out.

I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers with such a "simple math question that anyone over the age of 10 or so should be able to figure out." You didn't have to comment, maybe I just wanted second opinions. And yes, I did calculate it out, I just wanted to make sure I was accurate. Hope you have a great Wednesday!
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If she's like my mom she probably bought the pizza three weeks ago when she heard that I might come visit

Bwaahaahaa.... so true!

Haha exactly, my mom buys everything in advance! Glad she is not the only mom out there that does that!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Bro, DYEGeometry?

If each of the sides of the pentagon is tangent to and centered with respect to the circle, then yes. Quite precisely.

DYEChryslerLogo?

Have you ever tried to freehand a pentagon???

I have.

It's not pretty.

Maybe I could buy/make some pentagon templates that I could lay on the pizza, mark the corners and the center and connect the dots from there. I just need some templates in common pizza sizes.

But without a template, this pentagon talk is worthless.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    eat less for breakfast and lunch and bank some calories for more pizza!

Exactly.

and this is just a simple math question that anyone over the age of 10 or so should be able to figure out.
    I just love it when people say the "suck at math" when anything with numbers comes up. Most times they just dont even think it out.

I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers with such a "simple math question that anyone over the age of 10 or so should be able to figure out." You didn't have to comment, maybe I just wanted second opinions. And yes, I did calculate it out, I just wanted to make sure I was accurate. Hope you have a great Wednesday!
    I am going home for the weekend and my mom said we were having Marketside pizza (from walmart) for dinner and pepperoni, meat lovers, and supreme are the choices. Now I know I may be a little too obsessive over my weight and healthy dieting but when you begin to see results, you can't help but make it an addiction. So even though it is going to be pizza night, I still want to stay near my calorie limit. So I need to know how to actually measure out the pizza. It says 1/5 of a pizza is 360 calories. But a 12 in pizza cuts into about 8 slices….so how many slices do I get if I only want to eat 1/5 of the supreme pizza? I suck at math, so basically I need any math genius to help me out.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Logic aptitude and math aptitude are highly correlated.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Bro, DYEGeometry?

DYEChryslerLogo?

Oh snap
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Bro, DYEGeometry?

DYEChryslerLogo?

Have you ever tried to freehand a pentagon???

I have.

It's not pretty.

Maybe I could buy/make some pentagon templates that I could lay on the pizza, mark the corners and the center and connect the dots from there. I just need some templates in common pizza sizes.

But without a template, this pentagon talk is worthless.

Maybe you need a protractor?
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    1 whole pizza divided into 5 slices - each slice is .20 of the whole pizza.
    1 whole pizza divided into 8 slices - each slice .125 of the whole pizza.
    .125 divided by .20 is .625.
    So if you eat 1/8 of the pizza, and the entry in MFP is for 1/5, you ate .625 servings of 1/5th a pizza.
    If you eat two slices, you ate 1.25 servings of 1/5 a pizza.

Or if the entry has the amount for the whole pizza, just eat 2 slices, 1/4 of the pizza and say you ate .25 of the whole pizza. Or if you eat only one slice, you ate .125 of the whole pizza. But personally, I'd eat more like 3 slices :)