Extreme fatigue a quick nap turns into a all nighter, Help!

Options

Replies

• CynGyn
    CynGyn Posts: 16
    Options
    I guess I have not figured out quite yet exactly what I am supposed to be eating and how much.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Holy cow - you scared me with that protein yesterday - obviously you entered it wrong when entering the recipe. LOL

You aren't getting even close to enough protein for starters, and you aren't eating back any of your exercise calories. and forgetting to log....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I guess I have not figured out quite yet exactly what I am supposed to be eating and how much.

Those goals are there for a reason. Your main focus should be hitting them every day. The calorie goal is the most important one.

Consistently hit your calorie goal. Don't leave 500 calories on the table. Eat those calories. This will help tremendously with energy levels.
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    also maybe a light snack during the day to keep from crashing
  • CynGyn
    Options
    I guess I have the exercise routine in check, and it's the food that I have to work on. What, when, and how much? This is something I will def work on.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Also: what is your height/weight/age?

What, specifically, is your exercise routine?

How active are you besides exercise? Are you a nurse, sit at a desk all day, chase around a 2 year old, what?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Your logging is too sporatic to really say for sure.

MFP if you set your goals reasonably will give you what you need...if you have it set to 2lbs a week change it to 1lb a week and change your activity level to lightly active.

Then log your food accurately and consistently and eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories and if that doesn't make you feel better after about a week then yes visit the doctor for blood work..
  • CynGyn
    Options
    Thank you I will def try to hit the goals.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Taking your stats from earlier and assuming a moderate activity level (3-5 hours of exercise per week) you could be eating closer to 1800 calories a day and still lose.

How is your MFP goal set. I'm guessing you're aiming for 2 pounds per week lost? Most people set the most aggressive goal the site will allow, even if it's not appropriate for their current size. You might want to reset to 1 pound per week to give you some more calories to work with.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Your food goals, in order of importance, should be this:
    Hit Calorie Goal
    Hit Protein Goal
    Hit Fat Goal
    Hit Carb Goal (less important unless you are eating excessive carbs, but that is hard to do when focusing on the above first)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I guess I have the exercise routine in check, and it's the food that I have to work on. What, when, and how much? This is something I will def work on.

Based on your age, height, and weight (and exercise of 5x a week), your BMR is 1426. Your TDEE is 2086.

For fat loss @ 15%, you need to be eating 1773 calories a day.

Here's where I found the information: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Your BMR is in the neighborhood of 1500 calories a day. That's how many calories you burn laying down all day.

Assuming sedentary lifestyle, that's about 1800 calories a day burned total.

Add ~500 calories burned through exercise and your total daily energy expenditure, TDEE, is about 2300 calories.

You're eating around 1300 calories.

This means you are forcing your body to break down its own tissue to generate the remaining ~1000 calories a day.

1000 calories is a big deficit. You can expect to feel tired doing this. If your lifestyle is not sedentary, your calorie deficit will be even bigger.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Based on your age, height, and weight (and exercise of 5x a week), your BMR is 1426. Your TDEE is 2086.

I must have missed the part where the OP told us enough information about her lifestyle and daily activity for you to calculate a TDEE and say "your TDEE is 2086."
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I must have missed the part where the OP told us enough information about her lifestyle and daily activity for you to calculate a TDEE and say "your TDEE is 2086."

Don't you have something better to do than be condescending all the time?

OP clearly stated in her first post that she exercises 5 mornings a week for 60 minutes. Strength trains 2 of the days, spin class 1 day, kickboxing 1 day, and yoga 1 day.

I simply plugged in her exercise level as "5 times/week" AS SHE STATED.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Jonny, it's on the first page, 43, 5'4, 173 lbs.

Also, OP, you can custom set your macros as well. Maybe Jonny or Steph can suggest a good distribution. I have mine set at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Don't you have something better to do than be condescending all the time?

OP clearly stated in her first post that she exercises 5 mornings a week for 60 minutes. Strength trains 2 of the days, spin class 1 day, kickboxing 1 day, and yoga 1 day.

I simply plugged in her exercise level as "5 times/week" AS SHE STATED.

Yes, I have something better to do: be helpful. It's not helpful to present something as fact or reality when it's a random guess based on zero data. OP's TDEE could be 2500 every day. It could vary from 1800 to 2200. We have no idea what it is.

Your advice to eat a specific number of calories because her TDEE is some specific number is not helpful.

If you think all there is to TDEE is exercise, then you simply don't understand the concept well enough to be giving anyone any advice at all.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Also, OP, you can custom set your macros as well. Maybe Jonny or Steph can suggest a good distribution. I have mine set at 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

Yes, I see those stats now. There's more information we need. If she's an ER nurse, she may be burning an additional 700 calories a day than if she's an accountant. This stuff matters.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Hit Calorie Goal
    Hit Protein Goal
    Hit Fat Goal
    Hit Carb Goal (less important unless you are eating excessive carbs, but that is hard to do when focusing on the above first)

If you're hitting your calorie goal, your protein goal and your fat goal, you must therefore also be hitting your carb goal, because maths

in the above list, I''d put "hit fat and carb goals" as one target, because if all the above are hit, then these two will be hit together
  • jonnythan
    Options

Hit Calorie Goal
    Hit Protein Goal
    Hit Fat Goal

If you're hitting your calorie goal, your protein goal and your fat goal, you must therefore also be hitting your carb goal, because maths

in the above list, I''d put "hit fat and carb goals" as one target, because if all the above are hit, then these two will be hit together

It's also important to have appropriate goals. Hitting your calorie and protein goal won't matter if those goals are not appropriate.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Yes, I see those stats now. There's more information we need. If she's an ER nurse, she may be burning an additional 700 calories a day than if she's an accountant. This stuff matters.

I see, misunderstood what you were asking for. It's all good. Just trying to help you help the OP because I trust your knowledge.