Anyone Starting (or Restarting) A mini goal, 2lbs by Oct. 25

Replies

• saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    OOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry spellbinder :( your post is what reminded me to do an updated chart...... how could I do that?

NEW UPDATE:

Oct. 15th 2010...................till now:

spellbinder: 154...............down 1.0 so 153..............keep the motivation going..... you ROCK!!!
    sas16: 152.8.....................down 1.8 so 151............. stay ready to welcome 140s by monday
    funnygirl: 164.5 .................has been lost.................. not so funny
    Selkieghost: 148...............down 0.5 so 147.5..........any thing is good, considering the injury
    Ontrac: 161.5.....................down 4.0 so 157.5...........what the hell happened there?
    kcurtis: 146.6..................... will update today :)..........waiting anxiously
    kpfister................................ welcome...........................I just know you can do it! just put your 100% in to it.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Not so sure how I'll fare @ weigh. Figures....it's my TOM. So i'm sure you all know how the weight fluctuates during that time. Not to mention, for me personally, I'm like a human garbage disosal during this time. I'm just constantly hungry. Doing what i can to ignore my stomach since I am eating. Trying to drink extra water to silence some of those pangs!! UGH!!!!

Hope the rest of you are having a good week! Good luck during the weekend!
  • Thanks for following up on me...I'll book mark the thread. I wrote a blog this a.m. about my 9 day plateau :D so check out my thoughts:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/funnygirl0940/view/i-did-it-love-my-kitchen-my-life-who-cares-about-a-9-day-plateau-46158

I'm 5' 7.5"
    Oct. 8th 168.5
    Oct. 15th 164.5
    Oct. 22nd 164.5

I'm averaging 1400 calories a day and 200 calories burned in strenuous exercise or strength training. We still have a few days before the cut off, hope the effort will show up in time!! ;D
  • Plateau broke this a.m. and I'm down a pound...will report again on the 25th!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    that's awesome funnygirl..congratulations!!

sas...i know we all tend to eat more at TOM but whatever you eat try & eat healthy for the most part & you'll be fine..

good luck for the weekend every1.....time of the week when we need to be careful!!
  • sas16
    Thanks, Spellbinder....been trying to do just that. And still up my water! We'll see how I did when I jump on the scale tomorrow! :)
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Fell short of the 2 pound goal. I've lost 1 momre pound for a total of 1.5 pounds as of today. But - eh.. once again, I'll take any loss and count it a win :-)
  • tomorrow's the big weigh in!! I'm hoping for the best...hard to say because we had chicken from the chicken stand and it's saltier than what I cook...all I can say is that I tried...now off to sleep & reporting in the a.m. :D
  • I'm 5' 7.5"
    original start weight Oct. 10th 168.5
    start weight for challenge Oct. 14th 164.5
    hit a 9 day plateau but it broke!
    Oct. 25th 162.5 - total loss in 2 weeks and a day 6 pounds

I did it! I got the 2 pounds and no more, even though I wish it were :D But hey, it's a guessing game with our bodies...eventually they do catch up to us after we've done the work ;)
  • spellbinder25
    Good Morning....

Congrats selkieghost & funnygirl!! you both did awesome :)

i lost 2 lbs this week...which means i've met my goal of losing 3lbs for the challenge....yay yay!! i didn't think i would be able to but i'm so happy...thanks to you all!!
  • sas16
    Good morning ladies! Congrats to all of you on your losses. That's awesome! I'm also happy to report that I reached my goal. I wanted to break out of the 150s (plateaued for a bit)...and I DID!!! FINALLY!! At start of the challenge my weight was 152.8. I weighed in this morning at 148.8!! So happy!! Now...just have to keep it going!! Thanks to all for the motivation!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    GRRRRREAT WORK Spellbinder, sas16, funnygirl, and selkieghost, you all did awesome :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

As for me, I gained a pound over the weekend, so instead of my so I am at 158.5 lbs now but I will blame it on the my TOM for that one pound and be happy with my "still-not-so-bad" three pound weight loss. (to be honest, I wasnt really expecting to lose even that much). But I am thankful for and happy with what I could accomplish.

Once my TOM is over, I want to participate in another minigoal of 2 more pounds (wishing any of you can start it) because I know for me, baby-steps is the only way to go...... :smile:

Thank you guys for ALL of your support!

I will do an updated chart once all our members are done posting.
  • spellbinder25
    Congratulations to all of us...we all managed a loss...yayy!! :D

i'm in for a new mini goal....want to continue on the same thread or create a new one??
  • spellbinder25

i'm in for a new mini goal....want to continue on the same thread or create a new one??
  • spellbinder25

• spellbinder25

• sas16
    Count me in for a new mini goal as well! :)
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    I'd be in favor of actually just continuing on this thread - that way none of us get lost and miss out on the updating and accountability :-)
  • spellbinder25
    sure we can continue on this one itself...

so when do we start & what's our goal? my suggestion would be to start on 11/1 and end on 11/15. we can again decide how much each one of us wants to lose in the 2 week duration and how about come up with another goal along with that?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 524 Member
    Well I ended up getting a very nasty flu on Sunday! I haven't been this sick since I was a kid. I'm sure I've reached my mini goal, but this isn't really the way I wanted to do it. :frown:
This discussion has been closed.