200+ (Week 52) "Hot for Halloween"

Options
13»

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kendal I can really telll a HUGE difference in your face in your new pic! Love it!

My hair is blond(er) now..I need to repost too I guess.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kristina: I gotta tell you that taking the dog for a walk AND running can be a major pain, so if you can get a dog who can hang with your runs (most dogs can't do 10 miles though, so you have to be reasonable) I'd definitely recommend it. If not, you can be like me and get twice the exercise.

Lacey: I like the Precor, aka: @ss kicker - it's tough! You're doing great getting your gym on! Thanks for the store recommendations.

Kendal: Your new pic looks great! You are just melting away. I'm glad your scale is being nice to you.

Do any of you know anyone who has had any form of bariatric surgery? I never have but a friend of mine had it at the end of the summer (Aug or Sept) and she just posted a new pic of herself and I didn't recognize her. She's lost 42 pounds in just a few months and the skin on her face/neck is kind of hanging there sort of deflated looking. She looks 15 years older. Is that normal?
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: I forgot to thank you for your clothing store recommendations. I've been doing a lot of "window" shopping but not a lot of buying yet.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here at work...waiting for time to pass.....I've decided to go to the gym. and now my mom calls and wants to know if I can babysit my 12 year old brother. He's freaking 12....he should be able to stay home alone for a few hours...

ok, sorry for the rambling, had to keep the following part from showing at the beginning of my post....

I'm getting kinda annoyed with this lady at work. I love her to death, but she's lost weight recently and I'm kinda tired of hearing her say stuff like "I have 900 calories left over for the day and I didn't even work out! all I had was half a can of soup, my yogurt, ..." blah blah blah She actually raised her eyebrows at me cause I put ritz whole wheat crackers in my soup for lunch today. :noway: The whole can of soup is 120 cals and yeah, I added freaking CRACKERS to it. Then she proceeded to tell me that since she's started counting calories, she might eat one cracker with her soup but she won't put crackers in it anymore. OMG. I don't know if she's trying to sideways motivate me or what but its ANNOYING! Yes, I am losing weight much slower than she is but I DON'T CARE. I have 120 pounds to lose and she had 30!

\rant
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal - I get more B!TCH when people do that stuff to me...so I think the next time she got high on her horse I'd be shoving another cracker in my face and really make her gasp. *kitten*!

And I can't blame you about your little brother...but times they are a changing and it isn't as safe as it used to be to leave kids alone anymore.

Amy - my friend Jenni had gastric bypass almost two years ago. She intentionally gained weight so she could have it. She was overweight already and then packed on a good 40 lbs so she could get approved. Her skins hangs a bit even now in the face.
    I'm no doctor but I have to wonder if it is more to do with the fact that their body doesn't get the right nutrients the same way anymore and it takes a major toll. Yes, they lose weight fast and that has a lot to do with it, but there is massive amounts of monitoring health afterwards for a long time and it can be hard. Jenni struggles to make sure she gets enough nutrients and protein each meal.
    In fact I just saw her last weekend...she went from a size 22-24 to a size 7 and she has huge black rings under her eyes. Part of it is work schedule but she was saying something about the fact that she's having a hard time packing in the protein and vitamins to make sure she is healthy right now. Apparently her doctors want her to eat protein first at every meal and it can be cumbersome..and I already see her old eating habits coming back.
    I think it can take time for the body to adjust to all that...
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: OMG what a self-righteous *kitten* that woman is! It doesn't sound like that chick is counting her calories, it sounds like she is starving herself! I'd probably say something mean like: "I'm sure the anorexia is working for you but I prefer to actually survive my diet." Not that I am recommending that you say anything hostile to a co-worker. A co-worker is probably the last person you should alienate but good freakin' Lord, she's not your diet police! As for babysitting your 12 year old brother...I dunno. I think it depends on the kid. If the kid is a good kid, I don't see why leaving him alone for a little while would be bad. If he's more of a trouble maker, then probably not.

Lacey: I cannot imagine intentionally gaining weight. Wow.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Morning Super Pals - Next Tues I plan to get back into a routine!!! Work is crazy again this week and we had bookclub last night - that never makes for good eating. We are going out of town again this weekend for a wedding. I so just want to stay home and enjoy myself. These early days and late nights have made it hard to exercise. I managed a few sit ups and some stretches yesterday.

Lacey - great job getting to the gym.

Kendal - keep doing what you're doing since it's working. In a year I bet you that you will keep the weight off and "She-B!tch" will gain it back.

Kristina - glad you're thinking about the running dog. My mom's dog is about 30 pounds and he can easily go 4 miles with me. He loves snow shoeing (just being outside) with us in the winter.

Amy - I know 3 people that have had gastric bypass surgery. My uncle lost tons of weight but has severe medical complications and trouble eating. His wife is a nurse and makes sure he makes better choices. He has lots of saggy skin. Lady 1 lots weight but did not lose as much as others since she didn't change her eating habits. She does not have saggy skin but still looks to weigh 250 (she was over 400). Lady 2 has saggy skin buy looks healthy and eats well. I think anyone that loses weight looks younger - it may just be the added smiles from feeling better.

Now I'm off to try some kind of ex this morning...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    PreTOM issues are starting to show up. My loss from yesterday is gone. :sad: (....they should have a POUT face on here to choose cause thats exactly what I'm doing).

I wish I could easily go back and find the first thread of this group. I had already started losing weight when I joined so I'm not 100% sure what my starting weight was a year ago.

I'm wearing pants that are WAY too long so I used a stapler to fold the hem under. Its a 2" hem (folded under), I have on 1.5" heels on and these pants STILL touch the ground when I stand. Why am I getting shorter?!? lol
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kendal - you're not getting shorter the pants just seem longer since your belly is smaller. Try folding the waist over once - it helps make the pants seem shorter. Congrats on shrinking away!!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Morning.

I took it easier at the gym last night. Went slower. My body needed it. I am debating not going tonight since there is a Duck game that my husband is wathcing at a friends house and I have Gracie to take care of. I am afraid I will go over cals if I don't go. I guess I could go at least for 1/2 an hour and just blast it as hard as I can. That would be something.

Day 4 of vegan till dinner. It hasn't been that hard at atll. But I am only 4 days in too, lol. Last night we had Naan bread with dinner and I about died how soft and chewy and good it was. YUM. But then we also had Haloumi cheese and WOW, talk about high sodium!!! I was 1000 over and thats not including the salt used in the dressings I made for my salads at lunch and dinner...so yeah. Ouch.

My weekend is hectic..we have Jeffs Dad and Stepmom staying with us Saturday and got roped into going to a bbq on her side of the family. Umm...I am PRAYING I can keep the eating good. I am logging my food all weekend and working out Saturday at the least.
    Sunday I need to make food for the week and some chantrelle raviolis for a coworker and clean our house. Its a freaking mess.

Then next weekend his dad is here again on Saturday night, Halloween Sunday...then the next weekend I fly out for the week. Yeesh!

Kendal - you aren't getting shorter, your hips are getting smaller and it makes your pants fit differently!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Okay I AM going to the gym tonight. I am going to do a longer warm up on the elliptical and then do a HIIT training on it. Should be inneresting.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: Your schedule looks hectic for a while. Good idea to plan out your gym workout so you can get the most bang for your buck. I can't believe it's only 10 days until Halloween. I'm glad the time is flying by...only 62 more days until Trav comes home (that doesn't sound so good but it's way better than the 95 days we started out with!)

Kendal: TOM issues suck. I'm sorry your loss from yesterday disappeared...maybe it will come back in time to surprise you? At least that's what I'll be hoping for for you. I agree with Victoria & Lacey, you aren't shrinking (at least not vertically speaking anyways) but you are losing around your hips & waist which is making your pants fit differently. I like Victoria's idea of rolling the waist.

My day started crappy. Gabriel was whiny from the moment he got up and only got worse once he realized the weather wasn't rainy and that I'd be dragging him along on my run outside. He put me in such a bad mood that I threatened to sell him to the Turks (I wouldn't actually do it- at least not for cheap). He did change his attitude a bit and agreed to run with me. We had a lovely 4 mile trek on a path to the next village over. Their town mascot is the donkey and they take that very seriously - we passed TONS of donkey sculptures of varying colors & sizes all over the town (took some pics & put 'em on my FB if you wanna check 'em out). I don't know what my town's mascot is but it must be more embarrassing than a donkey 'cuz we don't have sculptures of anything here. (What do you think? Weasel? Pig? Sea Anemone?) Anyway, that's it for me. No running tomorrow (thank goodness as I've run the past 3 days and I KNOW I need a break) but I will be doing some Insanity. Everyone have a lovely day!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- yep, your pants are just getting looser, so they are riding lower on your hips, making them longer!

I'm still TOM-ing. Tomorrow's weigh-in will be ugly, which sucks as it's my year-anniversary weigh-in. *RAGE*

Any thoughts on challenge name? I'll take the suggestion of doing a new thread for each challenge, instead of weekly, so it'll be 200+ "CHALLENGE NAME".

Something about one-year anniversary? thanksgiving?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Day Light Savings changes in a couple weeks. Currently the sun rises around 7:30ish, meaning it will soon be rising around 6:30. I'm thinking I could forego my extra hour of sleep and get up an hour earlier and get a little bit of exercise done in the morning. I won't be losing any sleep, cause it just means I will go to bed an hour earlier. That way, I can take Lexi out on the backroads and get a little 2 mile walk in before I go to work. Maybe.....I don't wanna go out in the dark. People fly on those roads. If its too dark though, I can get up and do something on the Wii....I need to get an exercise game or something.

Challenge Name Ideas:
    One Year Later
    Surviving Thanksgiving
    Taking on the Turkey Temptation
    Me vs. The Turkey (haha)
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Yeah Daylight savings time...Fall Back..happens to be the same d@mn day we fliy out so I am going to have to be extra careful about getting to the airport on time.

My flight leaves at 5:20 (Gawd...) and I need to be there an hour ahead of time..so by 4:20 and then the fall back so I will really need to be there at 3:20?? I guess I can't do our usual plane trip ritual of getting a big fat martini on the layover...but there is always the bloody mary I guess!

Amy does each village have a mascot? That is kindof funny. I'm sorry you didn't have a good day. I find myself lately yelling at Gracie more than I need to because she isn't moving as fast as I'd like her to do something out not so I need to consciously keep reminding myself that is not okay.

How about 200+ Us versus The Turkey?
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW CHALLENGE/THREAD!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

See 200+ "Us vs. The Turkey"