90 days into Stronglifts 5x5 [w/ PICS]

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! I'm almost 6 months into SL and I haven't seen that kind of change in my stomach. It's mostly my arms and back. I'm impressed and a little jelly... :smile:
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • BaldheadSlick
    BaldheadSlick Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work and thanks for once again showing the results that women can achieve with lifting hard and heavy!
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! wish you could show me how! I want to lift not just the machines free weights!
    Keep it up you look awesome!

I recommend watching the two Stronglift videos on YouTube (workout A and B) to give you an idea. A lot of people just watch these videos and figure it out on their own but I'm not that gifted of a learner, lol. I have to be shown. I got a PT for several sessions and it was money well spent. I lucked out and found someone who really knew what he was talking about and didn't try to feed me bro-science bull. If you go the PT route, make sure you do your research first so you can have an idea of what correct form is supposed to look like in case they themselves don't know what they're talking about.
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options
    Wow! Get job lady!! Did you do any cardio to?

Yes. I do two days a week of HIIT training but NOT running/elliptical etc. I do a series of heavy dumb-bell exercises, bodyweight exercises, a couple of the weight machines (to include assisted chin-ups) and finish off with fast-paced rows on the row machine. I do this as a three-round circuit. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Just another reminder about how TERRIBLE I am at actually taking progress pics.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress.
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Great job and amazing progress!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    great job! doens't it feel amazing to be able to do more than you could before??

I may be having a brain fart, but what is the last lift you have listed? "BR"?

ETA: looked it up. nevermind. Barbell Row. Which didn't occur to me because...that's how I row :) But now i want to know, if anyone does, is there a difference between barbell row and pendlay row?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Ahhh wow!!
    I am about three weeks into SL 5x5 and i'm really excited to see how far I make it in 90 days

You're very inspiring :D thanks for posting!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations. Were you eating at a deficit orat maintenance?
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    You're so little!!

lol that' my favorite thing to hear so I thought i'd share that with you.

your butt is kind of shaped like mine lol oddly enough
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Very impressive, well done!

I love how there is such a big difference in body shape for just a few pounds in scale weight difference - a lesson to anyone who is scared of using weights in case they get "bulky"!
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options
    great job! doens't it feel amazing to be able to do more than you could before??

I may be having a brain fart, but what is the last lift you have listed? "BR"?

Barbell row. Some people put BBR though. :) I have seen it both ways lol
  • MissGamerGirl
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations. Were you eating at a deficit orat maintenance?

For about the first month I was eating very close to or right at maintenance (2000 calorie target). From the second month to now I have been in varying degrees of a deficit. I dropped from 2000 to 1900, then took the plunge to 1750. I noticed that when I changed to 1900 I had been eating a little under that target anyway and still feeling fueled so I felt comfortable dropping.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've started working with a personal trainer and she has me lifting weights. Wow! With results like this, I'm going to do less crying and more trying!!!

You look fabulous!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly, Girl!!!! I wish I took before pictures when I started, but I can definitely tell in my clothes (not the scale) that my body is changing. Shout out to chicks that lift heavy. Wooooo!!!!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Pendlay Row is a stricter version of the Barbell Row where your upper body stays completely parallel.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome results so far! I just transitioned from strength training on machines to doing compound lifting. I can really feel the difference!

You look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!