What's for dinner???

Options

Replies

• beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza - thin crust from Target (Archer Farms), baby spinach, fresh mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. And marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese of course. First time really making homemade pizza, so wish me luck! According to my calculations, a quarter of the pizza should be 266 calories, so not bad. I'll probably eat half of it tonight!

Sounds delicious!

I love making pizzas at home, one of my favorites is using the Light Whole Grain English Muffins to make mini pizzas :) quick and easy on a weeknight and we can top them however we want.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    Small can of chicken that you would find by the tuna, 1/4 c plain greek yogurt, a tablespoon of franks hot sauce, two stalks diced celery all wrapped in a flat out flat bread slice. Even with a little ranch it is under 300 cals. Sometimes I'll *kitten* shavings of cucumber to it as well.

"*kitten* shavings" I am dying

As long as you meant "add" this sounds delicious! haha
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Grilled shrimp tacos
    Roasted Peppers
    Back Beans

Yummy!
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Buffalo ground turkey salad.

Ground turkey tossed in franks red hot buffalo sauce, on spring mix with half avocado on top.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just a plain ol' 96% lean burger with banana peppers on Sandwich Thins, and a big pile of green beans with a bit of Smart Balance. I need speed and ease on a weeknight.

I agree! Speed and ease is the way to go! and this sounds great, right up my alley.
  • hig17
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm still at work so no pictures, but I'm having Italian sausage, steamed broccoli a sweet potato and a veggie egg roll (baked) Whole meal 581 calories. :-)

Yum! A homemade veggie egg roll?
  • hig17
    Options
    Homemade pizza - thin crust from Target (Archer Farms), baby spinach, fresh mushrooms, and artichoke hearts. And marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese of course. First time really making homemade pizza, so wish me luck! According to my calculations, a quarter of the pizza should be 266 calories, so not bad. I'll probably eat half of it tonight!

Sounds delicious!

I love making pizzas at home, one of my favorites is using the Light Whole Grain English Muffins to make mini pizzas :) quick and easy on a weeknight and we can top them however we want.

That is a great idea! That way my fiance can add what he wants (usually meat supreme for him) and I can add my veggies. Thank you!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Sounds delicious!

That is a great idea! That way my fiance can add what he wants (usually meat supreme for him) and I can add my veggies. Thank you!

:D yeah it works out great for us, I love jalapenos, pineapple and turkey pepperoni on mine but my husband wants nothing to do with that lol so this has been the best option for us to enjoy pizza. plus the muffins are 100cal so it can stay pretty low calorie wise when paired with a salad
  • alikatfin
    alikatfin Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Sounds delicious!

:D yeah it works out great for us, I love jalapenos, pineapple and turkey pepperoni on mine but my husband wants nothing to do with that lol so this has been the best option for us to enjoy pizza. plus the muffins are 100cal so it can stay pretty low calorie wise when paired with a salad

That is a really good idea! I forgot, I actually have made mini pizzas before on pitas, and that was pretty good and easy. And I also forgot I'm also putting sliced green olives on the pizza I'm making tonight :) And btw, I think jalapanos, pineapple, and turkey pepperoni sounds awesome. I'm going to have to try that!
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Small can of chicken that you would find by the tuna, 1/4 c plain greek yogurt, a tablespoon of franks hot sauce, two stalks diced celery all wrapped in a flat out flat bread slice. Even with a little ranch it is under 300 cals. Sometimes I'll *kitten* shavings of cucumber to it as well.

"*kitten* shavings" I am dying

As long as you meant "add" this sounds delicious! haha

so meant add...hahahaha
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Nachos and beer!!! :happy:

To compensate, this is what the rest of my day looked like:

Breakfast:
    1 whole wheat pita filled with 2 scrambled eggs, green pepper, white onion, tomato slices, and cheddar cheese.
    2 cups of water

Lunch:
    Spinach salad with green peppers, white onion, cucumber slices, feta cheese, roasted chicken meat, and Asian sesame dressing.
    3 cups of water

Snack:
    1 cup of carrot sticks
    1 cup of water

Exercise:
    Walk to work (45 mins)
    Walk on lunch break (15 mins)
    Walk home (45 mins)

Now I have plenty of calories to use this evening drinking beer, eating nachos, and catching up with my friends.
  • kristincreate
    Options
    Not very hungry right now as I've been baking this afternoon (I made my rendition of Rocky Road Brownies -- Yummm) and had a few too many Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis but they were damn good. I've been trying to think of something I can do with a can of almost empty pumpkin that's been sitting in my fridge. I think I'll whip up some Rice noodles tossed into a pumpkin sauce with some sauteed green beans thrown in there too. Sounds good to me!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Beer Chicken
    Broccoli slaw salad
    Smashed Red potatoes
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chili's Mango-chile tilapia. Had it for lunch and it was so good I'm gonna order another to-go platter on the way home! :heart:
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Spring green and spinach salad with blackened tuna steak, walnuts, cucumber, red onion... and probably a big tray of roasted veggies before this cauliflower and asparagus go bad.
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty boring. I stop by the grovery store on my way home from work and pick up whatever cut of meat (fish, fowl, beef, pork, whatever) is on sale. I go home, throw a little Himalayan Sea Salt on it and put it in the over. While that's cooking I grab a bag of frozen veggies, steam them up, throw some grassfed butter on it, and that's my dinner.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Chili's Mango-chile tilapia. Had it for lunch and it was so good I'm gonna order another to-go platter on the way home! :heart:

I had this while I was on tour earlier in the year and was surprised at how good it was... until i got a few more bites in and realize the fish was still frozen in the middle. Ah, seafood menu at chain restaurants, how you torture me on the road...

(You're probably fine unless you're in Bum****, TX between Houston and Austin.)
  • bravid98
    bravid98 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use a premade sauce. I don't eat gluten free, but the sauce I use is. It's lower in calories and doesn't have sugar in it like House of Tsang sauce does.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    apx 4 oz ground beef 20/80...used the grease from that to sautee zuchinni and summer squash...added cayenne and 1/4 c Alfredo sauce. No noodles needed.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pork Roast, roasted veggies, and homemade pork gravy... MmmmmmmMmmmm