What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Fit2btied2016
    Fit2btied2016 Posts: 241 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    garren1957 wrote: »
    We have a pond near our house that has a walking path with some small hills around it (about 1/2 mile around). When I first started walking around it, I would have to stop 1/2 way and rest before doing the other half to get home. Two days ago, I walked around it 5 times for a total of over 2 miles without stopping. This has taken me over a year to get to this point. I still have a long ways to go, but the increase in stamina is a real plus for me.

Hey that is awesome! Trying to remember something from physics class wayyyy back, lol--a body in motion, stays in motion, or something like that, but don't ask me who's law that is, please. Anyway, you have found a sweet spot in your journey. Enjoy it and keep on going. Congrats!

Gosh, there are so many neat accomplishments here and interesting posts. I could read all day and still not cover them all.

What an interesting website with so many interesting stories, journeys and successes.

That would be Sir Isaac Newton. That would be his First Law of Motion. But it's not talking about "bodies" as in human bodies.

And at the same time, Newton's First Law also states that a body at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. In the case of us humans, we can be that external force to change our bodies from being at rest to being in motion.

See what I did there?

Very clever! Ah yes, a few cobwebs have cleared and it's ringing a bell. Now if only I had been better at math then, I might have actually passed that physics class! :smile:
    Now back to our regular program...
    Congrats again, OP!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited October 8
    this was accidental repeat!
  • Fit2btied2016
    AxBCecil wrote: »
    Ran 10 miles on mountain trails a couple days ago. It's taken me almost 2 years to get to this point, and it's the farthest I have been able to run since I quit running 9 years ago. I have been feeling a little down on myself lately even though I'm at my goal weight, so seeing my fitness progress is really encouraging!

Nice! I will start 10 walking miles, and you can come back in a week and pick me up by the side of the road, he, he. (Just teasing). That is an AMAZING accomplishment, and I am a touch green.

You remind me of trying to run my first official 5Km (just before Covid hit). Within 15 minutes I could hear cheering from the finish line, and I was just trying to pass a Cop that was guarding the route and would cheer people on now and then when people passed. I was all alone when I passed her, but I had only 2 goals that day: Finish the race, and not get lost.

I made some joke to her about wondering what the cheering was all about, and she said, "Oh, they just announced the winners," and I replied (stunned) something like, "Well, I guess I won't be finishing the race last today, so I won, but as long as I am home before dark!" She howled, and her cheering kept me going to the next trail in the park.

I did a lot of walking with stretches of jogging at a time, and my time was about 45 minutes, and some giant fluffy mascot greeted me at the finish line when I was done, but that was one of the sweetest victories. No friends, no family, nobody, just some nameless police officer that cheered on some breathless, sweaty, fat lady in the park. (Who went on to do a second 5Km shortly after--see where this is headed?) Thanks for the inspiration :smile:

• Fit2btied2016
    Sorry, accidental double-post--the server had timed out.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 672 Member
    I’m in a size medium in my workout pants. I started this in the same brand in a 2x.

2nd NSV is I got a rowing machine for my birthday (46 today!!) from my husband. It came with a 30 day IFIt trial and the IFit also goes on my treadmill. So their are walking tours again on my treadmill I had no problem keeping up with the running parts today on the “ghost tour” one…

It went so well that it’s actually making me rethink if I should be putting a little more pep in my step… maybe I should be jogging or running? Last time I tried was about 70 pounds ago. Then my problem with couch to 5k was in my feet hurting. I’m kind of hopeful that maybe I’m light enough I could start jogging now. I was going to wait until I hit a healthy BMI to attempt it.