What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• forthegoals
    forthegoals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i bought clothes to work out in 2 sizes smaller than last time.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    Even though my 1st hiit session on the elliptical wore me out so bad yesterday that I could only sit on my couch and rest the remainder of the day and I told myself today would be a rest day, I still got on the elliptical after all today! No hiit today just testing my personal endurance but still, I did it!! Successfully managed to work out every day at least somewhat every day since last Monday!! :smile:

I also swear I saw some definition in my hamstrings when I was in the shower. I'm probably delusional but, I'm counting it. :p
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Today when I got home from work, I kept having to pull my work shorts up. Size 10. Bought them about three weeks ago. I have a pair of size 8 skinny jeans in my closet. They fit comfortably. A bit snug, but not uncomfortable at all. I think if they were a regular fit instead of low rise skinny jeans, the 8 would fit perfectly. This is thrilling :-) I still have 15 pounds to go, so knowing this, I'll probably be a 6 or 4 (!!!) when I get to my goal. Can't believe it!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Every October my husband and I go to the renaissance festival in full costume. I have a beautiful corset that cinched me in close to 10 inches (originally 5, but my waistline had expanded). Last year I remember crossing my arms and marveling over how close to my core they came. It seemed like it would be a dream to have my waistline be that tiny normally.

Fast forward to today. I pulled out my costume to see if I need to make any alterations. That corset takes my waist in a grand total of an inch. Glad I tried it on while there's still time to make a new one!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I picked up my 12 1/2lb weights for my bicep exercises and noticed that they felt incredibly light, so I switched to 15lb and was able to compete all my sets. It's been a month since I went up from 10lb, where I seemed to be stuck at for ages.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I was going to get in any exercise today but I ended up getting in 450 weighted reps between 19 different exercises! I hadn't been up to par lately, (some DOMS over the weekend) and sometimes it's hard to get back in the groove after being off a couple days. But this makes me feel better. Reading these boards and just starting something, even if I don't think I'll get much done. But one thing leads to another and I got an overall jam on tonight! Yay me!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Non-scale-victory
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I started developing a noticeable spine-line groove/indentation/definition or whatever its called several months ago, which was exciting after years of the most definition I had on my back was rolls.

Then last night I caught a glimpse of my bare posterior in the mirror and noticed the spine line has since extended slightly down past my waist towards my tailbone.

Seeing that this line has extended down below my waist made me feel pretty and feminine. :)
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I sat something on my lap and it fell on the floor...guess I must've lost some weight from my thighs :)
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a dress today at work that is very much outside of my comfort zone. My husband was very insistent that I wear it after trying it on last night. I guess it looks better in real life than it does in my head, because its 8am and I have already been complimented! I am still so used to hiding in my clothes, that wearing something that purposely shows off your form is still hard for me!
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did two unassisted pull ups. This is major for me. I was a rock climber in high school and still couldn't do a single pull up.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A lady from vacation bible school commented on my weight loss on Monday, and asked me what I had done. I told her I ate less and moved more. Last night she told me that I had really inspired her with that, and that she realized that was how simple it was.
    And then I got home and put on a size small t-shirt. Albeit brand new and unwashed, so it will probably shrink, but by golly - I got my whole self into it- and not just my head! And I didn't look like a stuffed sausage!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    dayrae02 wrote: »
    I am wearing a dress today at work that is very much outside of my comfort zone. My husband was very insistent that I wear it after trying it on last night. I guess it looks better in real life than it does in my head, because its 8am and I have already been complimented! I am still so used to hiding in my clothes, that wearing something that purposely shows off your form is still hard for me!

Good going :smiley:
    I never used to wear dresses and always hid in jeans and trousers. I'm more comfortable in dresses than I used to be for evening/special/summer wear but still haven't mustered the guts to wear one to work.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've run/jogged 13km this week over 3 sessions which is likely the most running I have done in a single week, ever.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,181 Member
    Options
    As I was walking out of the Y this morning, the fitness director (who knows me because I've been in a couple classes she taught) said "Ann, you look awesome." (yup, with emphasis). Only about halfway to goal - down 30 pounds, 20-some more to go - but it still made me feel like there's visible progress.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a size 14 pants from a really snug 22 (probably should have been in a 24) AND I went down a shoe size!
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    dianahoo wrote: »
    So, yes, it's a bit sad that it took me 2 1/2 years to do a pull-up, but it's one of my proudest accomplishments ever!

That's awesome! Good job! That is one of my goals as well; I don't think I've done a pull up since grade school, but want to be able to do an honest-to-goodness, true-to-form pull up.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ran a mile without stopping with my morning fitness group AND kept up with the group - I was last...but so so so proud of myself!!!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My DOG now walks ME faster. I don't know how he knows that I am more fit. Perhaps from watching me to high intensity interval training, calisthenics and playing with him in the family room. BUt that's his job. He IS my FURSONAL trainer!

Awe, I wish I had a furry companion with me on my walks!

Borrow a pup. It will make you, the pup and your neighbor's happier.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My goal this summer has been to swim to the buoy (which is 6 tenths of a mile) and back during an open water swim with friends who are training for triathlons. I finally made it to the buoy even though I was last and reformed back to dog paddling a time or two.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!