What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Fit in SINGLE DIGIT SIZED PANTS!!!!! FINALLY!!!
    An 8!!!! :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    50 minutes on the elliptical - two 25 minute ones
    Highest I've gone on the elliptical so far

I have another one but it sounds weird when writing it so I'll keep it to myself
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My work uniform is looser. Yay!
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My hubby referred to me as pipes today due to the definition in my arms:)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Trying on a pair of my daughter's shorts that are now too small for her - AND THEY FIT ME
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My favorite pair of tight workout pants is now baggy on me. I need to go get a few pairs in a smaller size, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that the next size down fits sizes 8-10. There's no way that could fit me!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options

kgb6days wrote: »
    Trying on a pair of my daughter's shorts that are now too small for her - AND THEY FIT ME

You're going to give your daughter a complex if you're not careful lol! Congrats!

• dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans I had as a 'in maybe a month's time' kind of target fit me this weekend! I realised I've dropped a whole dress size and, since my work trousers were near falling off me, went out and bought myself a new pair in my current size (UK size 16). Trying on clothes was a strange new experience - I can't remember the last time I had to reject anything for being too big, but there were several pairs that were put back for that reason! Also treated myself to some new gym clothes - never thought that would be a treat!!! ;)
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I ran my best run EVER this morning. Kind of on a whim, too. I was planning to go to the gym because it's been so humid but this morning it was nice so I decided to run outside. It was my furthest distance (OVER two miles), my best time and by FAR my best pace. Under 12 min/mile at some points! I couldn't believe my runkeeper app! I was super achy after but it was so worth it!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    As the weather started getting warmer, and I started wearing skirts more often, I had a lot of issues with my thighs rubbing together. By the end of the day, they'd be red and painful. So I bought a couple of 'thigh slimmers' to prevent it. Worked great, so I've been comfortably wearing skirts all summer. Yesterday, they were both in the wash, but my daughter wanted me to wear a skirt so we would match. I wore a skirt with no 'slimmer' all day - even though a one mile walk - and it just clicked this morning that my thighs don't hurt! Woo hoo!
    I did this for the first time today, too! I never thought I could do it!
    My favorite pair of tight workout pants is now baggy on me. I need to go get a few pairs in a smaller size, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that the next size down fits sizes 8-10. There's no way that could fit me!
    I am going through this now too. I'm, like, nuh uh! no way!

So great to see I am in good company!

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans I had as a 'in maybe a month's time' kind of target fit me this weekend! I realised I've dropped a whole dress size and, since my work trousers were near falling off me, went out and bought myself a new pair in my current size (UK size 16). Trying on clothes was a strange new experience - I can't remember the last time I had to reject anything for being too big, but there were several pairs that were put back for that reason! Also treated myself to some new gym clothes - never thought that would be a treat!!! ;)

This us me at the moment too. I have a pair each of jeans and work trousers waiting that go on but are just a bit too snug to wear comfortably so in the meantime I'm still having to wear the baggy waist jeans and trousers while I lose a few more pounds.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Had a customer today that made a comment while we were talking about the soda he was buying. I said it sounded good because it was cherry flavored, it was the zero calorie kind. His response included "though you don't need to worry about that cause you're small" in reference to the no calories. While incorrect, since I count calories every day, it was smile inducing to have someone think I'm small and don't have to worry about such.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I have suffered all my life from this:

"Scopophobia, scoptophobia, or ophthalmophobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a morbid fear of being seen or stared at by others. Scopophobia can also be associated with a pathological fear of drawing attention to oneself."

I have wanted to go out and walk around my nice neighborhood for years now, but no matter how much I try to psych myself up to do it, I just can't go out the door.

Today I finally conquered that fear and went for a 40 minute walk around my neighborhood!!

It was really nice and not too scary at all. Except for when I saw people. :#:) I live in a beautiful neighborhood, and you see so much more walking rather than driving.

This is a bigger accomplishment for me than losing weight. But I do have to say that it is the weight loss that helped me do this. I feel so much less "ugly" and ashamed of myself than I did 42 pounds ago, so I don't feel as much of the fear of people looking at me and saying "there goes a great big fat pig" as I once did.

I am really happy with myself this morning. I know that tomorrow and the next day and the day after I will still have to go through my self-talk routine to get out the door again, but I really hope that repetition will eventually help eventually ease this fear. I don't want to be a prisoner in my house any longer. This is a huge first step. :)

That is awesome!! B)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My slacks that were painfully tight a month ago are loose in the waist. My husband is not wearing his wedding ring today-it has become so loose that he is afraid of it falling off!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for posting. It's so exciting to see everyone's victories!

I've got a couple for today:

Saturday was my one year fit-aversary! August 1st, 2014, was the day I decided to change my health story. What a difference that year has made!

Also on Saturday I was shopping for new trousers. I started in a VERY tight 18 (US) and am now between 10 and 8 depending on the cut (single digit!). The woman at the shop was helping me find various styles to try on, she picked up a pair and put it back and said "Those are a 14 - WAY too big for you." Words I NEVER thought I'd hear!

Then on Sunday I ran my fastest 5k so far, trimming nearly two minutes off my previous one. I'm pretty sure it's because I got a new running watch and I was trying to impress it :)
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of size 4 skinny jeans :D just in time to start college in a few weeks. So glad I was able to drop another size beforehand!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I went to the pool yesterday and did my full hour long workout, even though I wasn't really feeling like it. Was hard to get out the door, but once I was there it was all good. Glad I didn't pike :)
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I live abroad, and I only come home twice a year. I'm home now, and one of my friends said "Every time you come back you're thinner! How do you do it?" I laughed and made some joke, but I love knowing people notice. My dad also commented on how small and delicate my nose is, and my mom commented on my cheekbones. My face is looking different!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!