What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I decided to try a walk run routine. Today was my first day. I alternated 30 sec. runs with walking 1 min. for a mile. I've always wanted to run, so this is great!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs this week! And this morning I got into a size 10 winter jacket I didn't get to wear at all year. :D
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I decided to snack on cheese and crackers instead of eating my way through a box of donuts after spending all afternoon trying to set up an email address with Verizon. Which, after three hours on the phone, the technician found out they are not providing that service any more. :#
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    wore a dressy coat. Last time I put it on zipping it up was a challenge. It's fitted and tight around waist. Today zipped easily, with a little movement though waist!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have been having trouble on the weekends with going over my calories. Eating out, parties and days off from exercising always seem to add up to eating too much and feeling guilty.

Saturday and Sunday I got in some exercise so I would have a few extra calories and stayed under for a full week for the first time on a couple of months!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    There's a belt in my dresser that I've hung onto for years out of pure sentimentality. It's white weave, and I bought it with a pretty long skirt when I was a size 12 in 1992 (at the age of 12). Out of sheer curiosity I put it on my waist today. IT FIT!!! Oh my gosh, IT FIT!!! I think I can safely say I'm getting my hourglass figure back.
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started exercising regularly about a month ago, and joined the local Y, doing 45 minutes cardio 5-6 times a week, mostly on the treadmill. When I first starting logging my exercise on MFP, I was dismayed to discover that my brisk walking pace (2.5 mph) was considered "leisurely". I tried pushing it up to 3.0 ("moderate"), but couldn't manage more than a minute or two. Now I can do 30 minutes at 3.0 with occasional bursts of higher speed.
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Here is mine. I am now at 229 lbs (started at 258) and I'm wearing jeans that I bought (and kept because I loved them) in 2011 when I weighed 212 lbs. My body must be recompositioning differently this time, most likley because at that time I only did cardio, no weights as I remember. They are size 14 and a little loose actually. Also, I opened my box of clothes labeled "too small" lol.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Ran for 16 mins straight on the treadmill today! That's two times this week! Total distance covered was 2.5 k. That's half way to 5k! I am going to run 5k soon!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I moved up in my dumbbell weights!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    2-in-1: I walked in 51 mins today a distance that used to take me 1h10 mins in September... And THEN I jogged 1.5miles!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I wanted alcohol so bad the last 3 days and I substuted hot tea instead!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I went golfing this weekend and I out drove my husband twice! My son and brother in law gave him a hard time about it and it rattled him some. I am not going to lie....it was AWESOME!
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wear the clothes size I used to wear during my teen years
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Working out this morning, feeling confident enough to not wear my massive sweatshirt. Then having a guy LITERALLY staring/circling me while doing one-arm rows (he was good looking but it was a tad unnerving), then having 2 other guys get benches next to me...in an empty gym and far from the weight rack. And they were looking too. I glanced in the mirror and almost didn't recognize myself...I was looking good AND feeling good. I almost sauntered out.

I'm feeling good about myself...which hasn't happened in so long. ☺

Oh and my workout pants are huge...even after taking them in.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Saw it on here a few times already, but my engagement ring is about ready to slip off!! I need to take it in to be sized before I lose it.

Oh and I bought a size 6 Calvin Klein dress! 4 weeks of weight lifting, from an 8 to a 6 and the same weight on the scale!!

Fantastic!! Which weight lifting program do you follow? :)

I haven't really been following a program. I am lifting weights after work a few days a week with a friend who is training me. We do intense full body circuit training sessions, for about an hour. Squats, bench press, legs, arms, abs, cardio, all in one. So far I am seeing results in my toning and it's only been a month!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Saw it on here a few times already, but my engagement ring is about ready to slip off!! I need to take it in to be sized before I lose it.

Oh and I bought a size 6 Calvin Klein dress! 4 weeks of weight lifting, from an 8 to a 6 and the same weight on the scale!!

Fantastic!! Which weight lifting program do you follow? :)

I haven't really been following a program. I am lifting weights after work a few days a week with a friend who is training me. We do intense full body circuit training sessions, for about an hour. Squats, bench press, legs, arms, abs, cardio, all in one. So far I am seeing results in my toning and it's only been a month!
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near goal weight, but I've had a couple people tell me that I'm "looking skinny". Whatever, all lies! Seriously, it made me feel really good. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my belt is on it's smallest notch and is kinda loose
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Did 5k in 47.5 minutes on the treadmill. Not fast by lots of people's standards, but it is my best ever! I am so excited about running 5Ks when the weather gets better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!