What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    fitby44 wrote: »
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    Started going to the gym in the past couple of weeks to help make myself better. It's a small gym, and is empty in the morning, but today I turned up at the same time as a younger guy. It honestly took 5mins of building myself up to go in and overcome the thoughts of "He'll think I'm just fat"... "What if I can't do much compared to him?"... "What if I need a break? Then I'll just look even more unhealthy!".

In the end, I'm quite glad I went in. We said hello and then just got on with our own thing. Not so terrifying after all. I still compared myself at times but feeling like I somehow had to prove myself today made me work even harder than I would have had I been in there alone. I left there looking like a sweaty beetroot.

I love this. Getting over our fears is one of the best things we can do for ourselves which reminds me of my recent NSV.

I love cycling but hate pain and have always been afraid of wiping out. I've fallen off my bike twice before, but didn't get too hurt. A week ago I wiped out pretty bad. Luckily I had a helmet on, but I landed on my shoulder hard and scraped myself up pretty badly. It hurt a lot the first couple of days.

But I didn't let it stop me from riding a few days later. I got back on the bike. I always wondered if I could go back to it after a bad fall and I did. Pretty proud of myself for that. Not as wimpy as I thought.

Great effort! Certainly not "wimpy" and I hope you're healing well. ❤
  • pcpharr
    pcpharr Posts: 37 Member
    One of my husband's employees saw me yesterday and was all "Damn girl...you've lost a ton of weight!" I told my husband to give them a raise :smiley:
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    According to my measurements, I'm a size 6 now. I have been looking at the size charts for stores online, and I can't believe it. I haven't tried on any clothes though... I'm almost scared to! :o

Don't be scared. Enjoy the shopping trip and get yourself something nice. You've made good progress so reward yourself. You've definitely earned it
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Been working at our Church all week doing Vacation Bible School, have a lot of HS and college kids helping. When I was putting one of the sets together one of the young ladies said "What is that? Is that a muscle?" I was pushing down on a board and she was pointing at my tricep. lol, yup that's a muscle :smiley:
  • I have worked out everyday this week!! I have been doing my workouts around 11AM but, today I had a meeting in the morning and got up at 6AM to workout so I could get my workout and shower in before the meeting. The part that makes me the proudest is that I didn't sleep well the night before and was telling myself about 4AM that when the alarm went off in two hours I would probably just reset it depending on how my sleep went. Well, I did manage to get a little sleep in that time. When the alarm went off I hit snooze and fought internally with myself for about 2 minutes and then turned off the alarm a land hopped to it!! :smiley:
  • I have worked out everyday this week!! I have been doing my workouts around 11AM but, today I had a meeting in the morning and got up at 6AM to workout so I could get my workout and shower in before the meeting. The part that makes me the proudest is that I didn't sleep well the night before and was telling myself about 4AM that when the alarm went off in two hours I would probably just reset it depending on how my sleep went. Well, I did manage to get a little sleep in that time. When the alarm went off I hit snooze and fought internally with myself for about 2 minutes and then turned off the alarm a land hopped to it!! :smiley:

*turned off the alarm and hopped to it*
  • bumbleyboomz
    bumbleyboomz Posts: 8 Member
    Had to get new black pants for work. Got a size 10 stretchy pant/jegging that were a little tight so I could hold on to them longer. They are replacing size 15 jeggings that are baggy, saggy, and overworn (pretty sure that the butt fabric is dangerously thin and close to ripping I hate shopping for work!) The new pants look great!

Also, while trying to funderstand pants I was happy with I stopped into Hot Topic to look at their Harry Potter stuff. I found a cardigan I loved, and fit a medium nicely! I didn't buy it, but I honestly can't remember when I could last fit in a medium from such a teeny bopper store! It was so cute... need to get it when I have some fun money.

Basically, on nsv cloud 9 right now.

• orchidbutterflies
    orchidbutterflies Posts: 59 Member

Also, while trying to funderstand pants I was happy with I stopped into Hot Topic to look at their Harry Potter stuff. I found a cardigan I loved, and fit a medium nicely! I didn't buy it, but I honestly can't remember when I could last fit in a medium from such a teeny bopper store! It was so cute... need to get it when I have some fun money.

Basically, on nsv cloud 9 right now.

Congrats on the NSV!
    That's funny because one of my weight loss motivators is that I want to be able to buy some cool HP clothing to wear! xD

Fitting for today, since it's the 31st :smile:

• becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Running in just a sports bra- even though I have 55 pounds to go until goal. It was just too hot and humid out so I said screw it, and ripped off my tank top for all of the neighborhood to see my belly jiggle. A while back I never would have considered it.
  • anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    2 months into the journey and down 30lbs I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was normal!
  • 13BANE13
    13BANE13 Posts: 65 Member
    Turned into Bane started as Jabba the Hutt
  • 13BANE13
    13BANE13 Posts: 65 Member
    11frukm1o8h7.jpg
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    11frukm1o8h7.jpg

Omfg.... I may have just drooled all over my poor phone!
    You look smokin!
  • Sydmayn
    Sydmayn Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2015
    My butt is definitely rounder thanks to the weighted squats I've been doing. I've also gone to down to size 12 AUS (size 8 US) for the first time in my adult life with my starting size as size 16/18 (12/14 US) back in Feb. I feel so good I keep finding myself wanting to walk around in underwear all day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I've eaten breakfast without multitasking for the past three days.
  • quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2015
    i'm not even at my goal weight and people have started calling me hot. that's so weird to me. i already deal with really crappy self esteem, so hearing that is... refreshing? i don't know. i mean, they could be humoring me, but at the same time, that was NEVER a regular thing when i was 265 lbs. i've been overweight for almost eleven years, obese for eight. now that i've lost 80 lbs. and can fit into nice clothing i like, i feel a little better about it, even if uneasy/unsure.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    A pair of bike shorts are getting too loose and so are a pair of tri shorts!
  • WendelinTheWeird
    WendelinTheWeird Posts: 25 Member
    As the weather started getting warmer, and I started wearing skirts more often, I had a lot of issues with my thighs rubbing together. By the end of the day, they'd be red and painful. So I bought a couple of 'thigh slimmers' to prevent it. Worked great, so I've been comfortably wearing skirts all summer. Yesterday, they were both in the wash, but my daughter wanted me to wear a skirt so we would match. I wore a skirt with no 'slimmer' all day - even though a one mile walk - and it just clicked this morning that my thighs don't hurt! Woo hoo!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    The lady butcher I haven't seen I a while told me I looked "svelte" today and whatever I was doing to let her know......51lb down and from a UK 20 to a UK 14 in 7 months....still a bit to go but well chuffed.
  • Was away for a week and only up 2 pounds - happily back home prepping healthy food today. Hummus, veggie sticks, and salad in the fridge, beets and boiled eggs on the stove. I'll go for a run today too, as it was far too hot in Nevada to run outdoors for this Canadian.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!