What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• amudd645
    amudd645 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was able to put on a pair of work pants that haven't fit in two years comfortably!

Also I managed to run my week 4 day 1 on C25k. It's crazy that before I started this walking wore me out and today I ran intervals of 3,5,3,5.

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I finally finished reading this thread!!!
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My code worked on the first try (software engineer here and gosh this is so rare that it IS an NSV for me)... but in all seriousness... I have decided to sign up for a half marathon in October, which is pretty crazy seeing as 3 months ago I weighed 30 more pounds and would only run if something was chasing me.
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I put on an old sports bra and didn't feel the extra back flab poking out :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Can't even begin to say how much I love this thread!

Mine for this week:
    - Started with a new gym and trainer. I told him I wanted to be strong and to be able to do a pull-up. It's nice to have a specific plan to get there.
    - I bought size 8 shorts! Single digit! Never in my life!
    - Went to a step class at the new gym and was concerned I wouldn't be able to keep up or do many of the steps. Not only did I keep up, but I outlasted all but two much younger, much thinner girls. And at one point, they were trying to keep up with me!
    - Walked up 3 flights of stairs while on the phone with my mother. She didn't have to ask me why it sounded like I was dying because I wasn't dying :)
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had kept some clothes from around 20-25 years ago. Couple weeks ago I tried them on and they were too big!!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy today. I was bummed out because I was sick in the morning so I messed up my plans. But I felt better later on, and ended up going for a 40min walk at a pretty decent pace without getting knee pain! I also did 35 moderated push ups, and a 45 second plank! As opposed to the 10 and 35sec I usually do, so I'm excited that my strength/ability has increased that much. I was sitting around this morning, and felt my arm and under the fat it felt stronger? idk, I'm just excited. :smiley:
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Managed to get silly putty out of my jogging bottoms. Not a small feat, I assure you.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I bumped into my ex-boyfriend this morning and he complimented my weight loss. Thanks bud, maybe if you'd stuck around, the thinner me would be on your arm and not someone elses :wink:
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Forgot to bring shorts to work so I could change before my boys swim lessons. Heat index here was 110 so I ran in target to get a pair. There was not a single pair of shorts on clearance that were my size. Got the next size down thinking they would be too tight right now but I had a flowy top on so I could manage. Can wear them comfortably!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I had kept some clothes from around 20-25 years ago. Couple weeks ago I tried them on and they were too big!!

Amazing! #congrats :#
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did c25k week 7 day 1, where it wanted me to run for 25 minutes. Well, I run very slowly but I desperately wanted to make it to two miles on this run so I ran PAST the allotted time just to hit the two mile mark. It may have taken me 27 minutes but I've never run two miles straight in my LIFE! Hell, six months ago, half a mile was a challenge!!
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I could fit my butt down the slide in a childrens play area :)
    I still have a long way to go but this first 20lb gone means i can play easier with my kids!
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Starting to see the shape of my whole knee cap as the fat continues to hang off of it more and more.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Actually have a few at the moment:

- Realised I have just hit the 18 month mark of consistently working out
    - Being told by the doctor that due to the muscle mass around my knee I prevented the injury I picked up on the weekend being a much more serious one and that I should heal up fully within 2 weeks instead of the normal 6
    - That, even though I picked up the knee injury I took part in a kick boxing grading that lasted 4 hours, consisting of 1 hr basics, some partnerwork, speed work on a kick shield, 20, 2 minute rounds, some bag work and finally finishing with a shattering 500 press up, 500 sit up and 500 squat circuit and I survived and actually enjoyed it, something I would never have been able to do those 18 months ago.
  • ats4908
    ats4908 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I taught a 50 minute spinning class and didn't feel like I was dying. I actually played pick up bball for 20 minutes right after spinning.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm progressing at pace with SL 5x5 and bought my first used weight bench yesterday with a squat attachment so I can continue to add weights to my squats. 80lbs tomorrow!

My scale has been broken for the past week and I haven't freaked out (I weigh 2x daily.)

New scale arrives tomorrow-cant wait!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    I'm progressing at pace with SL 5x5 and bought my first used weight bench yesterday with a squat attachment so I can continue to add weights to my squats. 80lbs tomorrow!

My scale has been broken for the past week and I haven't freaked out (I weigh 2x daily.)

My scale got ruined on Sunday and I'm waiting for mine to be delivered too. I weigh myself entirely way too much so I feel you there. Trying not to freak out.

So last night I went to the gym for the first time in a good minute. My run wasn't great because I was dehydrated and I felt crampy but I made sure to get in at least 3 miles. After abs I do some yoga to stretch out. I transitioned from downward dog to upward dog and it was the first time I held upward dog with my legs not touching the ground at all for over 10 seconds. Felt amazing.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My smart work trousers are dragging on the floor because they sit lower on my hips, and I just threw away a chocolate bar after one bite because I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

That's awesome!! I'm an emotional eater and a binge eater. Every once in a while I buy some really unhealthy crap and start eating it and don't really like it, but I still eat it anyways. Then I feel worse after I've pigged out.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Kirstie155 wrote: »

My scale got ruined on Sunday and I'm waiting for mine to be delivered too. I weigh myself entirely way too much so I feel you there. Trying not to freak out.

Apparently Taylor is sending me a replacement scale of my choice at no cost...I've had this scale for about 3 years, no idea where the receipt was. The replacement I bought arrives tomorrow, so looks like I'll have 2 :p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!