What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• amyrbeek
    amyrbeek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did a double take looking at myself, I could see light between my hair and my neck. Amazingly enough, I now have a neck!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I got a couple...
    Just realized that I FINALLY dropped from Obese III to Obese II. Started at a BMI of 45.2 and now I'm down to 37.5. Can't wait to get down further.

I had a set weigh in goal for yesterday... I had found paperwork from a doctors visit I had when I was 16 showing my weight and I really wanted to be at the same weight or lower 10 years later. I missed the mark by 7 lbs but I'm SO happy I was even that close. I have no idea what I'm going to look like smaller than that since the only pics of me at a smaller weight, I was also much shorter.

Finally, I was roped in to being captain of another work workout/wellness challenge that's focused around being healthy around the holidays. Just had corporate reach out to me saying they want to profile our team to share across North America :D!!
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I went to ride my horse and my half chaps (think like the calf portion of knee high boots - they keep your leg from slipping) zipped right up! I usually have to struggle with lots of pulling and pinching and zipping an inch at a time! B)
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I normally eat something small before I go to my ballet class. Yesterday I forgot to grab something and was starving all throughout class. By the time I got home, 3 hours later, I was absolutely famished. My boyfriend had some leftover fries from his dinner and offered them to me. 3-4 fries in, I stopped. I realized that they just didn't taste good. They were cold and soggy and just weren't worth the calories, so I got up and made myself something much tastier and healthier. It's a great feeling to be more aware and conscious of what I'm putting in my body.

^ I love this, that is my "go to" now! (this just doesn't taste good enough to waste my calories on it)
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    I went to ride my horse and my half chaps (think like the calf portion of knee high boots - they keep your leg from slipping) zipped right up! I usually have to struggle with lots of pulling and pinching and zipping an inch at a time! B)

My NSV today is very similar! Today I tried on my knee-high boots, and they zipped up and fit great! They have not fit in a couple years. As I've lost weight, I have periodically tried them on. At first they didn't zip up, then they zipped but with lots of that pulling and inching along, and a very noticeable calf "muffin top" over the boot. But not today! Woo!

x5omtfalo6ri.jpeg

• Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I put my phone on my lap yesterday and it promptly fell to the ground! ! I have a proper gap between my thighs!!! My little girl thought this was hilarious and spent next ten minutes dropping my phone though said gap and laughing! :D
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate in that I am able to take my dog to work everyday which gives me the opportunity for a daily walk with him. Today, I man who works in my building stopped me and asked if I had lost something. I gave him a bewildered look and he said that I am "looking very trim". He told me he saw me walking the other day and didn't recognize me, but he recognized my dog. SCORE!!

Also, twice in the last 2 weeks friends have commented that I don't need to lose any more weight. I have been overweight for at least 20 years and these friends have never seen me at a "normal" weight and I can't remember being this "trim".

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Today, I man who works in my building stopped me and asked if I had lost somthing

Ha! You got me! I thought you were going to say you lost your dog! But you lost weight! Very clever of the fellow!

• Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Been there! Doing the point the toe and the. Flex the heel to get those chaps on! Congrats! Just make sure you get another set when they get way too big otherwise you might end up chaffing
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Wearing my first ever pair of skinny jeans (even says it on the label) that I got from my mom's closet when I was visiting. The only slight struggle was with my calves and well, I'm short, so they are bunched up a little around the ankle because pants tend to be too long on me. But no issues anywhere else, even with the smaller size than I expected to be in at my current weight.
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you guys. I've been stuck at a stall in my weight for around 2 months. This morning I broke through it, so feeling good, I went to old navy while I was out today to try on some size 10 jeans. Getting into a 10 is my Christmas goal. Since my 12s are comfy now, I just wanted to see how far I had left to go. Well guess what! I got those bad boys on my butt, zipped and buttoned. Still a smidge too tight to wear comfortably since I'm still squishy in my hips, but I'm so close! Also, my body fat % is officially "average" at 28%, and I also tried on some pajama bottoms that fit in a medium. Medium, me??
  • emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went grocery shopping today, and I've been feeling sort of emotional-eating prone and snacky as of late, but as I was reaching for the classic junk food, I remembered how I felt last time I ate too much junk food, and decided not to buy it. Yay! It felt like an easy decision for the first time in a long time. :) then I decided to go for a run in spite of the wind storm going on outside (it was rough to run uphill against the wind). Yay!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    I've had a rough couple of days but I got myself to the gym anyway and did my workout even while I was trying to find an excuse not to go. I'm exhausted and proud. Great feeling.

• SamKorosi
    SamKorosi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can run up the stairs without breathing heavy haha. Baby steps :P
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    For me one of the latest is having noticed a huge step in my cardio fitness levels. On the elliptical it now takes a lot more work to get my heart rate up. My heart rate is also much slower on the initial warm up rise, and recovers much more quickly when I adjust the work load down.

Today I did over a 10k distance on the elliptical and only even really broke a sweat towards the end when pushing upwards of 18-20 calories a minute work load. I can now go probably twice the distance at a steady state before my heart rate even gets up in the high 120s range.
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    jessasweightlossjourney Posts: 363 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Barb5051 wrote: »
    Reaching "Onederland" :)

I know the feeling!

Congrats! I started at 252lbs so finally making it below 200 is a big NSV for me! Or maybe I should say scale victory haha. It's a great feeling :)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    My husband asked to have what I was having for dinner last night, BECAUSE IT LOOKED HEALTHY!

HE NEVER SAID THAT BEFORE!

Setting a good example is starting to pay off!

• curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    down on bmi from 42 to 32...can't wait to be below 30
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Cheriels82 wrote: »
    Been there! Doing the point the toe and the. Flex the heel to get those chaps on! Congrats! Just make sure you get another set when they get way too big otherwise you might end up chaffing

I really love your optimism that I'm going to get to where they get totally too big :smile: Makes me happy to think about that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!