What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AnnPT77 wrote: »
    brant710 wrote: »

Obligatory new NSV, at least I thought it was an NSV: Went to the local sporting goods store to buy a new slightly heavier pair of dumbbells. Carried them up from the back of the store to checkout, and found a short line. I was kinda standing there with one in each hand, not fidgeting or anything like that. Twenty-something guy in line in front of me kept turning around and glancing at me repeatedly, like he'd never seen a little 60-year-old grey-haired woman in line at the checkout with two 30-pound dumbbells. I don't know whether he was wondering if he should offer help, or what - he just looked vaguely nervous, never said a word. Too funny!

I love this!

And my NSV for the day: I baked Christmas cookies with my sister today. I only ate one and a half cookies all day!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Completed my second 10 km fun run, 61 minutes 31 seconds, hoping to break the hour soon...ish.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    I successfully resisted a huge craving to eat a whole box of m&m's (2.5 servings; my fave candy). A few weeks ago, I probably would have given in.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    OliverMol wrote: »
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

How does that work. Is it just without hip\wais nd weight meadurement?
    Does that mean thet It cn just be a feeling? Or donyou have to post pics?

Read the thread and you will get the idea. These are such great - and inspiring - stories.
  • OliverMol wrote: »
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

How does that work. Is it just without hip\wais nd weight meadurement?
    Does that mean thet It cn just be a feeling? Or donyou have to post pics?
    Reading through the posts is a great way to figure this out. ;)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    1,000lbs x8 on the leg press (11 plates and a 5 per side)
  • misschiggie123
    misschiggie123 Posts: 5 Member
    I finally fit back intk a UK size 10 ( jeans) after 5 years . I have been struggling with my weight all this time and today I cudnt believe it. I was so overwhelmed. I cried in the changing room.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I was able to go into old navy and buy jeans. I've previously had to always go somewhere where they had a big and tall section. Went from a size 48 waist down to a size 42 so far.. and looking to go down more.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I fit into my favorite pencil skirt! I just tried it on as a whim and ended up wearing it out to eat!
    I haven't been able to wear it in 7 years. Yay me!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    2 bags of clothes for charity and still some shelves to go!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Just reviewed my "achievements" for the week and realised that so far I have said No to 5 offers of cake, 2 party buffets, and 5 chances to eat out.

Strengthening that resistance muscle for sure!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    I finally fit back intk a UK size 10 ( jeans) after 5 years . I have been struggling with my weight all this time and today I cudnt believe it. I was so overwhelmed. I cried in the changing room.

That must have been amazing! Well done you. Hope I can mimic that one day.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Hmmm I was pretty stoked to get the 60lb dumbbells for 10 reps on flat bench.

Beast Mode!!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    I had a guy come up to me at the gym and ask me to be his trainer. I told him i'm not a certified trainer i just crush a lot..lol

• cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    I actually wore a dress to a company function and was not super uncomfortable in it. It has been 11 years since I wore a dress. Still a LONG ways to go to be comfortable in pictures, but a big NSV for me.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    irenehb wrote: »
    Completed my second 10 km fun run, 61 minutes 31 seconds, hoping to break the hour soon...ish.

Awesome job! Someday maybe I'll be able to do this too!!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    According to my running watch, I broke two new records yesterday! Fastest 10K and farthest run! I'm training for a half marathon in March, so now every long run will beat the farthest run record. I cannot believe that just over a year ago, when I started the C25K, that I couldn't run 60 seconds and yesterday I ran for an hour and 15 minutes!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Being able to zip up my tall boots without the fat getting stuck in the zipper.
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    Buying size M underpants compared to my usual XL
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Falling off the wagon, feeling my size 14s get tight, saying "screw this", getting back on the wagon and having them fit comfortably 4 days later. Niiiice. Maybe I'll out shrink them after all ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!