What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I did my Christmas decorating and when I stood on a chair to hang some things the furniture no longer creaks
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    I had surgery last week. When I went in for my follow up, the doctor could not believe how fast I had recovered in only one week. He indicated I am a far ahead of the average. He indicated it was due to me being in shape prior to my surgery. PLAY BALL !!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    I have a few from the past few days.

I grabbed a skirt from my closet and when I got to work, I realized that it was too big and thought it was my old side 18 skirt. Nope it was the previously too tight 14!

The scale has barely shifted in the past few months, but I've been losing inches, so I've been setting a lot of non-scale goals for myself. Around Halloween, I decided to set a goal to be in a size 14 jeans by Christmas. Yesterday, I tried on the jeans and they fit like a glove! Two weeks early!

I pulled out a Christmas t-shirt that I bought last year and it fit perfectly. I was a little upset by this at first and felt as if I made no progress whatsoever. I mean I wore the shirt last year when I was at my all time heaviest weight. Then I realized that although I am still able to wear the same clothes now, there is a point where they don't look good at all. This shirt probably looked horribly small on me when I was 34 lbs and 40 inches bigger. A lot of my pants don't look good now because they are multiple sizes too big. This was huge for me as I've really been letting the scale get the best of me lately.
  • jrc5423
    jrc5423 Posts: 19 Member
    My super fit friend that runs a lot lost a lot of weight about a year ago going from a size 6/8 to about a 0/2. She gave me some of her old clothes and I thought "eh maybe in two months I'll be able to squeeze myself into this." I tried the clothes on a whim, literally everything fit. I can't believe I'm in a size 8, single digits, after being a size 14 most of my adult life. I haven't been this small since I was a cheerleader in high school.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    According to my running watch, I broke two new records yesterday! Fastest 10K and farthest run! I'm training for a half marathon in March, so now every long run will beat the farthest run record. I cannot believe that just over a year ago, when I started the C25K, that I couldn't run 60 seconds and yesterday I ran for an hour and 15 minutes!

It really is incredible how quickly you can build up strength and endurance with just a little dedication. Congratulations on your success!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Purchased some trousers in October hoping that they would fit but I was way too big for them. Found them today (they'd been consigned to a box under the bed) tried them on and they are now too big. Bit annoyed that I didn't get to wear them but also delighted that they are too big. I may try taking them back to the shop to see if they will exchange them for a smaller size :smile: 'Tis usually the other way round - taking clothes back for a bigger size.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    110lb dummbells x3 on bench! PR! :)
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    9 grams of sugar total for the WHOLE day!!!! whoop whoop!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    The belt I'm wearing at the moment has 7 holes. I'm on hole 6. When I got this belt I started on number 2. Hole 3 super tight.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Facelift my office.Away from working out due to time issues getting projects done .*Gym was missing for a short period. My 28 year old son in law says you got to get back so we went together. I not only kept up with a younger man .I NEVER lost a second on run miles time.Plus all the work at project went smoothly being in shape!!! Plus Plus yes!!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Fitting into size 16's when last year I was a 22 and never thought I would be any smaller than that.

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Today at the gym I hit the treadmill for 25 minutes. Got off, headed for the changeroom, took out my earbuds. Turned around, and a lady had followed me in. I'd seen her before; I believe she's a regular. She says to me: "I don't know if this is creepy or not, but you look fantastic. Keep up the hard work."

Still smiling.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Today at the gym I hit the treadmill for 25 minutes. Got off, headed for the changeroom, took out my earbuds. Turned around, and a lady had followed me in. I'd seen her before; I believe she's a regular. She says to me: "I don't know if this is creepy or not, but you look fantastic. Keep up the hard work."

Still smiling.

When strangers are telling you that you look fantastic, you must be doing something right! Congratulations!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    My husband cooked me a hamburger this afternoon and he weighed it first. This is the first time since I started losing weight in February that he's cooked for me. He used to cook for me all the time (yes, he contributed to my weight gain) but once I started calorie-counting, I refused to eat anything he cooked because he practically deep-fries everything. I'll be so happy to start eating his food again, if he's willing to weigh it first and only use cooking spray instead of oil. I'm glad he's starting to come around :smile: .
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    How great that he's on board and supportive!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    kellellie wrote: »
    not crying in the changing room that the stupid sizes at Target have just GOT to be wrong.

Congrats on the impressive losses! However, I think Target has some of the most awful sizing and quality control anywhere. I honestly cannot tell the difference there between a 14, 16 and 18. You can lay the clothes on top of each other and they all look the same. And they have, by far, the skinniest legs and arms of any discount retailer around.

Also, skinny jeans are a terrible fad.
  • heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm 30 years old... and I still have a pair of jeans from high school. I weighed 214 lbs after having my son and have lost 35 lbs and those jeans fit me again!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    heart3313 wrote: »
    I'm 30 years old... and I still have a pair of jeans from high school. I weighed 214 lbs after having my son and have lost 35 lbs and those jeans fit me again!

Congratulations! I just had this when I fit into my prom/debs dress again. Wahoo
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Did some yoga tonight for the first time in probably 2-3 months. And by yoga I mean actual yoga, not just stretching (which I sometimes try to convince myself is yoga). Anyway, It was.... bizarre. I could actually touch the floor, whereas before my hamstrings were too tight for that nonsense. My boobs weren't getting all up in the way. I could stay in a plank all day long, and shift forward and back, then back into downward dog without any strain on my lower back (numerous injuries, always my bad spot) It's sort of fascinating seeing how much easier it all is now, as opposed to when I started almost 7 months ago.
    Also played around with my new kettle bell, and I could do actual LOW squats with a 20lb kettle bell. What the heck, who am I?? :)
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    I totally smashed it at boxing! I feel awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!