What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for some new dress pants and shirts for work. I am now officially out of the size 40's waist size! Haven't been this small since my university days. I'm loving life right now.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Right after posting that last NSV-I decided to create another!
    I went for a walk on my lunch break and added another 3,000 steps to my fitbit (which has been falling short for about 2 months!) I'm gonna hit my goal for the day...I'll make sure of it :)
    I also did 20 body weight squats in the bathroom! Not bad for when I usually just eat and browse the net!
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that through Halloween and Thanksgiving, I have not gained any party/cookie/treat weight!
  • melsetsy
    melsetsy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I REALLY wanted a nap when I got home this afternoon!!! But, I worked out instead!!! I stood in my home gym for a while trying to get the motivation and it worked. I still want to take that nap (but I'm not going to now or I won't sleep tonight) and if I did at least I could without the guilt of a skipped workout!!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    End of term, and the staff room is full of food. I am saying "no" to almost all of it, and logging the bits which warrant the calories and to which I say "yes". The home made, brandy fed Christmas cake I knew in advance would be a "yes" (she makes it every year and it's the only Christmas cake I eat) so I planned for it.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have a lap for my laptop!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In my ballet class, I was struggling to get the arm motion right. I needed to focus on moving with my whole arm over just using my upper arm to move and I was struggling to see the space between my ulna and radius move. I thought this was because my arms are still chubby. My teacher came over to help me and she struggled to find the space too. When she found it, she said it's a struggle because "I'm just too darn flexible!" Me! Flexible! It's crazy to think that I used to struggle just to get off of the couch or put on shoes.

I'm also one of the heaviest people in my class. When we had to do 16 counts of plie jumps, followed by lots of different combinations that involved jumping and essentially scurrying across the studio, I was immediately ready to go again. I looked around and saw many skinny people in class huffing and puffing trying to catch their breath. It made me realize that I am doing good for myself.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few!

Being able to wear my wedding ring. I haven't worn it since shortly after I got married 3 years ago because I kept gaining weight. I could only wear my engagement ring, on which the band is much thinner. And even then, I couldn't get it off without soap and water. Now, down over 30 lbs and I can wear both and take them off and put them on with no problems. I think I'm happiest about this!

As someone else in this thread mentioned, I have learned that I can say NO. I have said no to every single sweet, treat, drink, etc, since I started this on Sept 1st, except for pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and a slice of (diabetic) cake for my mom's birthday, and both fit into my calorie goals. I can't even tell you how many work treats I have turned down - at least 3 per week!

I have bought a shirt that did not come from a plus size store!!!! I have a shirt and a hoodie now that are XL in regular size. And, I can look at my reflection in the mirror without sheer revulsion and disgust. I'm not yet to the point of loving what I see, but I'll get there.

I have changed my mindset from "all or nothing" to "love yourself no matter what and treat yourself as you would a dear friend". I can't even express how much of a difference this has made for me. Without this change in mindset i don't think I would be successful.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I had ONE apple martini last night (within my calories). o:) It was wonderful.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    NSV: I finished Week 1 of Strong lifts 5x5 and I want more! :p
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    NSV: I finished Week 1 of Strong lifts 5x5 and I want more! :p

Go girl!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    In my ballet class, I was struggling to get the arm motion right. I needed to focus on moving with my whole arm over just using my upper arm to move and I was struggling to see the space between my ulna and radius move. I thought this was because my arms are still chubby. My teacher came over to help me and she struggled to find the space too. When she found it, she said it's a struggle because "I'm just too darn flexible!" Me! Flexible! It's crazy to think that I used to struggle just to get off of the couch or put on shoes.

I'm also one of the heaviest people in my class. When we had to do 16 counts of plie jumps, followed by lots of different combinations that involved jumping and essentially scurrying across the studio, I was immediately ready to go again. I looked around and saw many skinny people in class huffing and puffing trying to catch their breath. It made me realize that I am doing good for myself.

Way to go girl! Fitness is the best kind of NSV!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    In the single digit pant size again! Yay!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    7f74gpxe0xwn.jpg

I made this. With no licking the icing. No nibbling on the wagon wheels. No eating of the flakes I broke up and sprinkled over it.

So happy! Normally I would have eaten as much as I decorated. I have heaps of wagon wheels left over and I really hope I can stay away from them til I serve them up tomorrow at the birthday party
  • X_Sooner
    X_Sooner Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Overheard my 14 year old son on the phone, "My Dad's lost 35 lbs and had to buy new suits, pants and jeans."
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    7f74gpxe0xwn.jpg

I made this. With no licking the icing. No nibbling on the wagon wheels. No eating of the flakes I broke up and sprinkled over it.

So happy! Normally I would have eaten as much as I decorated. I have heaps of wagon wheels left over and I really hope I can stay away from them til I serve them up tomorrow at the birthday party

I'm not just saying this because I am a major Monster Truck fan...but, that cake is flippin' awesome!!!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    7f74gpxe0xwn.jpg

Inspiring . . . . on so many levels . . . . a FAB cake
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

But, that's impossible! lol. You are my hero of the day.
  • astronomydomine
    astronomydomine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm able to do cardio at home in my underwear again... my thighs were rubbing together on the elliptical before so pants were compulsory. Now they're optional. Ah, sweet freedom!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    NSVs today -

-I reached my mini goal of losing my first 7lb for the Christmas party (lost 9lb)
    - I'm down into the next stone bracket! Yeyyy!
    - I went for a long morning walk, despite the rain.
    - That walk has also "paid" for the extra calories I'll have at the Christmas party!

You know for all the planning and emotional effort that this takes, it sure does feel worth it when you're winning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!