What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I can move around the classroom without constantly asking students to scoot their chairs in.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been frustrated by my lack of success both on the scale and in the gym lately. I probably just need to focus more. But yesterday I noticed that my watch kept slipping around so I had to tighten it up a notch. Something is working!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    My jeans size at my highest weight was 40 inches.Now it's down to 38in. I have a goal jeans which are 36 in, and I can now pull it up to my hips!!! When I first bought them they barely made it past my knees!
    Also ,my wedding ring which was too tight to go up my ring finger, is so loose now! I am wearing it on my middle finger!

You can have the ring resized but wait until you are in maintenance for awhile- Most places will only resize the ring one time. Fix it more than once and it starts getting weak.

Thanks for the tip! My next thickest finger is my right middle one. Once it gets loose there, I will take it off and wait till I hit my goal!

I bought a cheap, thin silver ring in a smaller size. I put on my wedding ring, then the cheap ring on the outside which keeps my wedding ring from falling off.

I bought a "front"ring too, though I made it matching in rose gold. Saw it at the same time as my nice little reward for loosing as much as I have. Once my weeding ring is resized I still have a nice ring to wear on another finger :-)
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Tried on several once too small/tight dresses and crop tops which finally fit. Also, finding my 'wedding dress' (courthouse, military wedding) which I was busting out of a few years ago on my wedding day and fast forward 3 years I'm down a few dress sizes and a husband and couldn't feel any happier!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I bought a skirt and matching tee shirt back in August (at a thrift store for $5!) to wear this winter with a pair of boots. A month ago, they were still too tight to really look right. I was thinking I might have to wait til next winter to wear them.

I tried it on again this morning because I needed something a little dressy to wear to work and they fit perfectly EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T LOST MUCH WEIGHT IN THE PAST MONTH!

I have been focusing on lifting weights and an Ab Challenge it seems to be carving inches off me!
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    Today I ran 12 km in an hour ( which is a personal accomplishment for me) :)
  • ryansmama04
    ryansmama04 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My underwear are fitting looser!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Work out 6 days a week,. This week bought a fitness tracker. Wearing 5 days crushed the challenge!!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Got a new scale last night and had to finally accept that my old one weighed me 10lbs lighter than reality. So I've still lost weight, but at the same time jumped up 10lbs. >< On the plus side, my pants are getting looser every day now!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Three of my friends have been inspired to get Fitbits - and my mom asked for one for Christmas.

• pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The lady at the Post Office commented that I had lost weight. I'm at that stage where it's just getting really noticeable to my close friends, so it felt good to have a casual acquaintance notice it!

I'm just zipping right through clothes sizes. This feels especially good because I went on maintenance for 6 weeks (due to my stressful busy season, just needed more calories to stave off exhaustion & keep my energy levels up), but my clothes are still getting looser and my body is changing.

Even when I was on maintenance, I found that I was under the maintenance calorie goal most days. Just didn't need that much food :) And it was easy to go back onto my deficit calorie goal.

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »
    One of my goals has been to get back into jeans - I haven't worn them in at least 25 years. My daughter and I went to Old Navy today and I decided to give it a try now that I've lost 67 lbs. I pulled a 16 and an 18 off the shelf and headed to the changing room, hoping that one of them would fit. I pulled on the 18 and it was WAY TOO BIG! I tried the 16 and it was close enough that I walked out of the dressing room to get daughter's approval. The employee running the changing room said, no, those are too big. You need to go back and get a 14. A 14, on me. I couldn't believe it when they fit. I am so excited. I think the Old Navy employee got a kick out of it. My 16 year old daughter wasn't sure what to think - she's never seen me in jeans. I've got a ways to go so only 1 pair for now but it's a big step forward for me.

AWESOME NSV !!!
  • NikkiShells81
    NikkiShells81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Flying and not having to ask for a seatbelt extender for the first time ever. Had more than enough belt! #winning
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Flying and not having to ask for a seatbelt extender for the first time ever. Had more than enough belt! #winning

Huzzah! That is awesome! I don't fly much, but I recall thinking that the seats on the subway were far roomier than they used to be!

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tjcuts339 wrote: »
    Work out 6 days a week,. This week bought a fitness tracker. Wearing 5 days crushed the challenge!!
    Fit bit text ed me won the Marathon Man award!!!! LOVE it crushed Goal s again!!!

• Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Went to see Star Wars - no snacks, no jelly beans, no popcorn! :smiley:
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I was able to fit into jeans that are a size 16. Haven't worn these jeans in 8 years or so. I've dropped 4 pant sizes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My new cat: Smokey. Now I can feed him snacks instead of me. :)

k64mo3q372wt.jpg
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Getting up from my desk and for the first time in a long time my belt buckle wasn't digging into my gut causing excruciating pain.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm getting fitter again, I took about 6 months doing almost nothing so I felt pretty crappy starting over again. But today I can hold my previous shoulder stand (mostly core strength required), and my palms can press into the floor from a bent over position. It great to feel my body getting back to my previous strength and endurance. 3 flights of stairs only elevated my heart rate to 100bpm and two weeks ago the 3 flights had it well into the 120's. I'm getting it back faster than I expected and I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!