What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Did 5k in 47.5 minutes on the treadmill. Not fast by lots of people's standards, but it is my best ever! I am so excited about running 5Ks when the weather gets better.

Congratulations! A personal best is always something to celebrate!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    <<<<My profile photo is my first one! And then my second one is, I did my first 9 minute mile on the elliptical yesterday with a 16 resistance. When I started this in July of 2014 it took me 17.40 to complete a mile with NO resistance!
  • crazydoglady100
    crazydoglady100 Posts: 2 Member
    I've never posted before on these boards, but I've been so excited by my progress lately I just want to get involved!

- My boss went on vacation for a week and came back and told me I looked different, had I lost more weight?
    - Saw my best friend for the first time in a month who started exclaiming over my weight loss when I hadn't told her I was losing again (I looked smaller in the shoulders and neck area especially to her).
    - Fiancée squeezed by me in our tiny shoebox apartment kitchen and then paused and commented on how much easier it was to get by me.
    - Fiancée hugged me and commented on the difference in my waist and how much easier hugging me is.
    - Got tired of wearing saggy nasty looking jeans and took a deep breath, gathered my courage, and tried on an old pair a jeans a size down from what my saggy ones and discovered I lost a whole 'nother pants size!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    c_leeee wrote: »
    <<<<My profile photo is my first one! And then my second one is, I did my first 9 minute mile on the elliptical yesterday with a 16 resistance. When I started this in July of 2014 it took me 17.40 to complete a mile with NO resistance!

! Do it to it!
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    I went down a pant size!!! What a great feeling!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Fit into a pair of dress pants that were too tight 8 months ago. Feels good.
  • Needing a new belt!
  • andreagetsfit1
    andreagetsfit1 Posts: 86 Member
    It's the end of the fiscal month at my job and it's been super busy and stressful...all I wanted was junk food from the vending machine but I resisted the urge to eat my emotions! For me, that's HUGE.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I don't know if this is a victory--but it's a milestone. I've been obsessing and addicted to logging my food intake. Today was the first day I purposely did not log my food in over 500 days. I'm hoping this break will allow me to devote a little more time and thought to my relationships and some adulting I need to take care of outside of my health and fitness world.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    I walked to the grocery store during my lunch break. It's not close, but it's not so far that walking there and back in a lunch hour is impossible. So, I'm going to try and walk every time I need to go.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    The app isn't working so I stopped at the Y and picked up printouts of the schedules
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Realizing that my trigger foods are fading. They are not gone but they are fading.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Did 5k in 47.5 minutes on the treadmill. Not fast by lots of people's standards, but it is my best ever! I am so excited about running 5Ks when the weather gets better.

that's awesome! I can't wait to run my first 5k! You are doing great!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    I've officially moved from "obese" to "overweight" in my BMI in just 4 weeks since 4th January this year. Really feeling awesome too. MFP has really helped me to stay on track this time.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    At the job I went to last night (photographing a staff party) I was offered free drinks and some of the giant Nutella cake they had for dessert, but didn't stop for either because the work was fun and I got distracted by it. Anything Nutella is like the mothership calling me home so this is *very* unusual :)
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2016
    I was getting a little disheartened and grumpy with the scale last week, so I decided to try on some of my pre-baby pants and skirts... They all fit! My little guy just turned one and my wardrobe has all kinds of new possibilities!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I had a pretty awful evening last night complete with cleaning up a poo blowout by my dog in her crate and all over the surrounding walls. Not what I had planned for the night. Instead of turning to food to drown my sorrows, or even just sitting around and pouting after cleaning it up, I decided to do a HARDER than normal workout to get my frustrations out! This is not how I normally deal with stress, so huge mental shift for me :)
    I also chose to skip dinner (cause my house smelled of poo, who really wants to eat?) and by the time I was hungry again it was too late. No eating right before bed!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    I had a pretty awful evening last night complete with cleaning up a poo blowout by my dog in her crate and all over the surrounding walls. Not what I had planned for the night. Instead of turning to food to drown my sorrows, or even just sitting around and pouting after cleaning it up, I decided to do a HARDER than normal workout to get my frustrations out! This is not how I normally deal with stress, so huge mental shift for me :)
    I also chose to skip dinner (cause my house smelled of poo, who really wants to eat?) and by the time I was hungry again it was too late. No eating right before bed!

Oh, man. What a day! You turned it around tho!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!