What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling my muscles again! Hard work is paying off!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I ran 10.4k this morning!
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Several months ago I packed away a couple bags full of clothes that were too small, to save for when I lost weight. Decided to pull them out today to see how much fit. I probably kept out around 15-20 things! The most exciting thing though was a pair of gap jean shorts I bought last year on sale, and had never even taken the tags off cause they ended up being too small. Put them on and they fit perfect! Such great motivation, and confirmed that my body is changing even though the scale is moving at a snails pace. Yay!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My belt went in from 2 notches to 4....my boots are loose at the ankle....
  • itsforme1106
    itsforme1106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    NH_Norma wrote: »
    Jogged 1/4 mile on a whim tonight when I was walking the dog. I have never been a runner and haven't even tried in several months (probably a year). She had energy to burn, I had stress to burn, and we just started jogging. Now I want to restart couch to 5k! I have asthma and didn't use my inhaler. 1/4 mile sounds silly but to me it represents so much!

Congrats on the wonderful accomplishment!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    a friend died and someone suggested I walk off my loneliness and sorrow. I did, good idea
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Did 40 minutes at 4mph on the treadmill today.
    I have been doing a walk/jog thing to build up my time and today at the end of the first jogging session I was feeling pretty good so I just kept going. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow morning :) but right now I feel great.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've had to remove 1 to 2 links on several watches because my wrists are smaller
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    NealNH wrote: »
    Did 40 minutes at 4mph on the treadmill today.
    I have been doing a walk/jog thing to build up my time and today at the end of the first jogging session I was feeling pretty good so I just kept going. Not sure how I will feel tomorrow morning :) but right now I feel great.
    WTG!!
    What part of NH are you in? I'm near Lebanon

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    a friend died and someone suggested I walk off my loneliness and sorrow. I did, good idea
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is so hard.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I bought my first item of a smaller garment today! You'll never see them, but it matters to me.
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    8xboawapfv1u.jpg
    getting my wedding rings back on :) , and having great weather so I can get out and walk my weenies.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    canookie wrote: »
    getting my wedding rings back on :) , and having great weather so I can get out and walk my weenies.

How adorable!!!
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    canookie wrote: »

How adorable!!!

thanks! :-) they are a little over a year old now. I tripped over them walking them in a park last fall and broke my left foot!!!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've had to remove 1 to 2 links on several watches because my wrists are smaller

Yeah, I've taken links out of my solitary nice watch twice now and it still rattles around. Frustrating yet satisfying.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Today I took the kids to a restaurant for lunch and ordered fish -n- chips (which are actually fries here in the States). I substituted steamed broccoli for the fries and applesauce for the coleslaw and was perfectly satisfied. I have hope that I can start eating out again and still stay within my calories!!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Today I took the kids to a restaurant for lunch and ordered fish -n- chips (which are actually fries here in the States). I substituted steamed broccoli for the fries and applesauce for the coleslaw and was perfectly satisfied. I have hope that I can start eating out again and still stay within my calories!!

Awesome! Great job! It gets easier as long as you are comfortable ordering and asking for what you want. I had lunch out with friends on Friday and the server brought a brownie sundae to celebrate a birthday, even though we said no dessert. The old me would have eaten it because it was there and I wouldn't want to offend by leaving it. This time, I had one tiny bite and walked away from it happily.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Slipped on a longer pair of shorts-just over knees-that had been too tight.
    wore them to church and a friend complimented me- loss is noticeable
    I also pumped and my bike tires and rode it to church-a sign of spring!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    my trusty old 3/4 length gym pants are slipping down - cant bear to be apart from them but know I will have to very soon, they are like a blankie for me (actually 2 pairs same size I will need to get rid of) lol
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I can jog on the elliptical for 20 minutes straight. When I started I could only jog for about 2 minutes at a time. This progress had been made in roughly 4 months time. I never thought that I would ever be able to jog for that long . It feels amazing to know I am getting stronger and healthier.

Can't wait to get there!! I'm at the barely-can-jog-2-minutes mark right now, but I hope to get to where you are someday!

Keep at it and you will get there. I still huff and puff through half of the jog but the point is I do it. I tell myself I won't stop until I reach a certain time limit or fall off the machine and I haven't fallen off yet. I have been adding 5 minutes at a time, 1 minute at a time over a 5 day period whenever the previous time limit becomes easier and I don't feel like it's a struggle to get to it. Your body is capable of more than you realize.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!