Replies

• catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Able to wear pearls I inherited from my late grandmother, but could never fit comfortably.
  • pengywin
    pengywin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My NSVs - Walking into work the other day and my boss saying I like that new top (it was about 4 years old and now fits). I was wearing size 24 pants with the button unbouttoned and some size 26 pants, went shopping a few weeks ago, tried on and fit into a size 22, this week I went back and picked up a couple pairs of the same pants in size 20. Down 37lbs. since Jan. long way to go but I'm on my way.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Able to wear pearls I inherited from my late grandmother, but could never fit comfortably.

That's a lovely NSV! :smile:
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Being able to do yard work today for a few hours without getting so exhausted I couldn't keep at it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    There is a family sized box of chocolates given to me as a birthday gift that has been sitting in my desk drawer for nearly 2 weeks.
    Had Old Me received it, they'd be long gone. They're destined for a family BBQ pass around instead :wink:

I'm the same way with sweets lately. I have had one of those peanut logs with the white cream in the middle sitting on my dining room table since two weeks ago and I have only eaten a little off it twice so far. Usually I would eat the whole thing in one sitting along with some chips or something.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my engagement or wedding rings any more; they just slide off, and I'm not getting them resized until I'm at goal.

Bonus is that I finally fit my husbands grandmothers ring as a replacement ;)
  • danielasaur
    danielasaur Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple since starting with MFP 45 days ago but it wasn't until this last one that I just had to post on here:

-Since I started tracking calories over 45 days ago, I have only gone over my goal ONCE and only by 30-40 calories

-Lots of people noticing my weight loss even though it hasn't felt like much to me (I've mainly lost around my face, neck, and waist which helps make it more noticeable I think)

-I could wear and button up a jacket I loved that I bought while I lived abroad (when I was about 27 pounds lighter than my heaviest, when I started MFP)

-I've started CRAVING exercise! I never thought I would be that person but this entire week I've just felt absolutely compelled to move around; just today I had the urge to go for a run crawling under my skin and I couldn't sit still until I actually went and ran! I still can't run for much, I'm doing a sort of C25K interval training now to build up cardio but even with that, my body wants it! I am happy beyond words!!!!
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at the gym I caught myself (unfortunately) falling into that worst of bad habits; comparing my body to other people's bodies around me. I was feeling plump (I've lost 50 lbs, but have another 30, maybe 40, to go until I'm where I want to be), I was feeling short, round, half invisible, plain Jane, out of place, just a big walking blah.
    Then I powered through 2 back to back hour long workouts (vinyasa yoga and mixed martial arts cardio), and broke less sweat than either of the instructors. The second instructor, upon finding out that this was my first class with him, said "it's okay if you need to stop halfway through." Not only did I not stop, I kicked *kitten* and busted out at 100% for the full hour (two full hours, counting the yoga). I walked out of there and went on about my day.
    Plump or not, overweight or not, right now I'm in pretty good shape if I do day so myself.
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I can now do around 10 push-ups (haven't done to max/failure) with my nose tip touching the ground when lowering my body.
    It's only 1-2 years ago when I could only do 4-5 and barely even going low.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I can jog on the elliptical for 20 minutes straight. When I started I could only jog for about 2 minutes at a time. This progress had been made in roughly 4 months time. I never thought that I would ever be able to jog for that long . It feels amazing to know I am getting stronger and healthier.
  • danielasaur
    danielasaur Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can jog on the elliptical for 20 minutes straight. When I started I could only jog for about 2 minutes at a time. This progress had been made in roughly 4 months time. I never thought that I would ever be able to jog for that long . It feels amazing to know I am getting stronger and healthier.

Can't wait to get there!! I'm at the barely-can-jog-2-minutes mark right now, but I hope to get to where you are someday!
  • gotayyy
    gotayyy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today and felt ok about my body in the dressing room for the first time in years!
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I told my sister that I've been working out every weekday for two months straight. She said she wished she could be like me. That was a boost to my ego because I look up to her for workout inspiration.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed a weekend getaway with my husband and spent 11 hours - !!! - walking around town exploring, listening to audio guides, looking at architecture, etc. At the end of the day my hands were not swollen and I did not have to put my feet up for an hour in the hotel afterward. Wow.
  • bethanybruner
    bethanybruner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Going shopping in my own closet. I wore a dress to church today that I haven't been able to wear in years. I kept checking myself out in the mirror, thinking, "Does this really fit?!?" My husband said, "Now THAT'S an NSV!" (which is hilarious because he didn't know what an NSV was a month ago).
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After getting dressed this morning I soon realized I needed to tighten my belt a notch more than usual. :smiley:
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am currently wearing a new pair of jeans. They are a size smaller than the last pair and they are comfortable, not tight at all!
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    -I was able to run 1.5 miles
    -I was able to run period
    -I actually WANTED to run
  • nathan_haveagoodday
    nathan_haveagoodday Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Had to go through my wardrobe again to pack away all of the too big items. That is the second time this year! I now only have two items with a 3XL label. They are pajama pants I got this past Christmas and I'm not quite ready to part with them yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!