Replies

• TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    TheBlizz35 wrote: »
    laur357 wrote: »
    TheBlizz35 wrote: »
    Signed up for a 5K! Can't believe I'm doing a race...and by myself since I don't have any friends who want to run. But it's not going to stop me. I'm actually looking forward to it and then it's on to a 10k.

You're going to love it! And look for local running groups where you live - check MeetUp, specialized running stores - you'll make some new friends fast! Our clubs have pop-up 5ks, weeknight free-runs, happy hour runs that end at restaurants. . . .

Any suggestions on what to wear when the forecast is for high 40s-low 50s?

My rule of thumb is dress how you would when the weather is 10 degrees warmer but you are not running. Like for 40-50's I'd run with a long sleeve shirt and longish tights. If I wasn't running, I'd wear that for 50-60 degree weather. For 30-40 degree runs, I's add a light jacket or pullover, like I would when out at 50-60 degrees but not running. Make sense?

Thanks Jen! That makes perfect sense and I will take that into consideration when I wake up on Saturday and see what the temp is out there.
  • antigonerising
    antigonerising Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is that I cut 1:10 off my mile time in two days. From 14:02 to 12:52. I was pretty proud of that. Now to get down to under 10:00

Just chiming in to say, my dog's name is Antigone. I love that name!

Shameless pic of my Antigone, cuz why not?!? :D
    4sta4e8erfs9.jpg

Well done on your run time!

Thanks! I've loved that name ever since high school when I was in the play :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!