What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can do back flys with 12 lb. dumbbells. At first, it was a struggle just doing one rep; I had to go down to 10 which was rough also. 10 is a breeze now and I can do several with 12 before I "feel it" :oD
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The instructor of my weight lifting and core exercise class came up to me after class, said he had to hug me and said, "You're awesome!" Worked my tail off...I wan't aware anyone would notice, let alone the instructor! Yes!!
  • amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Good one this weekend :) I saw my ex's mum, who was having my son for the weekend, and I haven't told many people outside of family about loosing weight and when I stepped out the car she gasped and was like "ohmygod, have you been loosing weight? You look so amazing and healthy and just fab!"

Also went out on the town and saw some old people I haven't seen for 3 years and they said I was unrecognisable (in a good way).

Can't wait for the next 45lbs to go haha
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    - Not totally giving up - recommitting to a healthy consumption pattern today.

- Unclogging the bathroom sink with a chopstick, baking soda, and vinegar - no other chemicals

- Leaving a party I wasn't having fun at, instead of having a drink
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Having a 'treat' dessert after dinner, feeling like I wanted more junk food and just having a low calorie hot chocolate instead :)

Also, did a full 30 minutes on the cross trainer at L8 (with 10 minutes up at L9), whereas a few weeks ago I couldn't complete even 25 minutes at L5!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I ran today!!
    Just last week I started trying to jog, doing intervals (walk 90 sec, jog 30).
    Today I bumped up the top speed to over 6 mph & was doing pretty good. Still can't hold it for more than 45 sec to a minute, but that's a bleep of a lot better than I could do this time last year!!!!
    :sweat_smile:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Had 700+ extra calories to eat to reach my net goal, so had a mars bar and ENJOYED it without feeling guilty! Sounds ridiculous, but that was the first guilt free chocolate I have had in over 4 years!!!
    You do know you don't have to reach the net goal MFP sets, right?
    And that MFP overestimates calories burned? Safer not to eat them back, or only have 1/3 to 1/2 once in a while.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bought a new pair of pants today. 3 sizes smaller than the last time I went shopping! So happy!
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I went to see a show with my daughter and they had cheap plastic chairs. I was able to sit down with no fear of it collapsing. At 318lbs I would be nervous, but at 225lbs I was confident it would hold.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Woke up early to workout. And I worked out after I got home from work despite not feeling like it.
  • LokomotivMordor
    LokomotivMordor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Went to McDonald's drunk and came out with nothing but a cup of water
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Doing box jumps at bootcamp and not almost vomiting
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Stayed well under my daily cal allowance while having a proper rest day.

Plus actually have planned meals for the week under target including a trip to sainsburys and waled out minus the usual cake, biscuits, crisps, and doughnuts!

a real win day for me
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    In the shower i noticed the 'fatty pads' on my shoulders have reduced greatly!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've never worn tight-fitting pants because I've always felt too self-conscious and unhappy with my body in them. Got a pair of yoga pants this weekend. Size L instead of XL, and they fit and look GREAT. Hello, butt.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The (female) drummer in my band said "you look definitely look like you've lost weight. I noticed before but you really look skinny today." after band practice tonight.
  • lauramegan28
    lauramegan28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @MKEgal I think your comment to Rodderick89 was kind of rude she is proud of her accomplishment and treated herself she doesn't need you to tell her how things work if she has been eating back her exercise calories and is still losing weight then it is working for her. Nobody cares for a know it all!

• jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went to my gynaecologist today for the first time in two years and she praised me on my weight loss. Usually I get earache from her for having a too-high BMI, and today she was chuffed and said she was gonna recommend MFP to her other patients after I told her how I had managed to lose 21kg this year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!