What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Are you actually counting calories or just eating low carb/ high protein? It sounds like you are eating too many cal
    steffgray wrote: »
    I rarely post but am sure that someone on here is struggling with the same issues.

But first, my NSV. I changed gyms 90 days ago and they ran a special that allows you to recover your initiation fee if you go 36 times in your first 90 days. That's a challenge because I also train with an unaffiliated trainer 2 days a week. I did it. I worked out 58 times in the past 90 days. That's right folks! I'm pretty dedicated, but even I am proud of that one!

I struggle because my diet and exercise are solid. I do a combo of HIIT conditioning and strength/heavy lifting. I cook at least six of my dinners a week and have sustained a low-carb (moderation) diet for two years. I eat a lot of protein, a medium amount of fat and low carbs. I get plenty of rest. My biggest challenge is hydration.

While my body composition has changed tremendously, I have been stuck at 138 for about a year. That's a gain for me - I had gotten down at one point to 129. I am 5'2". It's fine. I can live with my scale weight, but I can't understand why I'm still showing up to 26 percent body fat with my dedication to diet and exercise.

Can anyone relate?

Are you counting calories or just eating low carb?
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Putting on three different pairs of size 32 jeans this morning before finally accepting that I was gonna have to wear a belt. Three pairs, three different brands, all basically brand new, all loose. I was wearing size 36 three months ago. And they were snug.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So so many great things happening on this forum! I love reading these :).

As for me...got my blood work back from my doctor. I FINALLY had a physical for the first time in like 8 years. My cholesterol numbers were great but my vitamin D levels were crazy low. Which makes sense since I live in the snow belt where it's dark when I get up for work and dark when I leave work. She recommended supplements and that's been going well so far. We'll see in 3 months.

BUT the most exciting thing was this morning! I haven't been able to work out all week since I've been working on house repairs/unpacking so I was feeling unsuccessful. This morning I was able to notch my belt in ANOTHER hole!! I started out at the 8th hole and now I'm in to the 11th.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I squatted my bodyweight today! squatted 67.5kg/ 148.5lbs. I weigh 147.8 ! :D
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's! You people rock!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Are you actually counting calories or just eating low carb/ high protein? It sounds like you are eating too many cal
    steffgray wrote: »
    I rarely post but am sure that someone on here is struggling with the same issues.

But first, my NSV. I changed gyms 90 days ago and they ran a special that allows you to recover your initiation fee if you go 36 times in your first 90 days. That's a challenge because I also train with an unaffiliated trainer 2 days a week. I did it. I worked out 58 times in the past 90 days. That's right folks! I'm pretty dedicated, but even I am proud of that one!

I struggle because my diet and exercise are solid. I do a combo of HIIT conditioning and strength/heavy lifting. I cook at least six of my dinners a week and have sustained a low-carb (moderation) diet for two years. I eat a lot of protein, a medium amount of fat and low carbs. I get plenty of rest. My biggest challenge is hydration.

While my body composition has changed tremendously, I have been stuck at 138 for about a year. That's a gain for me - I had gotten down at one point to 129. I am 5'2". It's fine. I can live with my scale weight, but I can't understand why I'm still showing up to 26 percent body fat with my dedication to diet and exercise.

Can anyone relate?

Are you counting calories or just eating low carb?

Good question. Also, how are you measuring your body fat? Do you know if that is an accurate number?
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is my first NSV and I'm very excited about it. I have been working on loosing weight for almost 3 years and have been going very slow with it. I have been wanting to start running for over a year and have started C25K several time but never got very far, I always make one excuse or another to stop. I have finally gotten determined to run a 5K so instead of doing the C25K program I have on my phone I just decided to jog until I couldn't make it further then I walk for a little bit and then jog again. The last couple of weeks I had made it up to at least 1/4 mile jogging without slowing to a walk. Yesterday when I got to the park to walk I made up my mind I was going further and I did. I managed to jog for 1/2 mile, walked a little and then jogged 1/4 mile again several times. I usually walk at least 3 miles and yesterday I think I may have actually jogged more than I walked. I can't wait until I get up to at least 1 mile steady jogging and then on to 5K.
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I ran a 5K. Ran the whole thing which was my goal. I didn't run fast but I got through it without walking. I got the official race pictures in my email Wednesday night and sent one to a friend. His first comment was that I'm looking "a bit more svelte" than when he saw me in July. I'm even wearing a hoodie in the picture I sent him.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't fit into for about two years. :)
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My size 14 jeans I bought a month ago can now slide on and off! Good and bad ;)
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It hit the jacobs ladder stairclimber tonight for 65 minutes and climbed 199 floors---needed 10 more seconds to hit 200!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My hips went down to 39 inches...starting from 44. Truly an NSV because I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I was able to put my wedding rings back on!
  • teknosprite
    teknosprite Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I returned to my current job in March of this year, so many of the clients knew me already (I was only at another job for 8 months) and nearly all said to me something about gaining weight. This was disheartening. BUT now the comments are that I look like I'm losing weight or that I've been working out! I met with one clients mother who hadn't seen me in a while and she said "wow girl, you look like you've been working it!" And I was like yea, I am!!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I can see hints of a collarbone! It's not prominent or especially noticeable, but it's there! I had always heard of such things, but didn't think I ever had one! :)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    awesome! and i started running today! not ran since school (about 4 and a half years ago!) i only came back on mfp this week and this time am here to stay! :)
  • cblue315
    Options
    Went to the gym today to WO. Forgot my shoes. Went in the cardio theatre anyway and did Cybex Arc Trainer for 50 mins followed by core/mat work for 15mins. In the past I would have just went back home and prob through a drive thru on the way.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Went to the gym today to WO. Forgot my shoes. Went in the cardio theatre anyway and did Cybex Arc Trainer for 50 mins followed by core/mat work for 15mins. In the past I would have just went back home and prob through a drive thru on the way.

So what shoes did you work out in?
  • cblue315
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    cblue315 wrote: »

So what shoes did you work out in?

Went in my socks!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!