Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HCG

13»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Becca,

I wish you wouldn't make derogatory comments about the HCG dieters if you disagree with the HCG diet. We are just people trying to lose weight and be the best version of ourselves that we can be, same as you I imagine.

You have a strong opposition to the diet, I appreciate that. But the HCG dieters' enthusiasm is as strong.

I wouldn't bash someone for taking analgesics, anti-depression meds, or other medication that may not be deemed necessary by one group or another.

You don't like HCG. I get it.

I have been successful on HCG.

To the OP - you got both sides. Do some research and decide for yourself.

I think she was responding in part to the other HCG acolyte who called us all "intellectually inferior" for daring to question St Simeons.

The HCG proponents persist in perpetuating a "false equivalence" on this topic, with the constant refrain of "do some research and decide for yourself".

Every independent, objective, credible medical source I have been able to find on the subject (yes, I DO the research) says the same thing: any temporary weight loss that occurs when using the HCG protocol can be attributed to the effects of a VLCD of 500 calories/day. As I'm sure you well know, the FDA requires that HCG vendors include labels that state that HCG is not approved by the FDA as safe and effective for the treatment of obesity or weight control. I don't know when the labeling requirement started, but the FDA first "disapproved" of HCG in 1974.

So there are not two equivalent sets of "facts" in this case.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Thu 10/21/10 10:31 AMQUOTE:

I really love how the intellectually inferior here compare HCG (a completely natural hormone) to crack cocaine, methamphetamines, and tapeworms.

Please consider this before you evaluate these people's opinions.

Actually cocaine is natural as well.

The issue here is not whether its natural but whether its sustainable. The point of losing weight the healthy way, a smart reasonable diet along with exercise and losing 1-2 pounds a week, is that it take a long time in which you retrain your brain and body on how to eat and how to exercise and those things become a habit. Additionally If you are preforming some crazy ritual or eating some insane amount of soup or fruit Its unbalanced and can NOT be sustained for the remainder of your life nor should it. If you are doing these things then you are not retraining yourself and you will be very LUCKY if you are able to keep it off.

Congratulations to anyone who has been successful with HCG, or any fad diet, and has kept their weight off. Losing weight in any way is hard. Its like those trick questions on tests. There might be more than one correct answer but there is always a best answer and fad diets and crazy drugs and natural hormones are not the best answer.

I know its hard because I'm doing it right! I'm doing it without drugs or hormones or a fad diet. Its working for me because I'm motivated enough to put in the hard work and do what I have to do to make it work. I understand if some people aren't strong enough mentally or emotionally to overcome their inner issues to do it the right way on their own. Be forewarned though; If you don't retrain yourself than you will likely see a relapse because you never fixed what got you there in the first place.

Good luck with all your journeys

Amen Brother! It always feels better when you earn it!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Thu 10/21/10 10:31 AMQUOTE:

I really love how the intellectually inferior here compare HCG (a completely natural hormone) to crack cocaine, methamphetamines, and tapeworms.

Please consider this before you evaluate these people's opinions.

Actually cocaine is natural as well.

The issue here is not whether its natural but whether its sustainable. The point of losing weight the healthy way, a smart reasonable diet along with exercise and losing 1-2 pounds a week, is that it take a long time in which you retrain your brain and body on how to eat and how to exercise and those things become a habit. Additionally If you are preforming some crazy ritual or eating some insane amount of soup or fruit Its unbalanced and can NOT be sustained for the remainder of your life nor should it. If you are doing these things then you are not retraining yourself and you will be very LUCKY if you are able to keep it off.

Congratulations to anyone who has been successful with HCG, or any fad diet, and has kept their weight off. Losing weight in any way is hard. Its like those trick questions on tests. There might be more than one correct answer but there is always a best answer and fad diets and crazy drugs and natural hormones are not the best answer.

I know its hard because I'm doing it right! I'm doing it without drugs or hormones or a fad diet. Its working for me because I'm motivated enough to put in the hard work and do what I have to do to make it work. I understand if some people aren't strong enough mentally or emotionally to overcome their inner issues to do it the right way on their own. Be forewarned though; If you don't retrain yourself than you will likely see a relapse because you never fixed what got you there in the first place.

Good luck with all your journeys

Amen Brother! It always feels better when you earn it!
    Loved it! :drinker:

Hard work is right! If someone says to me, this is SO easy then I have to wonder what the heck are they doing? I don't mean the regular routine we all get into when we lower our cals and change what we eat to healthier foods and add in exercises. I call that formula simple, but I would never tell someone it's easy, nothing worth having is, it takes a huge commitment to stick to but it's definitely worth it:love: . Preplanning your meals, structuring your day and fitting in workouts among the many things we each have going on in our lives. Easy? No way!

It's not like I haven't tried out some of those 'This is EASY' methods, because I have. That's why when I hear the word 'easy' it's a huge red flag meaning someone is likely 'dieting' not changing their lifestyle on more permanent basis.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Anette, I am not asking this to be snarky, but did you gain 20 pounds in 1 month when you stopped following HCG? How is that even physically possible? Thats more than 2,300 calories above your metabolism a day, which would indicate that your metobolism had almost stopped. I know my BMR is 1,500 a day, so that would be eating 3,800 calories a day which just does not seem possible, even if you were eating corn dogs and chips every day. If HCG damaged your metabolism so badly that it completely stopped pretty much that scares me even more than the diet itself.
    Never mind. I think your post speaks well for itself without me adding anything:flowerforyou:

Edited: edited out my thoughts on cheetos etc.... :laugh:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    your body needs the slow weight loss to adapt to the changes and for your skin to shrink along with the fat. The slower you are able to lose the better outcome for long term maintenance. I have lost 80 lbs over two years and yes I have gotten frustrated and yes it is hard but doing it the healthy way is the only way to go, in my opinion.
    Congrats on the awesome loss!!:drinker: Slow and steady does win the race for sure and I believe it's far healthier for our bodies as well. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you!!