Okay, everyone says 1200 is bad, so assuming 1293 is too..?

Options
2»

Replies

• jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - 19 years old
    SW: 202
    CW: 194
    1GW: 160
    MFP gave me 1293 a day, I've been reading a lot of the discussions but everytime I try it I get around that. What should I be eating to lose? Also just started some lifting 4-5 times a week, and usually always running around with my baby on my hip.

OP, are you nursing? If so, the 1293 calories per day might not be enough so this is something your should discuss with your doctor. If not, go with the MFP recommendation AND eat back your exercise calories. Keep an eye on how you are feeling. If you are constantly hungry, up your daily calories by 100. Good luck.
  • Aupairgirl29
    Options
    I personally find that, unless I am literally doing nothing all day, 1200 is too low and I feel tired and grumpy. I tend to aim for around 1500 a day, and I walk a lot and try to do a workout dvd 5 times a week and I find I am still always losing.
    5'3 - 21 years old, sw: 149 cw: 140
    I suggest you experiment with your calories, try a set amount for a week or two and monitor mood, energy and weight loss then adjust accordingly :]
    I believe that it is a matter of eating clean, more than calories - eating 1500 calories of clean food, plenty of fruit and veg and water rather than 1200 of processed food and 'wow only 100 cal' snack bars.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Calorie restriction = no
    The best thing you can do for weight loss and your health is to make smarter decisions in what you put into your mouth.