You know your becoming a gym rat when...........

Options
2»

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    ...when one of the trainers and a couple of the members ask you for routine advice.

...when the guilt for not going to the gym equals eating that Big Mac
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You have nicknames for the regular gym goers that you see and you've devised life stories for them (and share them with your SO).

(You know you all have a "moaning guy" and "old man who lifts 2 lb dumbbells" at your gyms too!)

:laugh:

Yes! I thought I was the only one that came up with little nickname for some of the regulars. :laugh:

I also have "stink dude" (who may be ingesting too many eggs before his treadmill sessions) and "the gazelle" (who is eight feet tall and appears to weigh the same as a feather...)
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    keep these coming, i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You know your a gym rat when....

- You schedule your work hr around the gym class schedule
    - Even when you are so sore you cant even move, you can't justify not going
    - Others at the gym notice when you have been gone for a day
    - You are on Vacation thinking about your workouts and looking for workout options.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i'm loving these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrayniak
    Options
    you don't have to buy as much shampoo because you take all your showers at the gym.

you get angry when your gym schedule is interrupted and you're itching to go back the next day.

you take more time to plan what workout clothes your going to wear.

you become very bitter about any injuries that prevent you from going all out!

you go to the gym 2+ times a day!! and it starts to feel like a second home!

best of all: the gym staff and other gym goes notice the change you have made and compliment you!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Great thread...

When a good looking lady comes in and you get extra motivation to keep working out for a few more minutes (Had to be honest)

When you try to break your own records for calorie burns on different machines...