I went from morbidly obese to 6 pack abs! Ask me Anything

Options

Replies

• jennyooh99
    jennyooh99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    one more question -- how do I get to your food diary?
  • jennyooh99
    jennyooh99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    nevermind I found it...thanks again for everything!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    fitfat1975 wrote: »
    You look great! Thanks for answering all of our questions. This is a very informative thread! I would love to see what you eat in a typical day.
    My diary is open and I also have full day of eating videos on my YouTube channel.

• giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • kalsedairawi
    kalsedairawi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey what kind of weight lifting would you do if you started from day 1?
  • BuccaneersFan
    BuccaneersFan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your 3 part picture and even your head looks smaller!
  • vismal
    Options
    hey what kind of weight lifting would you do if you started from day 1?
    5x5 training. No question about it!
    I was looking at your 3 part picture and even your head looks smaller!
    Agreed! There have been a number of occasions when folks I knew around ages 23-26 saw me after a few years had past and they do not recognize me!
  • jadeamor
    jadeamor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You've done great! Thank you for all of your knowledge and thank you for investing time helping others. I appreciate it.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    So much YES to number 4! Congrats! You're an inspiration!
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get a straight up answer from the "experts" and there's too much ideology on this subject. Since I know you'll be honest and you've obviously done your research on this subject, I'm asking you what you think of the following or what has worked for you. I'm currently weighing 124 lbs and trying to "lean out" with the goal of reaching 115 lbs. I eat at a deficit. My daily calorie intake is 1200. I workout 6 days a week (I lift and do moderate cardio). My biggest struggle at THIS TIME is this: I watch my protein macro and it's s bit of a struggle to eat 100-120 grams of protein while keeping my fat macros at 20%. On an average day, 30-35% of my daily 1200 calories ends up being fat. My question is, does it matter for leaning out? I'm losing about .5 to 1 pound a week but I still look kinda "thick" albeit, fit, if you know what I mean. Will the "fat" intake part of my diet keep me from looking leaner?
  • ShapingTheLaw
    Options
    I'm struggling to get a straight up answer from the "experts" and there's too much ideology on this subject. Since I know you'll be honest and you've obviously done your research on this subject, I'm asking you what you think of the following or what has worked for you. I'm currently weighing 124 lbs and trying to "lean out" with the goal of reaching 115 lbs. I eat at a deficit. My daily calorie intake is 1200. I workout 6 days a week (I lift and do moderate cardio). My biggest struggle at THIS TIME is this: I watch my protein macro and it's s bit of a struggle to eat 100-120 grams of protein while keeping my fat macros at 20%. On an average day, 30-35% of my daily 1200 calories ends up being fat. My question is, does it matter for leaning out? I'm losing about .5 to 1 pound a week but I still look kinda "thick" albeit, fit, if you know what I mean. Will the "fat" intake part of my diet keep me from looking leaner?

I was meaning to post this on your Calorie 101 not here. Sorry. Hope you'll still respond.
  • Popsicle_Feet
    Popsicle_Feet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sovi_ wrote: »
    Just here to drool.

lol he's so dreamy
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You deserve a bump today
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You deserve a bump today

• vismal
    Options

I was meaning to post this on your Calorie 101 not here. Sorry. Hope you'll still respond.
    It doesn't matter how much fat you eat so long as you are in a caloric deficit. Many people lose weight eating 40% or more of their calories in the form of fat. Just stick to your deficit and you'll be fine.
  • exuberant30
    exuberant30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing.
    It's so refreshing and inspiring to see someone who's achieved a perfect body with no surgery just hard word. You must be so proud of yourself.
    Your an inspiration. I hope I can follow in your footsteps.
  • rhanzie
    rhanzie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A huge congrats!its amazing!
  • ShapingTheLaw
    Options
    .[/quote]
    It doesn't matter how much fat you eat so long as you are in a caloric deficit. Many people lose weight eating 40% or more of their calories in the form of fat. Just stick to your deficit and you'll be fine.
    [/quote]

Thanks Vismal!

• willie0123
    willie0123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im only 16 in highschool and 5'8 my mom is about 5'7 and dad is 5'6. I weigh 160 lbs and i want to lose weight and be fit (130) but i dont know if that is appropriate at my age. I also want to grow taller,but to grow taller i have to eat alot. At the same time i want to lose weight. What should i do? Will dieting affect my height? Should i start working out and dieting until im 18? I exercise and i do 15 minutes of vigorous boxer style jumproping everyday, but not it has gotten boring and i feel no change. What should i do? Thanks
  • vismal
    Options
    willie0123 wrote: »
    Im only 16 in highschool and 5'8 my mom is about 5'7 and dad is 5'6. I weigh 160 lbs and i want to lose weight and be fit (130) but i dont know if that is appropriate at my age. I also want to grow taller,but to grow taller i have to eat alot. At the same time i want to lose weight. What should i do? Will dieting affect my height? Should i start working out and dieting until im 18? I exercise and i do 15 minutes of vigorous boxer style jumproping everyday, but not it has gotten boring and i feel no change. What should i do? Thanks
    how tall you will be is genetic. You really have very little control over that. Dieting in a reasonable manner will not cause your growth to stop, but at 16 you probably won't be growing much taller if at all.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!