Milestone: One hundred pounds loss so far!! Pics

Options
abhull14
abhull14 Posts: 50 Member
I have been a big guy my entire adult life, but in 2008 I broke my leg and ankle and started not doing anything outside of work, and I really started packing on the pounds, fast forward to this year and I woke up on New years day (2014) and I felt horrible, I was sweating and had shortness of breath and I was just laying there, it was awake up I needed. I decided to create an account on MFP and start my new lifestyle, I knew I could lose the weight and in fact I lost 50 pounds in 2012 doing weight watchers, but gained all back in 2013. I have been so determined to make this more then a diet and a new lifestyle, in just a third of one year I have lost a fifth of my starting weight...20 percent!! I work out daily and keep my calories within the required numbers. I am so proud of myself and thought I would share my progress so far.

36e83547-681b-49e7-8054-777ab650c96e_zps70440396.jpg

Replies

• kornpopper
    kornpopper Posts: 22
    Options
    your doing great, keep up the good work.
    you look much happier too
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so much happier!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, you are doing great and looking great......
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good job
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your progress!
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep motivated.

Deborah
  • bigglesinc
    bigglesinc Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome. Well done. Inspiring...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    great work on meeting your goals and achieving great results. That kind of reflection makes it easier during difficult times.

Did you have a total diet change too so that those goals actually seemed like a lot to eat?

And no ankle problems so far?
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • SlimTerri57
    SlimTerri57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Sir! You can actually say you probably saved your life! Good job!
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Awesome work!
  • shoebeatins
    Options
    Congratulations! Doesn't it feel empowering to be in control of self? :) hey read my post on this message board about fiber supplement. So far it has been helping me not feel AS hungry between meals. All the best in your healthful endeavors.
  • abhull14
    abhull14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As far as diet, I make sure I eat 3 meals a day, I do not eat out as often. I have also cut down a lot on drinking alcohol and no longer drink soda.

My ankle pain was there in the beginning but with more weight lost I am feeling better I am able to run and do so much more in the gym.
  • JLGund
    JLGund Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! You deserve to feel proud.
  • Jump4Fitness
    Jump4Fitness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You should be very proud. Keep up updated with your progress.
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you are on your way to a new healthy lifestyle. You are doing fantastic. I have recently gone down the road to a new lifestyle myself, and feel so fantastic! Keep up the good work - you will never regret it.
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! Doing fantastic :-)
  • rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are looking amazing and you look SO happy with yourself! I hope you continue to gain confidence, you are a rock star!!
  • rockky83
    rockky83 Posts: 59
    Options
    Great job Bro, looking good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!