30 Pounds By Christmas? 10wks. Start 10/18 JOIN!

Options

Replies

• mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I just joined MFP. I'm in. I don't have 30 lbs to lose to get to my initial goal but if I can get past it all the better. :)

I've never been able to lose an avg of 3 lbs per week so i'm not going to hold my breathe to do 30 in 10 but I think this will keep me motivated to stay on track and somewhere to check in weekly.

SW: 165
    Christmas Goal: 135
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    10 cups of water, check
    New snack, Cliff bar chocolate peanut butter, check
    Exercise, 60 minutes cardio boot camp with trainer, check
    lol

Woot woot
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did awsome getting in the water. But the exercise is hard to get in with 3 kids under 2 . Anybody have any suggestions. I also been good with my calories but I have ate after seven which sucks.
  • TheDash12
    Options
    I just joined MFP. I'm in. I don't have 30 lbs to lose to get to my initial goal but if I can get past it all the better. :)

I've never been able to lose an avg of 3 lbs per week so i'm not going to hold my breathe to do 30 in 10 but I think this will keep me motivated to stay on track and somewhere to check in weekly.

SW: 165
    Christmas Goal: 135

Same here, I've been gettin 2lbs over the past few weeks, I wonder if I could push myself to 3. Im sure I could.
    But like you said, I do need to go somewhere to check it and stay motivated.
  • sczeschin
    Options
    Okay, I'm on it!

Starting weight- 199
    Christmas weight -169

We are leaving for a cruise on Christmas Day so this is a great way to keep motivated and say "Bon Voyage" to that 30 lbs!
  • leasha77
    Options
    i AM IN AND NEW TO THIS i ALSO HAVE A CRUISE IN NOV BUT i AM STILL GOING TO TRY TO BE GOOD. ADD ME AS A FRIEND AS WE GO THROUGH THIS TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND i WILL WEIGH MYSELF TOMORROW TO BE ACCURATE BUT MY LAST WEIGHT WAS 214.
  • lisabee123
    Options
    I would LOVE to join!! I had a goal of 20lbs but what is 10 more. My husband is deployed and will not be back until late Jan so I would love to be down 30lbs. This will be great motivation.

Oct 19th 191

Feel free to add me too.
  • allthatnme
    allthatnme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OK so I didnt post my weight yesterday i dont wanna log gains just loses is that bad?

J
  • laurawright
    laurawright Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I'm trying to loose only 30 pounds but I need some support so BRING IT ON!
    Started 2 weeks ago! (well, started again!)

Starting weight- 141.6
    Current weight- 138.2
    Thanksgiving -124
    Christmas- 110

Everyone can add me as a friend! GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!
  • Hickgal_79
    Options
    Today 224.5 by christmas 194.5 here we come!!!
  • swiss13
    swiss13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how many people are doing this! I made the challenges today. I tried a pomegranate for my new snack. What a mess :smile: but it was good. I had to do a little research to see how to eat one....too funny. One comment was that it was a good diet food because for at least the hour you are eating it you are not eating anything else.
  • Darka
    Darka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Drank enough water to make my eyeballs float. Was under my calories and worked out . 45mins. My new healthy snack was sliced apples with PB2 w/ chocolate. Only 45 calories and 1gm fat per 2 Tbs!
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oooohhh....sounds fun! Totally IN! CW: 146
  • js775219
    Options
    I'm totally in, I'm always down for a challenge; my starting weight is 245 so by Christmas that's 215...we can do it!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Tuesday challenge done :smile:

Litres of water

Exercise wise I kinda went way over the target :laugh:
    30min walk with the kids
    20min 30 day shred
    60min gym - mix cardio & weights

Stayed under my calorie goal!

As for a new snack, I went looking for something healthy to add to my day as I was finding it hard to eat my calories and some of my extra calories due to all the exercise. So I bought some Sesame Snaps, at 52 calories they are pretty yummy and sweet enough if the craving for something sweet hits :happy:
  • simplykim419
    simplykim419 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! Sounds like everyone had a good day.

If you did not meet the challenges today, remember tomorrow is another day and not to give up.

Today was my first day of getting back to exercising and eathing healthy. With that said, I had packed a salad for dinner but that did not sound good and I knew that if I ate that then I would be more prone to snack on the hotdogs and chips we have at work, so I asked my husband to go get me a McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich without mayo and a small fry. For me this was an acheivement because I love their fries and would normally eat a large one by myself, but just going with the small one was enough to quench the craving. This did put me over my calorie limit but tomorrow, I will work on staying at my level or under. I am taking it one day at a time.

I did drink all my water plus some. Not sure of the exact amount because I lost count. I did get in 35 minutes at the gym today which is good for me since I have not worked out in months. With tomorrow's added challenge, I will add in doing some Turbo Jam.to get in more calorie burning.

As for a new snack, I made a recipe out of Jillian MIchaels Master Your Metabolism Cookbook. I made the Blueberry Banana Muffins and I must say they are much better than I thought they would be.

Off to get ready for bed. And feel free to friend me if you would like so we can keep each other motivated.
  • SanDiegoUbermom
    SanDiegoUbermom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started out my day doubting if I could do this.
    But as I went through the day, my confidence became higher and eaiser to stick to the task at hand and I came out ahead.

Sorry; I didn't have time to look for a new snack for today but I did try one a week ago and found it wonderful.

Weight Watcher Cookbook:
    Minted Grapefruit & Oranges
    4 Servings

1/2 c chopped fresh mint
    2 T granulated sugar
    2 small organges
    1 medium grapefruit
    Mint leaves, optinal

1. To prepare mint syrup, in small saucepan, combine chopped mint, 1/4 c water and the sugar; bring to a oil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat: let cool 10 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, remove skin and membranes from grapefruit. Over small bowl, with a paring knife, cut grapefruit into sections. Remove skin and membranes from oranges; cut each crosswise into 4 equal slices. Compine with grapegruit sections.
    3. Strain cooled mint syrup over fruit (I used a coffee filter, in a small strainer), squeezing any juice from the mint leaves into bowl. Refrigerate, covered with a plastic wrap, until well chilled. To serve, garnish with whole mint leaves, if desiered.

73 calories per serving, 1g protein, 0g fat, 18g cargohydrate, 0mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 2g dietary fiber
  • micky7890
    micky7890 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

Current Weight - 192 lbs

Xmas Goal - 175 lbs
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Ok everyone...... whew.... I am so excited that people are STILL JOINING US!! WOW!

I know that some people are having trouble finding the challenges still. I am trying to keep up and help everyone, but unfortunately, I know I'm probably missing some people. Can everyone PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, help me tell others about how to find the challenges. I've been posting them here, and in my signature, so on and so forth.... I'm trying, but I don't know a better way for everyone to find them. (this is my first time leading a group on here...hehehehe..... so bare with me please!:blushing: )

I'm excited about challenge today:

Once again,

10 glasses of H2O
    At or under calorie goal....(I understand that you can't eat 3000 exercise calories! Wow you all are amazing!)
    And here's the best part!!!

Of course 45 minutes of movement PLUS an extra 10 minutes of shaking your groove thang' DANCE!!! haha.... Be silly and have fun with it. Even if you know you can't keep a beat, at least you will burn some calories laughing at yourself and with your family!

Ok....off to start chugging water........

I'm not so motivated to exercise yet. HELP!!!! I'm struggling to wake up this morning!!

Ok.......bye for now my svelt siblings!

Mwah!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    PoshTaush- you are doing a great job and a great leader! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:

Ok totally got my dancing in last night! Went to a concert and had a great time! Drank all my H2O and did well eating.

As far as a new healthy snack, it isn't so much new to me, it is a ThinkThin bar. A protein bar that is gluten free and zero sugar. Great for me being gluten free. They came out with a new bar that is mixed nuts with white chocolate on the bottom.:love: They run between 160-210 calories. Easy, quick & healthy snack.