People you are close to giving you a hard time about diet

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Crap. Not only do I now need to name my quads, Thor and Hercules are taken.

Dibs on Freya and Hera.

Dammit. Fine. I've got Athena and Boudica.

Boom done. now we all have fabulous quads.

I'm starting to wonder if I should name my glutes too- but what do we think- maybe that might be over kill?

Oh hell no. Then when someone ticks you off you can suggest they go kiss Persephone and Isis. It's much more couth.

genius.

you win the internet to day.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You can kiss my Boudica. Love it.

Now I need another quad name.
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! I am lucky that my family and most of my friends are fairly health-conscious as well so I don't get too many comments. I love food and exercise and love to talk about them both, but only really do it when asked. I think my (mostly) healthy diet and workouts has affected some around me in a positive way... others are making changes in the break room or signing up for more races because they see how great I feel!
    I used to get the occassional "do you EVER cheat or eat something unhealthy??" of course I do.... take me out for mexican and i will go absolutely crazy. but why would I waste it on cafeteria french fries when I would much rather save it for something I planned to enjoy on my own time :)
    just keep doing what you're doing. you can't change how others act but only the way you react to them - i have to constantly remind myself of this every day.
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yesss thank you!!! I always get a lot of questions like that too like, "I think you can handle fast food for one lunch meal." Yeah, I do cheat, but I cheat on things I want to cheat with. I don't want to waste calories on fast food stuff like everyone else. To me that food tastes like plastic, and if I want to cheat, I want some of my grandma's home cooked desserts. I just choose strategically, and I guess a lot of other people have a problem with that because they can't do it. I am happy with what I do and who I am, and I know most of my family that does it is just good humor or something to give me a hard time about, but I do always enjoy coming to MFP for support :)
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    just do you, in the end it is you that lives with the decision.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the time a friend of mine threatened to take my man card for doing yoga. I dared him to join me for a session, as I didn't think he could keep up with me. He hasn't made that threat again.