What's your go-to low cal snack?

Options
1235»

Replies

• HannahMary87
    Options
    Frozen fruit (50 cal in 100g) with yogurt (ranges from 80 cal per 100g for non-fat to around 150 cal per 100g).

Delicious and filling!
  • daniel_parrett
    daniel_parrett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    two eggs on a slice of toast. maybe a bit of salsa on it.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This is technically a beverage, but I always keep iced coffee on hand. I make a pot of coffee, pour it into a pitcher and just let it cool in the fridge. Serve over ice with about a half a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and flavored sugar-free sweetener - delish! About 15 calories and totally tides me over.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg whites
  • ferggie322
    ferggie322 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds in the shell. They take a long time to eat. Cucumber with salt, pepper and lime juice. Watermelon or cantaloupe.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    This is technically a beverage, but I always keep iced coffee on hand. I make a pot of coffee, pour it into a pitcher and just let it cool in the fridge. Serve over ice with about a half a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and flavored sugar-free sweetener - delish! About 15 calories and totally tides me over.

coffee is superb for me to curb hunger...but I am also concerned about overdose....I am not against caffeine, but I do feel strange when I have more than 3 cups a day...decaf for some reason doesn't do the same job when it comes to supress appetite.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Those Gerber puffs are nutritionally very similar to Kix and probably any low-sugar breakfast cereal. The Gerber product is 12 times more expensive.

Gerber Puffs, 30g, calories 107, fat 0, carbs 25, vitamins ~most are around 10% of RDA, ~$3/42g
    Kix, 30g, calories 107, fat 1, carbs 25, vitamins ~most around 10% of RDA, ~$3/510g
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    yogurt
    raw almonds
    fruit
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Saltines in 2-packs (25 cal/pk), sold in large boxes at restaurant supply stores.
    Chicken broth -- prefer natural, but for a diet will make do with the powder -- under 5 cal/cup, and extremely satiating.
    Pringles in the small individial packs -- about 100 cal/pack.
    A Romaine lettuce leaf filled and rolled with a luncheon meat or about 4 Tbsp. of anything flavorful I find in the kitchen.
    Hard candy -- anything especially delicious (usually 10-25 cal/piece and it takes ages to dissolve).
    0.5 - 1.0 oz. almonds or peanuts -- I have a digital food scale that is very useful -- under 100-200 cal.
    Black coffee with a banana; or coffee with Bailey's Coffee Creamer (has the least chemicals; found in the refrig. section of market)
    Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips -- large, quadruple size chips @ 5 cal. ea. -- they are real and fairly good chocolate.