lack of time to exercise today....

Options
1235»

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Well I've seen a couple of people say that they don't like to post due to negative, unnecessary comments like hers. If that isn't bullying then I don't know what is. 'Keyboard warriors' comes to mind.

I've been around for some time and I've seen nothing but a sensible, good advice from her, or most people for that matter. Problem on this forum is that often posts are ignored or labeled as bullying unless it's a pat on the head followed by words of "you're special so keep doing whatever you do even if it's completely wrong". And I do agree with Stef here, what good can come out of doing workouts 2 to 3 minutes every 20 minutes? And why even force yourself to do both Insanity and 30DS if you're struggling? Just devote your time to one workout, do it on your terms, but do it in one go, day by day you will improve.
    But then again, I might just be bullying you by typing this.

There's a certain way of saying/putting things. her people skills seem none existent.
    everyone's brought up differently I guess..

She could have worded it different or it could have been perceived differently. She was giving truth and actually good advice, even if it was worded in a way that wasn't the kindest or softest. Sometimes being gently and kind in the way hinders people. Sometimes the hard and cruel truth is necessary. It's not bullying, just brutal honesty. If she listens then it will benefit her, if she chooses to be hurt about it and continue in this manner, which will prove unsuccessful for OP, then it will only hinder herself.

Hmmmm. I tend to take people more seriously and perceive them as more credible when they say things in a courteous manner.

Pika - I didn't have as much time because I have to stop in between doing exercises. I'm done now =)

You say that you take people more seriousl;y and perceive them as more credible whent hey say things in a courteous manner but wasn't it supposedly your rejection from a guy friend you had sought a relationship with that brought you here?
    But recently I actually did want to be in a relationship because I wanted to feel protected and safe (okay - I admit that's bad since that's the only reason I wanted to be in one and didn't want to be in a relationship for its own sake) - I wanted to be in a relationship with a male friend of mine who had in the past expressed interest in me. But he turned me down because of my weight.

It's true that now I feel safe within myself already (for the most part) so I no longer desire a relationship (though it still has affected my self-esteem knowing I was rejected because of my weight).

It appears that is cruel rejection is what turned you to try and be healthy. It wasn't what you wanted to hear but it was what you needed to hear if you are overweight and unhealthy. You may not always like to hear what other people say but sometimes it is what you need to hear anyway.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This thread is the best part of my day.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    They're both good workouts, but if you're finding it so difficult to finish both of them in one day, then just do one or the other. You'll get a better workout and less aggravation that way.

Also, I was just sharing my experience in trying to do too much at one time... I wasn't trying to be preachy or anything. :smile:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Hopefully you can get your schedule figured out so you're not stressing over your workouts.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah yes it is important to say things in a polite and kind way.

wonderful!

now this thread can die.

ETA: this site has a nifty blog feature for things like this.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like you probably shouldn't be doing Insanity. Or just keep the 30+ minutes you are doing and make sure your heart rate is high.

It's a bit ridiculous to break up the workout like that.
  • ktwin1
    ktwin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Insanity is a hard and long workout. What made you choose it?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I feel fine. I don't need over six hours do complete less than 60 minutes of work. I'm also not the one sniveling online about my piss poor time management ... you are.

I was just getting ready to X out of this thread...and then I saw this post.

So anyhow, now I'm in...

ETA: Egads! This sounds like someone going from couch to 10k by doing only 50m sprints as training...hundreds of them over the course of a few hours.

OP, I'm sure others have already said this in the pages I haven't read through yet, but just in case, you need to reevaluate your approach here. Sure, do Insanity if that's what you want to do, but do it at your current pace...without pausing the video. When the video is done, you're done for the day. Eat appropriately, get adequate sleep/rest/recovery, and then do it again the next day. Dial it back or you'll be rehabbing (or giving up) instead of progressing.

TL;DR - At this point, your progress will come from the consistency of your exercise, not the intensity.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Well I've seen a couple of people say that they don't like to post due to negative, unnecessary comments like hers. If that isn't bullying then I don't know what is. 'Keyboard warriors' comes to mind.

I'm glad that you admit that you don't know what bullying is, because there has been none of that here.

bul·ly1 [bool-ee]
    noun, plural bul·lies.
    1.a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

Hasn't been any of that.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to miss 1 day of exercise
    :huh: Life happens - there will be days when you aren't able to do any planned exercise due to work, guests, illness, jury duty - whatever. Gotta learn to roll with it. It will not hurt you or "undo" any progress if you take an extra rest day. Or if you have 15, 20 or 30 minutes, do what you can in the time you have.

The sooner you can adopt this mindset, the closer to actual permanent, sustainable lifestyle change you'll be. I've learned that I can either get up earlier to get a workout done, or just do a quick workout with whatever time I've got, or call it an extra rest day, still sticking to good calorie goals, of course.

Pressuring yourself to do so many minutes of exercise to the point that it's stressing you out or making you "terrified" isn't healthy. Relax. Pull up a good 10 minute yoga or pilates type workout and do that - sounds like it might do you good (fitnessblender.com is a great site for that).

:smile:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    PS when I was doing the planks arm and leg raises with weights I literally fell down twice during the first "cycle" so yes I'd rather pause it and wait until I can complete them without falling as much.

One day last week I was in plank position doing reneged rows with my weights when I lost my balance and toppled over. I laughed at myself, got back in position and kept going.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, to see how this unfolds.

1a561aa601dbe520d8b6f993ea3be9a7.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I had links posted to her blog...but we're not supposed to post that here...If anyone wants the link just PM me.

Oh look...it is our old friend Catfriend...or whatever you called your last account...

Did you ever turn in the clothes thief from the laundry room? I mean I'm sure she was there picking up her boyfriends clothes, but you were so worried she'd come steal your clothes. I do hope they are still safe.

I also saw where you got your new user name from too