How many eggs can you eat a day?

Options

Replies

• amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Eggs are amazing.

Custard. Omelets. Souffles. creme anglais. Quiche. fritatta. Scotch eggs. Eggs benedict. popovers. German pancakes. deviled eggs.

etc etc

Some of the best things in life.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    He also ate a Guinness World Record six Cadbury Creme Eggs in one minute.
    I can do that!

I think I could double that, though I wouldn't taste them. Hm, is there any money in it?

You get your name in the book, and probably the kid's crazy records edition. Money comes and goes, but being legendary stays forever.

:laugh: Not a bad deal, but if I ever try it, I'll want an EMT on hand. I'd hate to choke and have that accomplishment go on my tombstone.
  • frenchgrapes
    frenchgrapes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me, two servings of egg whites with fat free cheese most mornings. I control diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol through diet so I can stay off meds. I am also vegetarian and get some of my daily protein from egg whites. YMMV.

Plus, whole eggs make me fart and that is just not nice coming from an old lady.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is mainly genetic, dietary cholesterol does not link to blood cholesterol. Eat your eggs and keep the yolks in! Unless you're taking them out to cut the calories.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I eat typically 5 eggs a day (2 scrambled and 3 hard boiled)

unless you have a per-exsisting problem with cholesterol you will not be affected by eating more eggs.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Most I have eaten in a day was a dozen.

Typically, 4-6 eggs if I am having scrambled eggs or something. If I am not really hungry, I may drop that down to three. Occasionally, I will just have 1 egg... but that's because it's on top of a streak or chicken breast.
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh... so good to hear that others eat eggs every day too. I'm allergic to fish, soy, and nuts..... so I go to eggs and chicken for my protein ( and greek yogurt). I eat at least two a day... sometimes three. No more than that. And sometimes I dot eat the whole yolk. ( my dog begs something terrible.)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Is this a challenge?

It is now!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Plus, whole eggs make me fart and that is just not nice coming from an old lady.

Priceless!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I typically eat an egg a day, but I haven't eaten any the whole of last week and now I ate two yesterday and two today. Is this bad? In terms of saturated fat and cholestrol?

Unless you have a medical condition, no...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to eat a 3 egg omellette?

I used to eat 4 egg whites but I don't like them now

Three eggs is better than a whites-only omelet.

Why's it gotta be omelettes for whites only?

The only reason I can think of to even bother separating them would be to whip some air into the whites before folding the beaten yolks in with it. That would be a "proper" omelet, IMO.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked OP, I can eat 6 eggs a day and I've sometimes wondered if it was terrible. Glad to see it's not lol
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    When I started lifting to gain weight, instead of a gallon of milk a day (GOMAD), I did a dozen eggs a day (ADEAD) for 3 months. No health issues arose from it.
    +1.. exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! XD I'm trying this.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    20080927-newman.jpg
  • Ktanaqui
    Ktanaqui Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you can tolerate. I can't have any eggs - well, maybe like... one a week. They make me really, really sick, really fast. x.x
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    No more than three each meal...I had my dietician just tell me this :)
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    no man can eat 50 eggs
  • apeks
    apeks Posts: 2
    Options
    eat egg whites - no limit - full of protein