tattoos hot or not?

Options

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ive got quarter sleeves on both arms curious about how people feel about them?

I love them. See my profile pic.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've wanted one/some for years and years and years. I've finally decided on a couple of small ones for my 50 and 100-lb weight loss markers :happy: (16 lbs to go for that first!) It's also taken me this long to even decide on what to get, since, well, it's there forever.

Speaking of which (sort of) I would like to ask... and I hope it isn't a stupid question... would a tatt on, say, just below my neck, or around an ankle be affected as I lose weight? Like, would it start to look weird as I lose the fat underneath it? On my middle or thigh or butt or other particularly fleshy parts I could see maybe, but I wouldn't be inking them unless I'd already lost everything and tightened them up first :smokin:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Some are amazing art, some not so great...in general I like tattoos and find them interesting. However, they don't come across as "hot" to me at all. They don't make someone less attractive (unless it's like all over their face and forehead, ew) but they don't make a person MORE attractive to me, either.
  • nellysen
    nellysen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan and would encourage my kids NOT to permanently mark their bodies, but I don't judge those who have them. It's a personal choice and not my problem :)
  • Singlejules
    Singlejules Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It depends if they are done well. I have a big lion on my chest and the colours were lovely, but now slightly faded.
    I also have a blue rose on my back for my son who died. His name is there also.
    My last 2 were very special to me as well as the above. When my baby boy Curtis was still born the nurse took prints of his hand and foot. I now have the exact ones tattooed on me. His hand is on my wrist and his foot on my ankle.
    So you see there are different circumstances why we get them. At the end of the day its our bodies and if you dont like then dont look.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    Love them.....I have 2.....tasteful ones. I want one more on my foot.
    I love them on a man also.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    It depends if they are done well. I have a big lion on my chest and the colours were lovely, but now slightly faded.
    I also have a blue rose on my back for my son who died. His name is there also.
    My last 2 were very special to me as well as the above. When my baby boy Curtis was still born the nurse took prints of his hand and foot. I now have the exact ones tattooed on me. His hand is on my wrist and his foot on my ankle.
    So you see there are different circumstances why we get them. At the end of the day its our bodies and if you dont like then dont look.

What a beautiful way to remember him!!! I'm sorry for your loss!!!
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't have any and think they are hot as long as it's not on the neck or above. Also no gang or prison tats.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Speaking of which (sort of) I would like to ask... and I hope it isn't a stupid question... would a tatt on, say, just below my neck, or around an ankle be affected as I lose weight? Like, would it start to look weird as I lose the fat underneath it? On my middle or thigh or butt or other particularly fleshy parts I could see maybe, but I wouldn't be inking them unless I'd already lost everything and tightened them up first :smokin:

Always choose prime real estate. Even after you've lost the weight, You will still get old (provided you don't get hit by a bus or plummet from a plane before that day) and no matter how in shape you are now, gravity will still get the better of your aging skin some day. That being the case, I would recommend picking a spot that will be least affected by gravity regardless of weight/age etc. I got mine on my upper back and on the side of my calf when I was 310 pounds and they still look exactly the same. If I'd gone below the bra line though, my treble clef would now be part of my ''back drapes". That's right....I have lower back curtains. Good thing I thought about that before I had it put on. lol. Ends of extremities are generally pretty safe as well. Anything below the elbows and knees.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Always choose prime real estate. Even after you've lost the weight, You will still get old (provided you don't get hit by a bus or plummet from a plane before that day) and no matter how in shape you are now, gravity will still get the better of your aging skin some day. That being the case, I would recommend picking a spot that will be least affected by gravity regardless of weight/age etc. I got mine on my upper back and on the side of my calf when I was 310 pounds and they still look exactly the same. If I'd gone below the bra line though, my treble clef would now be part of my ''back drapes". That's right....I have lower back curtains. Good thing I thought about that before I had it put on. lol. Ends of extremities are generally pretty safe as well. Anything below the elbows and knees.

Extremely helpful!!! And I kinda already considered the drapes issue, as I got 'em too, and I suppose they could get a little worse before they get better, as I lose... but now I should be good to go forward with my plan (below my neck/just above shoulder blade line.) :happy:
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Extremely helpful!!! And I kinda already considered the drapes issue, as I got 'em too, and I suppose they could get a little worse before they get better, as I lose... but now I should be good to go forward with my plan (below my neck/just above shoulder blade line.) :happy:

yup. that should be a safe spot. gravity has pulled all my loose skin and what fat is left hanging about in it down and away from my upper back/neck &chest. I'm pretty much an amorphous blob between the waist and knees, but the top of me is starting to look like a holocaust survivor, enough so that more and more people are genuinely concerned that I'm ill. with my collarbones as protrudey as they are now, I wonder if a tattoo there would have looked weird even without any sagging. luckily there's enough fat left between my shoulder blades that nothing changed for the tat where I did get it. - I will say as far as pain is concerned, the more fat you have, the less it will hurt. So I'm glad I got it before my spine stuck out too much.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Very. They lure me in.
  • Singlejules
    Singlejules Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful way to remember him!!! I'm sorry for your loss!!!
    [/quote]

Thank you. :-)
    It was 20yrs this year and not a day goes by, that I am thinking of him.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I gotta say I love really tattooed up chicks. Girls that are really covered up like kat von d for example = Hot
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Hot on somebody else
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Love my tattoos!! Looking forward to my next one!,
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The more tats the better! Hot-
  • HattieMonicaReborn
    Options
    Hot!!! I have seen some incredible pieces of art and I have seen some unfortunate work done as well....
    I love mine...I forget to put on jewelry most of the time so I feel like I have built in jewelry because of the ones on my wrists..
    Mine all coordinate for the most part....
    I want to get more but don't know where to put them and don't just want to add for the sake of adding, they are permanent after all...lol
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    A sleeve on a guy is super hot.