Freelee yay or nay?

Options
lemur_lady
lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
I came across freelee the banana girl whilst in a youtube loop. I have spent the last week or so watching through her videos. Some of what she says makes sense, other stuff seems a bit far fetched or untrue but either way I seem to find her videos rather entertaining.

I dont think I have been converted to the raw vegan movement lol but some of her recipes did look pretty yum.

What do you guys think of her/her lifestyle?

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, I'm not in to her attitude to be honest...Just my opinion of course.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Nay,
    I dont like someone telling me what I shouldnt eat.

Her video on the thigh gap was my last straw, lost all credibility.
  • lemur_lady
    Options
    I'm vegan, I'm not in to her attitude to be honest...Just my opinion of course.

She does seem to have a bit of 'my way or the highway' attitude. I can look past that for the most part. Cant stand her boyfriend though.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I would.
    Wouldn't girlfriend though, she's cray cray.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A big **** NO.

Her diet works for her and that's great. But it's all about the $$$$ for her and her greedy little, piggy boyfriend. He once said that he's a pimp, Freelee is his ho and the internets is the client.

The woman has re-managed her anorexia but gone down the orthorexic route. She wrote a book on being completely raw and is still selling it, even though she doesn't follow fully raw anymore. Mmmm...k. It's ok to change your mind, not ok to still pretend that you haven't.

Much inconsistency and bad attitudes. Militant vegans give vegans a bad name.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's smart to follow the diet of someone with an eating disorder.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Haha her diet is more aligned with what's best for humans than the SAD standard American diet that's for sure. I diet that causes heart disease is disordered eating if you ask me.
    I've went from fat on SAD to obese on Paleo to thin on starvation to healthy on vegan to thriving on 80/10/10.
    An 80/10/10 diet mostly of fruit, some vegetables and cooked starches is worth trying, because you don't have to calorie restrict. Starving yourself sucks.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    An 80/10/10 diet mostly of fruit, some vegetables and cooked starches is worth trying, because you don't have to calorie restrict. Starving yourself sucks.

Really? So if I were to consume say, 5-7000 calories a day within these guidelines I wouldn't get fat? That's amazing. :huh:

Freelee is a bonehead, and an arrogant one at that, not unlike every other vegan I know.

Rigger
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I am vegan

but she gets a nay from me for all her fat shaming
  • Wade406
    Options

Really? So if I were to consume say, 5-7000 calories a day within these guidelines I wouldn't get fat? That's amazing. :huh:

Freelee is a bonehead, and an arrogant one at that, not unlike every other vegan I know.

Rigger

You don't have to calorie restrict. Eat all you care to. If you can put down 5-7,000 per day consistently, you're a better man/woman than I.

What's a Rigger? I used to be a roughneck on a drilling rig in North Dakota, is it like that?
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Haha her diet is more aligned with what's best for humans than the SAD standard American diet that's for sure. I diet that causes heart disease is disordered eating if you ask me.
    I've went from fat on SAD to obese on Paleo to thin on starvation to healthy on vegan to thriving on 80/10/10.

Please provide science/facts/studies to back your claims 5iii.
    <
    9% body fat and I eat lots of fish, chicken, seafood etc. Science/studies have shown that we were created to eat protein, carbs AND fat.

Yes the SAD is not good. But it is NOT the cause of someone being obese. It's the fact that people overeat and are not active, OR they very possibly could have a medical condition, or some other mental/physical issue. A one size fits all is not a good approach.

Plus, are you a shill, 5iii? You seem to be defending Freelee a lot and it all sounds like Broscience.
  • Wade406
    Options

Please provide science/facts/studies to back your claims 5iii.
    <
    9% body fat and I eat lots of fish, chicken, seafood etc. Science/studies have shown that we were created to eat protein, carbs AND fat.

Yes the SAD is not good. But it is NOT the cause of someone being obese. It's the fact that people overeat and are not active, OR they very possibly could have a medical condition, or some other mental/physical issue. A one size fits all is not a good approach.

Plus, are you a shill, 5iii? You seem to be defending Freelee a lot and it all sounds like Broscience.

80/10/10 is carbs/protein/and fat. Like you said.

If you're eating fish, chicken, and seafood you have atherosclerosis.
    Look up the study "The pediatric aspects of atherosclerosis" which I quote: "Almost all persons have aortic fatty streaks by age 10".

Also from the Bogalusa heart study: "Relation of serum lipoprotein levels and systolic blood pressure to early atherosclerosis". Same conclusion, kids with high LDL have atherosclerosis. Kids.

If you're older than 10, you have the beginnings of heart disease, unless your LDL is under 70 without medication.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread being started again??

And look 5iii is in this one too

Here is to animal protein and fat!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Wade406
    Options
    Science/studies have shown that we were created to eat protein, carbs AND fat.

So you believe in creation? Nice, so do I.

Gen 1:28,29 God created humans. Then he gave them their diet. Plants. Then Nimrod, the mighty hunter in opposition to God, came along.

So Adam and Eve in the Garden, what did they eat on day one? You think they went and killed a cow for dinner? Or did they enjoy a juicy mango? Or 20.

How many thousands of years did man eat plants, according to the Bible? Yes it changed later on. But did it have to? Which is healthier?
  • Wade406
    Options

And look Fiii is in this one too

IKR!

I'm passionate about my point of view. But you probably already figured that out. You're smart that way.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options

IKR!

I'm a troll. But you probably already figured that out. You're smart that way.

FTFY
  • Wade406
    Options

IKR!

I'm a troll. But you probably already figured that out. You're smart that way.

FTFY

Wow really? And what does FTFY mean?
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Freelee yay or nay?

Not a chance in hell. I eat fruits and veggies because I have to, but deep down I'm an unabashed carnivore.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

here's to murder :drinker:
  • lemur_lady
    Options

I started this thread 2 days ago. It has just been resurrected by the other thread.