How do you do it?

2»

Replies

• kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    I have something like soya yogurt or fruit then a protein flapjack like a Trek or Nakd bar or bag of nuts in the canteen just before starting work(I get the earlier train in so I've got time to eat) I work a 4 hour morning shift with no tea breaks so I need to eat enough to set me up for the day. Something filling with both fibre and protein is your best bet. Beans on toast are a good option if you have time to cook.

I'm self employed when I'm not doing that morning job so the afternoons and evenings when I'm working from home are my temptation times, lol
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    I get up around 5:30 and go to bed around 10. I guess I fall in the "eat every few hours" category. I start with coffee or tea at about 6 then breakfast around 7/7:15 or 8:30 if I have to take it on the go. Then snack between 10-10:30. I go to the gym over lunch so I have a later lunch between 1-2 depending on when I get back. Then another snack around 3:30, but that is sometimes earlier because lunch will just make me hungrier. Then dinner between 6 -7. Maybe if I have something left in my calories I'll have a snack before bed. I pretty much plan my day's meals/snacks in the AM so I know what I am going to have. Then I eat what I have when I'm hungry.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I fall into the eat every few hours category. I get up at 4:15 and go to bed around 9:00. I have coffee at home while getting ready for work. Eat breakfast (oatmeal, eggs, or cottage cheese) at work at 6:15. Snack on fruit around 9:00, eat lunch at 11:30, snack on Belvita or Protein bar & fruit at 3:00. Leave work at 4:45 be at the gym by 6:00 and get home by 7:00 and eat something lite. I just noticed that I eat less as the day goes on. The weekends are not as scheduled.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    I get up between 5:15 and 5:45 (varies) have breakfast around 8:00 a.m. at work, eat lunch between 11:00 - 11:30, protein drink around 2:00, dinner when I get home and then usually some kind of snack or something to get the rest of the calories I need and another protein drink, some days I have 3 protein drinks. The weekends it is all a couple of hours later.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    I'm usually up by 6:50 a.m. I have breakfast at work around 8:30 and if I'm really hungry I'll have a snack at 11:15, lunch at 12:30-12:45 and a snack at 3:15. If I'm not hungry at 3:15 I'll save the snack til I get home and have it before my workout. I find that if I eat a snack between breakfast and lunch and again a couple hours after lunch, I'm never to the point of extreme hunger throughout the day.