Coffee or no coffee? Diet Coke or no diet coke?

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies and your experiences including caffeinated drinks during your weight loss journey. I don't really want to give them up, but my friends insist that I must to really have good success.

Usually I just have the 1 cup of coffee and yes, I count the calories in the creamer. I drink water all day. It's the diet coke that I frequently have with dinner and afterward while grading papers that I sometimes get carried away with. I know I should substitute water (Go ME! right Sedna?) But I also like that fizz.

If I can make progress without giving it up, I'd really prefer that.

If it's the fizz you're really after, have you tried sparkling water? All the goodness of water, plus fizz! And you can get flavored varieties, though they do tend to have some added sodium.

I drink fresca for that very reason_ i like to have other things besides coffee and water to drink- and I hate wasting calories on pepsi- I never finish it anyway. So- Fresca it is- I'll down a seztler water from schewpps too- whatever is on sale at the store.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    thanks for reminding me i almost forgot my caffeine today.:flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Really? People live without coffee? Nonsense... :noway:

also this.

No coffee.

no coffee = no talking- and no making of sentences and doing of things.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I lost about 12 lbs just switching from regular soda to diet. So there is that.

Nowadays, I do try to limit my diet soda, but only because of bone density concerns. I drink a bit of coffee with half & half and non-calorie sweetener. In fact, I get about 80 calories/day in creamer. I also drink 1-2 diet sodas/day. My weight is perfectly fine.