FitBit Flex...worth it?

Options
ashleynburk
ashleynburk Posts: 15 Member
Has anybody gotten the FitBit Flex? How do you feel about it? I'm thinking about purchasing one when I reach a milestone (I'm thinking 35 or 40lbs but we'll see) but I want to know whether it's worth the money. Any thoughts?!

Replies

• abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. It syncs with MFP so it makes it a lot easier to use. I have a few connections on and it and we cheer each other and compete a bit to see who gets the most steps for the week. It's fun and keeps me motivated.
  • rconboy64
    rconboy64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I also use it to make sure I am sleeping enough which I tend not to do.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There was an article in Forbes magazine about MFP making FITBIT and Jawbone UP obsolete. An IPhone 5S now tracks your steps. I returned my UP because its really just an expensive pedometer. You still need the heart rate monitor and have to add stuff that MFP already links with like Map My Walk, Ride or Run.
    Ruth J Princess
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just got mine, but I'll let you know how it goes!
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since November and I love it. I just recently synced it with MFP because there were issues originally.

Family members own the other models of Fitbit but personally this was the one for me. It is easy to use and hard to misplace :D
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Half the fun is challenging other people.

If you have someone you know who is also getting one I recommend. otherwise...

I love the scale that FitBit has, the Aria. seriously I probably love it more than the Flex itself.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    for me, it IS worth EVERY PENNY. if you want a full picture, you also need a hrm.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Well worth it! The very best motivator I have to make me move more.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ What she said!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I'm much more active than I previously thought, and it encourages me to be active on lazy days. Before, I would get food guilt when I went over my calorie goals. Turns out I was usually eating way under what I should have been, or was eating within maintenance. My Flex has helped me understand my body better.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am a Fitbit fan ... and we are a Fitbit family (two of my boys, my parents, brothers and their wives). I've had mine for four years now (the Ultra, now the One). The Fitbit is so great for showing you feedback on your entire day, not just your workouts. I have a HRM too, and I like it, but it's not the same as the Fitbit. I did a blog post about all you can expect if you get one ... HTH *Ü*

http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

The Fitbit syncs with SO many programs. MFP and other reward type programs ... I've earned $$ from Pact, Achievemint and store credit at Walgreens and Kmart (FitStudio). My Fitbit has paid for itself!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Love mine, and it helps me to see how restful my sleep is at night.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have the one and I LOVE it! I know people have had issues with the metal and allergies though on the wristbands. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to go with the clip on models. I adore mine and if anything ever happened to it, I would reorder within seconds!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and I love it. It wasn't as pricey as the Flex ($49) so that was nice but after having and using it for a couple of weeks, I kind of wish I had forked out the extra money for the One. I'm not really a fan of the way the Flex is always visable. The biggest differance between the Zip and the Flex/One is that it does not do floors climbed and it doesn't track sleep. Other than that it's pretty much the same. I like that the Zip uses a small battery that lasts for about 6 months over the Flex/One that needs to be recharged every week/other week.

I love my Zip and I wish I had got it sooner!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit Flex for daily tracking, make sure I am burning at least the minimum. I use my Polar FT7 HRM when I exercise. Seems to be working nicely for me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit. Havent had the flex though. Had a ultra (liked it) and then upgraded to a force (hated it) and then downgraded to a zip (love it). It's small and I can put it just about anywhere and I don't have to charge it. Has a battery that you have to change every 3 months or so. I've had my zip for over a month and battery is still at full strength
  • Technolero
    Technolero Posts: 90
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Force and love it. I've had it a few months now. It was eye opening to see how much I didn't move during the day. Now I have a reminder to keep going! The Force also counts stairs climbed too.
  • namacheri
    namacheri Posts: 12
    Options
    Love my Flex. It's so awesome to feel the vibration that tells you you've done your 10,000 steps. I also like how it tracks your sleep. My husband always kidded me about "sleeping" for 9-10 hours. Turns out I only get about 6 hours because I'm restless or wake up many times a night. Now I guess I will have a sleep study done to figure out why.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've just properly looked into a FitBit and it seems better for my lifestyle and cheaper than I first thought.
    The Flex looks like the best idea because it is on your wrist but as a slightly vain young woman, I have to say that I don't particularly like the idea of wearing it all day...