Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No kiddies. I'm 67 and never wanted kids. I write a blog about childfree women. You can read it at http://www.audacious-aging.coom

Hola, sister. I'm 65 and never wanted kids either... so I didn't have any. Best decision I ever made.
  • shawmutt
    shawmutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have kids now but hope to be child free some day :laugh:
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Here! No kids, not now, not ever, no thanks. Very happily childfree by choice!
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't have children, and have zero desire to ever have them in the future.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Child free! Lol
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    child free if i don’t include myself
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Both me and my partner are childfree. Never wanted kids, don't understand the appeal.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Independent, no dependants .
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just my cat. :)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Currently, I have a furry child: a dog! He's the best walking/running buddy I could as for! Other than that, no kids!! YAY
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I went through premature menopause at age 30. I thought I had time. :(
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have known since I was a kid that I didn't want to have children. I didn't play "house", I played shopping and travel, seriously. Child-free by choice and loving every minute of it!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My mind is honestly quite boggled by these responses. I guess most people here do not know of "childfree by choice" being a thing?

it's not the same as just not having kids, or having an empty nest because your children are older now...

Precisely.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My mind is honestly quite boggled by these responses. I guess most people here do not know of "childfree by choice" being a thing?
    it's not the same as just not having kids, or having an empty nest because your children are older now...
    Precisely.
    Right?? You'd think the initial post, and the clarified "by choice" would clue them in, but apparently not...
    It's quite clear: We have made the VOLUNTARY decision not to reproduce.
  • RivasBodilyHarm
    RivasBodilyHarm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So many child free people is great! Props to you all :) Feel free to add me if you want a no baby buddy!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, living in s community where most ppl start having kids 16-18 years old. Every year, I find out more information on pregnancy/labour/childrearing/parent stupidity that drives me further away from ever wanting children.

Thanks Facebook. And moms who give TMI >__>

My 64 year old aunt is single & child free, and I must say, I kind of admire her life. She got to be a cop, travel the world, do all kinds of things like take dances classes/karate/swimming & she hangs out with jazz bands. At her age, her body still looks pretty awesome because it hasn't been ruined by children! She can do whatever she wants like br nocturnal, smoke, eat chocolate cake for breakfast or have some beers with friends without any husband or kids asking what's for dinner, where's my sweater or why isn't the house spotless.

WINNING!
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    No children. Now or ever. Much to my in-laws dismay.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yep. Child-free by choice. I've known since I was 14 that I did not want kids. Everyone said I would change my mind and "it's different when they're yours." I'm now 38 and still feel the same way.

Although, if I thought having kids would stop people like the Duggers from ruining more, I might consider it. But, sadly, it doesn't work that way.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...to be child free is to make the choice not to have children...

I thought child free meant you didn't have any kids at all - past, present, or future, either by choice or through nature. Or are the people who didn't choose to be child free but ended up without kids just childless? I'm confused. :ohwell: