Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    38 this month. Child free by choice. No regrets. Absolutely can not stand when someone says I'll change my mind about it.
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and child free by choice here with absolutely NO regrets. Always got told that I would change my mind. Really?? You know how I feel better than I do? Please.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine how awful a parent somebody who didn't want children would be.

Better yet imagine how *amazingly* *gross* it would be if one purported to have *wanted* their biological children and then proceeded to parent in an *awful* fashion?

Wow.

Imagine if that *ever* happened?

I don't see child free people being hostile. I often see people with kids, especially those with several, stating that it's "selfish" or "unnatural" or some such not to have kids, like it was a duty. BS to that! I had a choice; have children that I ABSOLUTELY did not want and would resent, just to please my grandchildren-hungry mother ( who went to her grave still telling me I had "cheated" my husband, who didn't want kids either, out of the joys of fatherhood and her out of the joy of spoiling my kids rotten), knowing full well that I would have been a horrid mother, or please my husband and myself by having none. I did what was best for myself and my marriage, and have no regrets.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Got snipped at 22 in 2009 with no kids :-)

I can't stand being around children as they annoy me to no end. When I go to a restaurant, I seek out tables where children are not immediately around me. If there exists a place locally to eat where children aren't allowed, I would be their favorite customer bar none.

I was even on Dr. Phil because of this decision and you guys are welcome to check it out

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/4622/?id=4622&showID=1129
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I decided that I didn't want children when I was in Jr. High. I listened to a lot of talk radio and was aware of the impact that over-population was having on the planet. I also knew that there were thousands of children waiting to be adopted. I couldn't see myself adding to the misery or devastation of the planet. Everyone thought that I was just an idealistic kid and that I would grow out of it.

I just turned 50 and I'm still child-free. I don't regret my decision one bit.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Got snipped at 22 in 2009 with no kids :-)

I can't stand being around children as they annoy me to no end. When I go to a restaurant, I seek out tables where children are not immediately around me. If there exists a place locally to eat where children aren't allowed, I would be their favorite customer bar none.

I was even on Dr. Phil because of this decision and you guys are welcome to check it out

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/4622/?id=4622&showID=1129

that's wild, what ended up happening with the girl?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE KIDS
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Will never reproduce. Count me in!

I may be a foster mom someday, though. There are 500,000 unwanted kids waiting for adoption in the US alone.
  • b4tb4t
    b4tb4t Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm totally CF. Husband and I are happy with our furballs! :)
    I love being an aunt but I'm totally happy to leave it at that!
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    37, no kids
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have a few but missed the opportunity.
  • Ladymoonstar1
    Ladymoonstar1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am childfree I really hate children and was the main reason I left my career behind me. Please feel free to add me
  • TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My people! 🙋‍♀️
  • TxDesertFox
    TxDesertFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    As long as dogs don't count, I am happily child-free. Made this decision when I was 15, kept being told that would change my mind when I met "Mr. Right". Thank goodness I never met him.

Same. I watched a video of a woman giving birth during a sex ed class and was like...um... that's going to be a hard pass for me. I'll be 41 next month and still no regrets. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Absolutely 0 desire to birth or otherwise raise another human. Animals though, I love. ❤️