What's the best most memorable comment you ever got?

Options
Letshopeforthebest
Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
Enough about the insults, how about the compliments? This compliment could have been yesterday, or from 10 years ago. Doesn't matter. As long as it stood out to you and it's something that actually warmed your heart. My most memorable one was about a year ago from a guy I was seeing at the time. Instead of the usual ' hot' or 'cute' or 'sexy' I got something a little different . He said that I had nice eyes. It may not seem like a big deal , but my eyes are the most boring brown color a person can get. No one has ever complimented me on my eyes. I even said that too him ( haha). Now what's the most memorable compliment you received ?

Replies

• Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh and the title of the topic is suppose to be ' what's the best, most memorable compliment** you ever got'
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    "Mom, you are beautiful already!" from my 13 year old son....when talking about trying to improve my figure. I love that kid!
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    A pal on MFP today me today that my smile makes them smile... Epic blushy face. lol
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    These are all really beautiful comments. <3
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    After getting ready for some theme party i come downstairs and ask really animatedly "how do i look?" - being silly.

A male friend of mine, who usually says NOTHING FLATTERING , looks at me straight faced and says "you are devastatingly beautiful".

Yep, one of the best i have ever heard :)
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    a lady told me I had a face for radio.. thought that was nice of her
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    someone said I have a really nice smile and that I look like justin timberlake. Don't see it....but I like the compliment nevertheless
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I looked like a beautiful angel.

I think it was the 100 degree fever glow, since I had a bad case of the flu at the time.
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My son= "you look ugly with makeup"
    He said i look pretty with no makeup. Awwww :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Although mine's sorta lame, I'll be honest...I used to really love it when I was at my heaviest weights and people told me I was "very well proportioned" even though I am pretty sure it was just said to be nice, it made me feel GREAT and boosted my confidence. Stuff like that was a big reason I never truly hated my body and I'm grateful for those little kindnesses now more than ever.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    An old black woman working at McDonalds said that I had nice hair. It was so random and out of the blue I was literally speechless for like 10 seconds. She said it in the middle of my order and everything. I eventually smiled and stuttered out a quick thank you and then quickly finished my order of a 20piece nugget meal and got the hell out of the line.

After getting over the initial embarrassment I realized out good it made me feel despite being from the most unlikeliest of sources.
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    "ur big boned"
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    From my dad when I was 19.. introduced me to a college "this is my son, couldn't be any prouder of him".
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    a couple weeks ago someone told me that i look like a *gorgeous powerful celtic queen*

and then someone told me I have a very distinctive face that is hard to ever forget which could be good or bad I dont know
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I ever got was when I was explaining to my stepson, who was about 11 at the time and very into comic books, how the woman who plays Wonder Woman in a movie needs to be strong, smart, beautiful, and loyal, and he told me so seriously, "Then you could play Wonder Woman." It was awesome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    "That's the best sex I ever had!!!!"

Then the down to Earth comment......."That'll be $150. Cash or charge?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I had somebody tell me I reminded them of a Disney princess, which was pretty sweet thing to say.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    "You're really strong, mommy"
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I was PM'd an *kitten* award today.

giphy.gif