When do you buy new clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    My pants are all stretchy yoga types, so I figure I'll just take them in (besides which, I feel like my butt and thighs will be the last thing to go anyway). I'll try to avoid it as long as possible, but if my clothing starts getting to the point of being dangerously loose on the ice I'll buy again - I only buy clothes from KMart and Big W anyway.

(I stopped buying jeans when my size 16s started getting tight.)
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My SO has promised me a pair of sparkly-butt Daisy Dukes when I hit my goal. Which, at the current rate, will be right around my 50th birthday.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have dropped a few sizes already but I'm reluctant to buy new clothes yet as I don't know how far this journey will take me, I have bought a couple of items for training as I was getting sick of hoisting up my sweat bottoms every time I went for a run but I'm squirreling a way some money every week for a blow out on new clothes for when the time is right.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you ride it out, you'll eventually receive a pity shopping trip from a concerned family member who thinks you are on the verge of becoming a hobo. Stay the course.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I bought new clothes the whole way through. No regrets! I hate wearing baggy clothes that don't fit.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Only if there is a cool bike shirt I don't have and REALLY like. Otherwise, hardly ever.
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    I will probably wait until I hit my goal weight, which is a little over 50 pounds away, to restock my wardrobe entirely. I might buy a couple of new pairs of pants and bras in between just to tide me over, but my weight is distributed rather evenly over my entire body, so I have to lose quite a bit before my clothing sizes get smaller. Last time I lost 30 pounds, most of it came off my stomach and back, so it didn't really affect my pants size much. I wore the same size in everything, they just looked better on me. :flowerforyou:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the middle of the norm on here, then. What I did was every two sizes. When I started, my 18's were tight so when I first was losing I got those to fit. Then I skipped 16's and but I had some 14's from years ago. Just not many. So, I didn't buy much when I first lost other than things to 'get me through'. Mostly things you can get away with like leggings, jeggings, dresses, long tunic tops, etc. With the right accessories, no one really seemed to notice. But I couldn't wait on tops once I got past that point and bought several! I love shopping and seeing the change. Even when it felt like nothing was different, slipping on that smaller size was so motivating. Strangely, I loved shoes a lot more because I went from a 9/9.5W to a regular 8/8.5! So... shopping has been fun and rewarding for me now that I'm looking at 12's. I still have more to go... but I'm enjoying the shopping now! LOL From the 12's, I'm not sure if I will wait or continue to buy down. Guess I will see how it feels.
  • mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I still have the clothes I wore when I was 20 lbs. lighter and I'll just wear those when I get rid of this weight. I still can't wear them since they're a lil tight, but I've always promised myself that I'd be able to fit into them again someday and I've been working towards that goal, but I'm 30 lbs. closer than I was 6 months ago.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I detest buying clothes. I bought two pairs of jeans five years ago, sometimes they are tight, sometimes they are loose but until they fall apart they will do. Luckily I'm either in scrubs or gardening clothes so I dont have to bother
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible and buy clothes for any excuse, love shopping! Weight loss was the best excuse ever, I have finished bagging all of my bigger clothes and distributed them off to friends and family to make room for the new. I always thought best to give away clothes that don't fit anymore so I can't put weight on again as I'll have nothing to wear!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I managed to find some jeans in the wardrobe that I'd bought and never went near me before the diet and even these are too big for me, will really need to do some proper shopping rather than relying on belts to hold them up!!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't like shopping much either, so it's a pain for me to shrink out of all my clothes... Especially because I really hate loose fitting tops :(

Luckily, it's warming up now, just as I'm shrinking out of my previously tightest pants... I plan to stick with dresses with belts so they can work for a long time, and skirts through the summer and fall, and before next winter, I should be pretty close to my goal, so I can buy some tight jeans. Need to buy a couple of skirts, difficult to find something that can match with all my 'jeans and T-shirt' tops, but I'll just get 2, and that will have to do.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I detest buying clothes. I bought two pairs of jeans five years ago, sometimes they are tight, sometimes they are loose but until they fall apart they will do. Luckily I'm either in scrubs or gardening clothes so I dont have to bother

Think that's another family trait!! I've just worked out that the top I'm wearing to work today is over 12 year's old!! Still looks ok and has no holes in it :laugh:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When my current don't fit.

I don't go crazy or anything but let's be realistic...underware and bra have to fit, and who wants to run around in bigger clothes that make it appear that you haven't lost anything.

I got rid of all my old ones and replaced them with 2 pair of jeans and a couple shirts, but did it on the cheap until I am in my final size.