Goal reached. Family horrified.

Options

Replies

• 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, happy, and HEALTHY. They're smokin' somethin funny.... :wink:
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I get similar contradictory messages from family so I can appreciate your situation. What I have found is you have to find your own way and not let them influence you too much... as impossible as that seems. Looks like youve done really well in this journey!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Don't believe them, you're beautiful. Congratulations on your success :)

I'll 2nd that. Would you like to take up ballet again? I would :) Oh, and make some new friends. My friends, are my family :) and I love them to bits. Families can be so envious and jealous grrrr
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would be hurt and mad too, because it is your family and they should love you for you. And I think you look great. You did a great job and congrats on your weight loss.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Don't listen to them.
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Quote…. "I am no longer "overweight" but now am right in the middle of the "normal" bmi weight range. I weigh exactly what I did when I was 17, only I am in much better shape because I am eating healthy, and exercise 3 - 5 times a week, mainly weights but also some regular cardio." Un-quote YOur words not mine and you are a reflection of what you said, absolutely fabulous…congratulations on your success did i mention you look" WOW"

Cheers:drinker:
  • soozy84
    soozy84 Posts: 118
    Options
    These kind of comments can be so hurtful, especially when they're from family. I think our closest friends and family sometimes get used to seeing us a particular way and can't see beyond that. Anyway, I think you look awesome!! You look more youthful and certainly not ew!!!!
  • looch1126
    looch1126 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great! Well-nourished, vibrant and healthy!!!! Sometimes the "super educated" are not smart at all! Stay the course!
    Believe what YOU see in the mirror.... and it's nothing close to "EW"!
  • lonnieh2
    lonnieh2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dunno if anyone has said this yet....but...using a web cam or "Skyping" in bad lighting can make anyone look "EW". Maybe their reaction was just because they weren't used to seeing a smaller face in bad lighting. Just a thought. Either way...who cares what they think...it's your life...your body...if you are happy...F' em.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading thru all the comments but I say you look great, BUT they are just used to you with a bit more fat on and once they get used to the new you they will be fine. I still have 60 lbs. to lose and mine keep telling me to stop now, I've lost enough, I'll look sick if I lose anymore and I know that once they get used to me being smaller it will be okay. Give them time to get used to it and don't worry about what they say right now.
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No way! Please don't listen to your family, you look AMAZING!! You have to think about what YOU want and how YOU feel. I know family can be overbearing at times when you think that they should be your biggest supporters they are the ones bringing you down. You look great. Don't change a thing!
  • jgross1789
    jgross1789 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will keep this short and sweet.........You look great! It could be that your family members wish they were in the same place as you. It seems to me that they are the ones who have the issue.
  • MystiiG
    MystiiG Posts: 9
    Options
    I have to add my comments in with the others here - you look wonderful! In no way is your face "ew!" I'm so sorry your family said those hurtful things to you. You do look very good and have done a wonderful job with your weight loss!
  • Shananigans_
    Shananigans_ Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Wow, quite the responses. I will echo what most have already said: you look wonderful and well done. I know family feel they can be a bit more honest, I think they are wrong.:flowerforyou:
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look great! Do what makes you feel good!
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous!!!!!! I would love a body like yours!!!!
  • taberube
    taberube Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    They are simply suffering from change stress.
  • Firehawk734
    Firehawk734 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look great now. You don't look overly thin at all.

I had the same problem, being at 300+ for many years my mother thought now that i'm at 214 that I am too skinny, when I'm the healthiest and leanest ever. No way.
  • jessical_otoole
    Options
    Seriously? You look so healthy! I seriously don't think that you should mind what they said, you look so healthy it's crazy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!