Goal reached. Family horrified.

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• marialynn2014
    marialynn2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely normal. A healthy beautiful thin person! I see "EW" people every day, these are anorexic looking people. YOU my dear, look great! They just aren't used to it yet. Give it time and they will get used to the new "normal" you!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through the 20 prior pages, but I'm assuming that everyone's said you're kick a$s. Hopefully those 20 pages have told you that your family is full of it and that you've done very well for yourself.

Keep up the awesome work!!! :drinker:
  • deekring
    deekring Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your family is abusive. Who would tell a young girl she is too fat for ballet and needs to become a sumo wrestler? Who would tell anyone "ewwww, you look awful"? You have image issues because of them. I would have limited communication with them if any at all. They are not good for you, family or not. With that being said, you look beautiful and healthy. There is nothing "ewww" about you.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You look really good. I had this happen to me my first time I reached normal BMI. I girl I was dating said that when I got to 184(upper end of my normal BMI), that my cheeks were indented, and I didn't look as good as a short time before. Personally, I still had a little bit of belly fat, and I wanted to get down to 175 (Middle of my normal BMI), but this totally threw me for a loop. I put on 10 pounds. She liked it, but I personally did not.

In the end, it's all about how YOU feel about yourself. Don't worry about family telling you otherwise. Personally, I think you look wonderful, but I'm just some random stranger online.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Some people look really good thin, and others don't. It just depends on a lot of factors.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You look healthy! I promise. They're probably just worried about "how you got there"... not realizing you did it the healthy way
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    First of all, you don't look "ew" at all! You look healthy! I don't think it's necessarily reflective of issues...even if you know 100% that what people are saying is false, hearing things like that is still harmful (and it's intended to be, too, which makes it even worse coming from your family). It sounds like THEY have the problem and for whatever reason are not willing to be supportive of you. Honestly, if I were you I'd really cut back talking to them...who needs that kind of energy in their life? You're doing well and they can't be happy for you :(.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    you look lovely. they are jealous.
  • Linda_May1960
    Options
    Family can be worse than bad weather. Saying that you look 'awful' is disrespectful to you and how hard you worked at getting healthy.
  • caloriesrule
    caloriesrule Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said here and don't really have anything to add. I just wanted you to know there is one more person out there on your team.

You look beautiful, healthy and quite frankly you're an inspiration to me.
  • caloriesrule
    Options
    One more little thing, they may have gotten used to seeing you the way you were and now that you look 'different' it may be their way of telling you they loved you just the way you were.

They'll get used to seeing you this new, healthy and 'different' way soon enough. Hang tough sister!
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I have no idea what your family's talking about. It may be a case of a "prophet is never believed in his hometown." Sometimes family just doesn't appreciate us and think that because they are family, we should hang on their every word and implement all their opinions. They'll get used to it--you just stick to being the awesome you!

P.S. Anyone would get mad at those comments.
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great, and when people are used to seeing you at a particular weight, when you lose that weight they are more likely to think you look too thin. People who have known me all my life think I'm really thin or they say I need to stop. People who didn't would support my decision to lose 40 more lbs because I actually do need to. lol
  • caloriesrule
    Options
    :smile:
  • EmilyEllison2621
    EmilyEllison2621 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! you're damned if you do and damned if you don't! do whatever makes you happy. and NOTHING about you picture is "ew"
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Based on your post: Your family have been abusive to you since you were very young. They continue to abuse you today.

Tell them to stop, and if they won't , leave. Blood doesn't give anyone a right to treat you poorly.
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Your before and after face pics aren't coming up for me but I am with the others, from your profile pics, you look amazing! Well done and if you feel stronger and healthier, be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!