• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Edit
  • dmenchac
    Options
    Hey there,

My calorie goal was 1500 yesterday and it's 1200 today. 1200 is just too darn little for me so I don't really like that they've imposed it on me, it's quite a difference from one day to the next. Yes, I have lost between 4-5 pounds in the last two weeks or so, but it shouldn't change that drastically by my calculations. I hear you girl!!

Your calorie goal should not be different from one day to the next.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Agreed, if you have a device or are logging your exercise calories, these will both change your daily calorie goal. You have a base goal every day, and then when you log exercise (or a synced account logs the exercise for you), it will change your daily goal. If you exercise, you are supposed to eat those calories back (the deficit is already calculated in without the exercise). Usually under your totals on your food tab it will say you earned xx number of calories from exercise. If you're using a device like fitbit and you are less active than it was expecting, it can give you negative calories if you don't have that option turned off.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    OP can you answer these questions please?
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    If MFP is altering your calorie limit and you have not entered any weight data to cause a recalculation you are experiencing a bug and should post in tech support.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Ths is the first I've ever heard of numbers changing on their own. It's never happened to me. The only time my goals change is when I change them.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If it's happening to several people, it could just be a glitch and should be reported to MFP.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    Please just make your diary public.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is kind of odd, I didn't know MFP would automatically change your calorie goals. I have changed my activity level several times since getting on MFP and it hasn't changed.....when I wanted to change it, I had to go in and do it manually. I would actually rather do it manually anyway, it kind of bothers me that MFP could just change it on me.
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If MFP is altering your calorie limit and you have not entered any weight data to cause a recalculation you are experiencing a bug and should post in tech support.
    I agree. A recent MFP update caused the app to not exit completely for me so I contacted tech support and they answered me promptly.

And regarding the unsupportive comments: serenity now!
  • KaraBoo87
    KaraBoo87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Just made my diary public. Please especially take a look at my DAILY GOAL on Saturday 5/3, Sunday 5/4, and Monday 5/5. If anyone has any insight, please help!!!!!
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    Also, do not have a FitBit or anything....I just use my computer and iPhone to log into the app.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    For Monday, you started with 1750 base calories and you exercised 183 calores, which gave you a daily goal of 1933 calories.

Logging exercised increases your daily caloric goal.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    For Monday, you started with 1750 base calories and you exercised 183 calores, which gave you a daily goal of 1933 calories.

If you had only listened! Logging exercised increases your daily caloric goal.

Yah you are logging exercise 160 on saturday 1800+160=1960 same with Sunday...
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    Ok, seriously???? I thought this was a place for support, not to be criticized! Explain to me why WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING.....my calorie goal began at 1850, then lowered to 1800 BEFORE logging any weight loss.....then, FOUR days after logging my first weight loss, my calorie goal was changed to 1750. THIS IS BEFORE ANY EXERCISE IS EVEN ENTERED INTO MFP. Maybe if YOU had listened, you would have stopped commenting when I asked you to.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    You were at 1800 base calories before you weight in. When you weighed in, MFP detected that you lost weight (congrats) and your new caloric level is set to 1750 to keep the same deficit.

Logging exercises creates more daily goal calories. Its called NEAT and MFP uses this system.
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This whole caps lock situation is making feel much less amenable to spending my time troubleshooting.

So good luck, OP.
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    So how come on Sunday, my goal started out at 1800 and Monday was lowered to 1750 when I logged my weight loss on Saturday?
  • dmenchac
    Options
    Ok, seriously???? I thought this was a place for support, not to be criticized! Explain to me why WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING.....my calorie goal began at 1850, then lowered to 1800 BEFORE logging any weight loss.....then, FOUR days after logging my first weight loss, my calorie goal was changed to 1750. THIS IS BEFORE ANY EXERCISE IS EVEN ENTERED INTO MFP. Maybe if YOU had listened, you would have stopped commenting when I asked you to.

Well considering your daily goal has NEVER been set to 1850 you are severely confused.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

if your calorie goal changed between sunday and monday without you changing ANYTHING on your profile or recording any weight loss then it must be a bug, so contact tech support.

you might want to check that you have your settings on the app and computer the same... it might be a differnce between the 2 sites?