beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Have some diapers ready.

shartaof0.jpg
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

I really enjoyed that, thanks.

They sell it in the pharmacists and supermarkets here, people really would rather take a chance of soiling themselves than eat less food or move their limbs about.

Even if it's only a possibility, it would terrify me. I'm socially awkward enough as it is.

That's a very unfair characterization. Many Alli users move their limbs about...running for the bathroom!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have some diapers ready.

shartaof0.jpg

LOL - love this!

A woman I worked with used Alli several years ago - she followed the food guides and still had stomach cramps and oily farts. She quit after a month because she was so tired of dealing with the side effects. The upside was she continued to log her food and added in exercise and ended up losing more weight AFTER quitting the drug than she did while on it.

To be accurate she lost two lbs in the month she took Alli. The month after she stopped she lost three lbs and when she started exercising she averaged a 1 lb a week loss. We were both bank tellers and she was in the window next to me so believe me I heard all about it!

Edited to be clearer about weight loss before and after Alli
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while. A long time ago. But, you will not poop your pants...unless you eat too much fat. Then you will get greasy, oily, poop leakage. Or if you fart...oil. My friend called them "squirty pills" and rightly so. When you do poop, expect to see oil coming out.

I tried it for a couple days. This was my experience.

Plus I read there are some studies now linking it to kidney failure.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    \
    That's a very unfair characterization. Many Alli users move their limbs about...running for the bathroom!

LOL! :laugh:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while. A long time ago. But, you will not poop your pants...unless you eat too much fat. Then you will get greasy, oily, poop leakage. Or if you fart...oil. My friend called them "squirty pills" and rightly so. When you do poop, expect to see oil coming out.

I tried it for a couple days. This was my experience.

Plus I read there are some studies now linking it to kidney failure.

Yep. Nothing like finding a big orange skid on your work clothes half way through the day.