No Alcohol?

Options
13»

Replies

• PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I find it much easier to cut out alcohol completely, than to just have 1 - 2 glasses of wine. its a slippery slope, and I feel that if i cannot drink moderately I should not drink at all....

Completely agree. Once you reach the end of the second glass it's so easy to say "go on, I'll have another one" and before you know it you're drunk, way over your calorie goal, and eating greasy food the next day. Though I'm not saying going cold turkey is easy either... I guess it's all about finding the right balance, and I have yet to find it.
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    Nothing wrong with alcohol - if you give it up for like 5 months like I did then one night I had vodka and the following day I weight myself and I lost 5lbs!! Now I drink once or twice a week, normally red wine, a beer or 2 or some vodka. Enjoy life!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    ya but gray john, i dont think this is a normal reaction haha. you are just freakishly awesome at losing weight!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat...Im trying to cut down to lose weight, and also because of medication that Im on. I honestly used to drink atleast 2 days a wk....atleast 3-4 drinks. Now, I cut down to one day...and try to drink light beer. Regular beer was killin me!! I would end up drinking 1000 cals easy in beer.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    also...the good news is your tolerence will go down, and when you do drink, you wont need much! Its economical too :smile: