What do YOU eat?

Options
kezell83
kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
Do you eat what you want as long as it fits in with your calorie goals? And I don't mean cakes, cookies and chips all day. I mean fried meat, rice and gravy, that kind of thing. Or do you eat baked, grilled, or broiled type of stuff. Clean eating I guess I should say, to get to your fitness goals. I live in the south. I love food. I am trying to find a balance with our lifestyle and getting fit. Not skinny.... FIT. So I am just curious as to what has worked for everyone else.

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want so long as it fits my calorie and macro nutrient goals. I eat enough minimally processed whole food to get in plenty of micro nutrients and fiber, but I also eat cookies, ice cream, and things I like regularly!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals for the day.
  • djslickrix
    djslickrix Posts: 35
    Options
    I eat anything I want, yesterday I had mcdonalds, tomorrow I'm having KFC. I just make sure it doesn't exceed my calorie goals and be sure to meet my protein goals.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Basically what I want, but I try to stay away from white flour.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    eat what you want as long as it fits in with your calorie goals

This is exactly what I do.

I am in this for the long haul and any "diet" that involves eliminating foods won't work for me. I can't live forever without cake, chocolate, french fries, etc.

And no, I don't eat "clean." I eat pita chips and onion rings, drink Diet Coke and consume other foods that many would consider processed. But I also eat lots of veggies, fruits, locally raised meat, and cook much of my food from scratch so I figure it all balances out.
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up my fried foods and gravies, but i have cut them back to 1 or 2 times a week
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Do you eat what you want as long as it fits in with your calorie goals? And I don't mean cakes, cookies and chips all day. I mean fried meat, rice and gravy, that kind of thing. Or do you eat baked, grilled, or broiled type of stuff. Clean eating I guess I should say, to get to your fitness goals. I live in the south. I love food. I am trying to find a balance with our lifestyle and getting fit. Not skinny.... FIT. So I am just curious as to what has worked for everyone else.

I eat for macros more so than for calories. In my time on MFP so far, I've found that if I eat enough protein and fats, and keep my desserts to a minimum. then I won't get huge like I was. Also, I don't drink beer the way I used to, for a variety of reason, but keeping the extra weight off is one of them.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Mostly meat, dairy, and veggies with some sweets, grains, and alcohol mixed in for good measure.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Basically what I want, but I try to stay away from white flour.

I buy the unbleached kind. It makes me feel better.
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat a keto diet so I get to have a LOT of foods most diets ban. Mainly things high in fats. Creams, cheeses, fatty cuts of meat, hamburger. I will say I go for FULL FAT cheeses, grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken...the healthiest versions of what I eat. I don't eat sugar at all and certainly not rice. I eat very low carb but have found ways to make different versions of the foods I used to love that are healthier. Recently found a recipe for low carb gravy that I can't WAIT to try! I think it's all about finding a balance so that this new way of eating is something you can maintain for life. The best plan is one you can stick to!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Anything I want as long as it fits my macros and my calories.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want so long as it fits my calorie and macro nutrient goals. I eat enough minimally processed whole food to get in plenty of micro nutrients and fiber, but I also eat cookies, ice cream, and things I like regularly!

^^this
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as it fits into my day.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my calorie/macro goals. I aim for 120 grams of protein a day, and I make sure to get enough fat. Other than that, I just make decisions based on my cravings and my budgetary restrictions. Of course, if I want enough calories in my dessert for ice cream, I might eat a lighter lunch to make that happen.
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat (by choice, not for the purpose of losing weight), but most everything else is fair game
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I eat a keto diet so I get to have a LOT of foods most diets ban. Mainly things high in fats. Creams, cheeses, fatty cuts of meat, hamburger. I will say I go for FULL FAT cheeses, grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken...the healthiest versions of what I eat. I don't eat sugar at all and certainly not rice. I eat very low carb but have found ways to make different versions of the foods I used to love that are healthier. Recently found a recipe for low carb gravy that I can't WAIT to try! I think it's all about finding a balance so that this new way of eating is something you can maintain for life. The best plan is one you can stick to!

You know, according to the ads on MFP, there are five foods that we are supposed to avoid...
    While I haven't clicked on the ad, I personally believe that people should avoid foods this...
    michele_bachmann_rick-perry-an.jpeg

Because it does a lot more harm than something as innocent as a harmless cupcake.
    giphy.gif
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Same as others have mentioned....
    What I want....

And typically what I want is rice, chicken, sushi.....
    veggies....
    peanut butter.....

I don't eat a lot of bread or candy or soda.....
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

By your (bolded) definition, then no I don't eat IIFYM.

By the basic definition of IIFYM, then yes I do. I'm not living the rest of my life (40 years or so) and not have a piece of cake or a cookie.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    What do YOU eat?
    OXBFBsA.gif