Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    For those who are new to the concept of IIFYM here is a link that breaks it down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    chicken and more chicken and rice and sweet potatoes haha
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed or fast food, imo they are not good for me and I don't want them anyway. I stay away from simple carbs, not because I don't like semolina flour, but because they raise my blood sugar.

I am a trained cook and make our food from scratch and eat mostly what I want as long as it fits into a diabetic diet. I like seared meat, so mostly I cook in a pan with a little oil. Proper fats are good for us and they make things taste good. I have never been a junk food eater, I got fat on plain old food!
  • Sun_Wukong
    Options
    Everything
    Could I add a side dish of hump day SugaryLynx to my order thanks :wink:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I follow IIFYB.

Mostly eat grains and beans, supplement them with vegetables and vegetable juice, add some cheese or sausage for fatty protein and tea because awesome...

...and, of course, booze and junk/fast food.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    A bit of both. More of the lean stuff, but with the occasional healthy dose of pizza, fried chicken, and takeout.

Gotta have a retox every once in a while so your system doesn't get lazy. :wink:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Everything

Lmao. I break out my assets for the middle of the week, it's on special
  • Whatsername0413
    Whatsername0413 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to limit fried & overly processed foods, but for the most part I just eat what I want, and try to make sure I'm at least close to meeting my recommended nutrition goals.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals for the day.

Let me clarify so it helps a little more.

I eat what I want, but i also think about what I eat. I love ice cream, but I don't go all willy nilly with it. I am not a fried food eater. I don't like it. I am not a big pasta, and or bread eater. I like healthier food choices most of the time over what I consider junk food. I know if I eat a lot of junk I feel like Schimt afterwards. I am not a soda drinker. If you look at my diary you will see the only time I really have a soda is if there is Crown in it...lol. Seriously I put thought in making sure I get the amount of protein I need to maintain my weight lifting goals, and I am picky of my carbs, and fats. It really is a balancing act that you have play around with until you get it right for you. I choose to stay away from certain food products not b/c I have deemed them bad. I deemed them not good for me b/c of how I feel if I eat them. Ultimately though if I want a beer, and hot wings......I am going to eat them.

I hope this answers your question a little more thoroughly. :happy:
  • Sun_Wukong
    Options
    Everything

With assets like that I sure could use someone like you on my staff.
    isL8VmM.gif
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat very clean. Lot's of whole grains, lean chicken breast and fresh fish and fruits and veg. Processed food is almost non existent now in my diet. Greasy, sugary, fried, junk food and all that jazz doesn't even appeal to me anymore.
  • dianaeatworld
    dianaeatworld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want within moderation. My big problem is portion control so I weigh everything I eat unless I'm going out to a restaurant.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calorie and macro goals. Fried chicken? Heck yes. Pizza? Mashed potatoes and gravy? Yes please! I just watch portion sizes. :)
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i definitely try to eat less processed stuff the majority of the time and the rest of the stuff a minority of the time. that has to do with me not just wanting to be thin, but healthy (i.e. i know 100 cal of veggies is better for me than 100 cal of cookies).
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Everything

isL8VmM.gif

Did you just...is that FMA?!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat what I want, but I do also aim to get at least 8 servings of fruits/veggies per day. Most days, I don't eat fried foods or fast foods, but I also pretty much never eat plain baked chicken and steamed veggies, either.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Options
    Everything

isL8VmM.gif

YPMM7YW.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Everything

isL8VmM.gif

YPMM7YW.gif

iqbsib.gif