NFL Draft threaad

Options

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Not my team, but I'd love to see the Texans take Johnny Manziel. Then they might be my team.

Well I hate to burst your bubble but Manziel isn't going to be half as effective in the NFL as he was in college. Not happening.

Only one way to find out....go big or go home. Someone's gonna take a chance on him and he sure as hell is more exciting to watch than the crap coming out of Houston lately.

Are you kidding??? Texans were 12-4 the year before last. JJ Watt is one of the most exciting players in the league. Yes, they had a lousy year last year but Manziel is NOT the answer. Honestly, I wouldn't be all that upset if the traded back and wound up with an O lineman in the first round and, like I said earlier, picking up Mettenberger or even Savage in the 2nd or 3rd. Manziel is a douche and is WAY overrated. He'll be out of the league by 2018.

I was going to reply to that comment about nothing good coming out of Houston but I figured the poster must not watch much football to have that attitude. they have one $hitty year and now they suck? Didn't they play for the AFC title the year before?
  • LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding??? Texans were 12-4 the year before last. JJ Watt is one of the most exciting players in the league. Yes, they had a lousy year last year but Manziel is NOT the answer. Honestly, I wouldn't be all that upset if the traded back and wound up with an O lineman in the first round and, like I said earlier, picking up Mettenberger or even Savage in the 2nd or 3rd. Manziel is a douche and is WAY overrated. He'll be out of the league by 2018.
    [/quote]

Nope, not kidding. I'm well aware of the Texans record the year before last, but I'm wondering how the No.1 defense in the league ended up dead last last year. JJ Watt is an awesome player, not to mention a great guy, but he can't carry a whole team. And before you get your panties in a knot, I'm not saying Manziel can carry a team either. However, with a defense like the Texans and (hopefully) a coach who can control his little *kitten* that would be some exciting stuff to watch.
    Whether he's a douche or not has no effect on whether or not he will be effective on the field (i.e. Michael Vick, Big Ben, etc.).

Oh yeah and Gig 'Em. :wink:
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Browns fan here, and I swear if we take another QB I'm gonna scream. Granted, I don't follow the draft elegible players at all, and couldn't tell you what positions we really need, but my gut just can't handle another QB, especially Manziel. He seems like a problem waiting to happen (based solely on how he handled his college success).

I love my Browns, and I live for Sundays during football season, I just don't get into all the details. :laugh:

I thought you looked familiar. That's you in the middle, right?

browns-fans.jpg
  • VaFJMan
    VaFJMan Posts: 93
    Options

Nope, not kidding. I'm well aware of the Texans record the year before last, but I'm wondering how the No.1 defense in the league ended up dead last last year. JJ Watt is an awesome player, not to mention a great guy, but he can't carry a whole team. And before you get your panties in a knot, I'm not saying Manziel can carry a team either. However, with a defense like the Texans and (hopefully) a coach who can control his little *kitten* that would be some exciting stuff to watch.
    Whether he's a douche or not has no effect on whether or not he will be effective on the field (i.e. Michael Vick, Big Ben, etc.).

[/quote]

I think your Texans will trade out of first pick. You REALLY don't need Clowney (yeah nice to have), but NEED QB. None worthy of 1st pick! second, they can get multiple picks this year and next for it. third, the players they want can be taken farther down. Don't forget this is a Houston team that 2 years ago many were saying was a formidable opponent! lastly ... Falcons and perhaps some others REALLY REALLY want Clowney
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Cowboys and I'd love to see Jerry Jones jump off a cliff.

Sorry to hear you're a Cowboys fan but I love your attitude!

Oh, and btw, Texans fan here, waiting for Clowney's name to be called 1st and we'll see what QB is there in the 2nd round.

Clowney would be nice. And to the person who might be a Texans fan if they drafted Manziel. We do not need any more bandwagon fans. :flowerforyou:

ETA: Being from Lousiana, I'm a die-hard Saints fan. Howver, I've lived in Houston 20+ yrs and do enjoy the Texans. Texan fans are brutal though!
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Browns fan here, and I swear if we take another QB I'm gonna scream. Granted, I don't follow the draft elegible players at all, and couldn't tell you what positions we really need, but my gut just can't handle another QB, especially Manziel. He seems like a problem waiting to happen (based solely on how he handled his college success).

I love my Browns, and I live for Sundays during football season, I just don't get into all the details. :laugh:

browns-fans.jpg

i am excited to watch your browns play as a bills fan our teams are so similar with a similar fan base. Love Pettin andhe will have a kickass d to work with you guys have a rel shot of winning the division if you can get some kind od decient qb play
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Oh, and btw, Texans fan here, waiting for Clowney's name to be called 1st and we'll see what QB is there in the 2nd round.

Clowney would be nice. And to the person who might be a Texans fan if they drafted Manziel. We do not need any more bandwagon fans. :flowerforyou:

^^I like you

.... oh... and Wreck 'em Tech :glasses:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

browns-fans.jpg

i am excited to watch your browns play as a bills fan our teams are so similar with a similar fan base. Love Pettin andhe will have a kickass d to work with you guys have a rel shot of winning the division if you can get some kind od decient qb play

Yup, that's me! At least we know there are no bandwagon fans here in Cleveland :laugh:

And I get what you're saying about a QB, but they never give anyone a chance to develop. How many QB's have we had in the last 5 years? Yes, some of them were worthless, but c'mon there had to be a couple in there that could have worked out given enough time. I actually like Hoyer, and I think if he hadn't gotten hurt when he did that the season would have gone much better.
  • sam48126
    sam48126 Posts: 21
    Options
    As a lions fan, the draft is my superbowl
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

That explains it all.

Manziel being a douche has no effect on his play. The fact that he won't be able to run around the way he did in college and the fact that he won't have Mike Evans to bail his butt out WILL have an effect on his play. Short QB with average arm strength and a 10 cent head. He's the second coming of Ryan Leaf without the physical abilities that Leaf had.

As for the Texans D....

7th in the league at yards allowed per game (317.6)
    19th in yards per play allowed (5.2)
    24th in league at points allowed (428)
    Tied for 29th in sacks (32)
    DEAD LAST in turnover differential (-20)

Now, granted, they should have had more than 11 takeaways, but when your QBs throw 22 interceptions - including 14 in 10 games by Schaub - you aren't being put in a position to succeed. The Texans don't need "excitement" at QB. They need someone who can get the job done. When Manziel gets pressured, he either chunks the ball up (again, no Mike Evans) or runs without going through his progressions.

Screw Manziel. Give me Bridgewater or Metterberger or Savage or even Aaron Murray. Or, better yet, trade with the Redskins for Kirk Cousins. But our pash rush was completely toothless (other than Watt) so give me Clowney. He will create the excitement you want AND, by putting more pressure on the QB, he'll make the rest of the defense better.
  • Ragtees
    Ragtees Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Looking for my Raiders to get Sammy Watkins, hopefully the Browns go QB.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

ETA: Being from Lousiana, I'm a die-hard Saints fan. Howver, I've lived in Houston 20+ yrs and do enjoy the Texans. Texan fans are brutal though!

you have no idea what a band wagon fan is until you have Tebow on your team. As a broncos fan, I know how that feels. Bandwagon fans suck.
  • PerryTPlatypus
    PerryTPlatypus Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Looking for my Raiders to get Sammy Watkins, hopefully the Browns go QB.

Sammy Watkins will go #2 to St. Louis or #3 to Jacksonville. No chance he winds up in Oakland.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Me too, girl.
  • LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No worries people the only bandwagon I've ever jumped on is the MyFitnessPal bandwagon. :drinker:

And when it comes down to it only time will tell....many players people thought were going to be awesome and have flopped...so we'll just have to wait and see.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Manziel is a douche and is WAY overrated. He'll be out of the league by 2018.

Amen. I'll be damned if my Cowboys pick him.
  • jrheckler
    jrheckler Posts: 1
    Options
    Eagles fan. Whoever we pick is gonna work out just fine.

In Chip we trust.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

So in short he is a perfect cowboy!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

BwahHHHAAHHAHA AWESOME